Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Kawakami makes some good points. At this point I just don't know what the best first step is. Personally I think its finding a better coach than figuring out how to build around Curry.

This team is a mess and requires a complete overhaul. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

DWright isn't that great, but for the contract we signed him for he's a steal. No way management is going to trade him unless we can really get a solid upgrade that can justify them paying more.

Udoh is good enough. I'd trade him given the opportunity but he's easily our best defensive big man. Stats don't tell the whole story; I'd hold off on Monroe being better than him definitively until a few seasons pass.
I don't know if this is a response to me, but if it is, the point is to lose games now to lose way less later. Good contract, bad contract, whatever. He's still a solid player and he helps prevent you from getting a good draft pick.
Seriously though, as currently constructed, how do the Warriors build a contender without tanking for a few years?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

DWright isn't that great, but for the contract we signed him for he's a steal. No way management is going to trade him unless we can really get a solid upgrade that can justify them paying more.

Udoh is good enough. I'd trade him given the opportunity but he's easily our best defensive big man. Stats don't tell the whole story; I'd hold off on Monroe being better than him definitively until a few seasons pass.
I don't know if this is a response to me, but if it is, the point is to lose games now to lose way less later. Good contract, bad contract, whatever. He's still a solid player and he helps prevent you from getting a good draft pick.
Seriously though, as currently constructed, how do the Warriors build a contender without tanking for a few years?
Nah, that was more directed toward DownyBoy.

There's some good pieces on this team, but it reminds me a little bit of how we were before Baron was traded here.
ohwell.gif

Kawakami wrote a pretty interesting article about Udoh/Lee.
[h2]Udoh is far from a perfect Warriors PF, but he’s probably a better option than David Lee[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on March 21st, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors
Interesting read, didn't realized Lee was that inefficient on offense. I realized that he was a good shooter, but now that I think about it I have never seen him post up before. The article makes a lot of sense and I think starting Udoh would be better and I know it's easier to find a scorer than a player who loves to play defense. 

I think Lee could be a less damaging piece if the team got a decent center. I don't know about you guys, but I obviously wasn't happy with the trade/signing. There really isn't nothing the team can do now though.

I'm almost certain Yuku wasn't around back then so that thread wouldn't exist.

Nelson was on Chronicle Live last night...

Or they can win at the end of the season, when games are meaningless, and end up with Ekpe Udoh. Another reason why this team will always be horrible.

Back
Top Bottom