OFFICIAL 2010 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD : Mods, please lock. Thanks.

so do we hope the stadium blows up durning one of the giants VS phillys games?

and whats this nonsense about a football stadium been built in downtown(ya i know this is a baseball thread but so what)

im just going to root for whoever comes out of the AL. and id rather have the phillies make it to the WS.

downtown football stadium has been thrown around for like 15 years now. it would be cool but can you imagine 75000 people trying to park by staples?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so do we hope the stadium blows up durning one of the giants VS phillys games?
I want to see Halladay vs. Lincecum, but yeah after that I hope both teams lose (if that's possible
laugh.gif
)

and whats this nonsense about a football stadium been built in downtown(ya i know this is a baseball thread but so what)
Liewieke and Wasserman are trying to screw this up again because Roski has the plans for Industry already approved. It would obviously be "cooler" if it was downtown but arguing about the location isn't gonna end well -- that's been proven. Anyways, I'm most interested in seeing how they would come up with a roof that would be sufficient for a final 4 but still have a 'Southern California feel'. Check this thread out http://www.skyscrapercity...php?t=798208&page=30

i thought once LA live was built there was no more room for a stadium? unless they tear down the convention center there is no room around there.

i have said it since the start that the industry idea is a bad one because where its at.

a retractable roof for an nfl stadium in LA would be amongst the stupidest things ever built.

Bigmike - their plan is to tear down one of the halls at the convention center and turn it into a stadium somehow

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

a retractable roof for an nfl stadium in LA would be amongst the stupidest things ever built.

but just like the one in arizona its been built for more then just football.

Bigmike - their plan is to tear down one of the halls at the convention center and turn it into a stadium somehow
!!%! going to be the size of a high school stadium?

The West Hall, that's closest to the 110 if I remember correctly.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

!!%! going to be the size of a high school stadium?

those halls are big plus i would imagine they would tear down the parking structures that are attached to it. probably eliminate that street that runs parallel to the 110 too in order to fit it.
laugh.gif

the city of industry is by far the best option. every permit has been approved and all that BS. its by 3 freeways and theres enough land for sufficient parking.

I'm on the fence about the City of Industry plan.  It's pretty far from Downtown, there ain't %$+@ out there but strip clubs.  I know some dudes don't mind that, but I'm sure once the Stadium is built they will find a way to get rid of most if not all of the strip clubs in the area.  The freeways out there are already congested.  Yes, the 110 is bad as well, but there are public transportation options available, now that the Metro Rail line has been expanded.

I would rather have a Stadium in Downtown.  There's a lot to do in the area now.

The only reason they want a roof is to use it as a Convention Hall in the off season, just like Glendale, Az uses University of Phoenix Stadium as a convention hall in the off season.

I would rather figure out where to park, than drive to CoI.

That 60/57/10 is the absolute worst strip of freeway that i've ever had to put up with.

Worse than anything in LA.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

That 60/57/10 is the absolute worst strip of freeway that i've ever had to put up with.

Pure lies bro.

101/5/110/10 during rush hour is 10 times worse than that.

downtown would work if they tore a bunch of $%%$ up and built new streets/rail service into there. it would probably take a long time to get approved though.

downtown would work if they tore a bunch of $%%$ up and built new streets/rail service into there. it would probably take a long time to get approved though.
QFT about the traffic around downtowm, and to the second line thats why Antonio had those front row seats all thru the Lakers playoffs, those were AEG seats.

Traffic is gonna suck anywhere in Socal, might as well put it downtown IMO

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Pure lies bro.

Last time I put myself through that hell was 3 years ago, so maybe it's changed.

But in those days it would take me three hours from Bellflower to Fontana at 3pm.

405 = bad meaning BAD not bad meaning good
sick.gif

My parents live in Arizona, and I can honestly tell you that driving in LA is better than driving in Az. I absolutely despise driving in Arizona. The freeways systems are a joke. There are waaaaay less drivers out there, but they are far worse. Countless retired people with no business driving. Plus it takes FOREVER to actually get to freeways out there. My parents house is 28 miles from Phoenix in a straight line. But factoring the time it takes to actually get to the Freeway, plus the time on the freeway, it takes almost an hour without traffic. Theres also a freeway out there called the 101 Loop. It is the dumbest freeway ever. A giant circle. You can literally drive on the freeway until your gas tank runs out and it would lead you no where. Oh yeah, I almost forgot the radar gun cameras that are every 1/4 mile apart on the freeways.

I hate, hate, HATE the freeways in Arizona. (sorry for the mini rant)

@%!% the traffic issue, get there early and tailgate. 

I love Dodger Stadium, but the one knock on it is that there is nothing around the Stadium to do before or after the game.  One of the charms of PetCo is that it's smack dab a part of the Gaslamp District, the end of the game is the beginning of the night.

You build that stadium in City of Industry, there isn't #@$+ to do, unless strip clubs are your thing...
grin.gif

I hate, hate, HATE the freeways in Arizona. (sorry for the mini rant)
Arizona is garbage.  It's the IE x 1000.

At least it has Spring Training, before it gets hot and going to Tempe/Tucson for a USC game is usually in the Fall when it cools down.  Don't know how folks survive those summers out there.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

@%!% the traffic issue, get there early and tailgate. 

I love Dodger Stadium, but the one knock on it is that there is nothing around the Stadium to do before or after the game.  One of the charms of PetCo is that it's smack dab a part of the Gaslamp District, the end of the game is the beginning of the night.

You build that stadium in City of Industry, there isn't #@$+ to do, unless strip clubs are your thing...
grin.gif

THANK YOU.

they can try to put some LA Live type *#%* next to the stadium in the city of industry and it still wouldnt help. everyone would still drive back to the city

if u can find space in downtown that is the best option. the only other place i could think of is if someone bought hollywood part and tore it down and built one there

Back
Top Bottom