Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

We suck.
laugh.gif

Damn, looks like menace beat me.
mad.gif
If only we didn't have Menace rule....

I think for everyone it's pretty similar. In no particular order...

1) Trade Monta or Curry and add depth to the team.
2) Draft well.
3) Trade Biedrins for a bag of Hot Cheetos.
4) Fire Robert Rowell.
5) Get a new coach.

Originally Posted by acidicality

2) Draft well.
4) Fire Robert Rowell.
5) Get a new coach.
laugh.gif

It's trade everybody except Curry and build through the draft. I would take sucking for like four straight years to possibly get a superstar through the draft. It beats winning 35 games every year.

2) Draft well.
4) Fire Robert Rowell.
5) Get a new coach.
Sounds like a good plan to me. I think Monta's value is pretty high and the team could benefit with him gone (confidence boost for Curry, better team basketball) and hopefully get a bigger guard and serviceable center in a package involving him and Biedrins. And Smart definitely needs to go.

Like the plan with FullMetal's edits + trade Dorell (his stock isn't getting any higher and he's not that good IMO).

Monroe with another double double, Udoh with 8pts 1 rebound in 29 minutes...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

It's trade everybody except Curry and build through the draft. I would take sucking for like four straight years to possibly get a superstar through the draft. It beats winning 35 games every year.
Either way we're gonna suck for 4+ straight years
laugh.gif

Ain't no way Lacob is gonna admit to taking an L with David Lee yet. It may take him another year or two.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Either way we're gonna suck for 4+ straight years
laugh.gif

Ain't no way Lacob is gonna admit to taking an L with David Lee yet. It may take him another year or two.
But there is a difference between sucking and winning 35 games and sucking winning 20. You're not going to draft a superstar when you're at 12 every year.
And I know there is no way Lacob would ever do this, but it's the only way, in my opinion, to build a winning team.

I agree, no doubt. There are teams like the Clippers, TWolves, Pacers, Nets, hell even the Cavs are in better position to turn their franchise around than the W's with a core of Monta, Steph, and D. Lee. 

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I agree, no doubt. There are teams like the Clippers, TWolves, Pacers, Nets, hell even the Cavs are in better position to turn their franchise around than the W's with a core of Monta, Steph, and D. Lee. 
That's exactly what I've been trying to tell people.
Edit: Well maybe not the Pacers.

DWright isn't that great, but for the contract we signed him for he's a steal. No way management is going to trade him unless we can really get a solid upgrade that can justify them paying more.

Udoh is good enough. I'd trade him given the opportunity but he's easily our best defensive big man. Stats don't tell the whole story; I'd hold off on Monroe being better than him definitively until a few seasons pass.

Udoh getting 1 board in 30mins is really unacceptable. How is that even possible? you have to try reallllly hard to play 30mins and grab only 1 board.
idk about him being our best defensive big (LOL@this team) but Udoh have some weak hands.

DWright isn't that great, but for the contract we signed him for he's a steal. No way management is going to trade him unless we can really get a solid upgrade that can justify them paying more.

Udoh is good enough. I'd trade him given the opportunity but he's easily our best defensive big man. Stats don't tell the whole story; I'd hold off on Monroe being better than him definitively until a few seasons pass.

Agree with you 100% on both points.

Buy low, sell high...which is why we need to get our moneys worth on Wright while we can.

Stats do not tell the whole story, but they sure are painting a bleak picture so far. The jury is definitely still out, I just like to point out comparisons as a joke.

edit- F/C Greg Monroe continued his double-double binge Sunday in Atlanta with 17 points and 10 rebounds. He has nine double-doubles since the All-Star break and a team-best 16 for the season. He also made three of the team's five steals and has a team-high 74.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

Udoh getting 1 board in 30mins is really unacceptable. How is that even possible? you have to try reallllly hard to play 30mins and grab only 1 board.
idk about him being our best defensive big (LOL@this team) but Udoh have some weak hands.
It's partly cuz he goes to block everything.  But still that is a low total.

Kawakami wrote a pretty interesting article about Udoh/Lee.
[h2]Udoh is far from a perfect Warriors PF, but he’s probably a better option than David Lee[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on March 21st, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

There’s no doubt the Warriors have a problem on the frontline, and it’s obvious that center Andris Biedrins has been a huge part of the problem.

He has regressed. He is an immense percentage drag on offense and–thanks to the loss of confidence–has become a mind-bogglingly negative player on defense, too.

Now Biedrins–due $9M for the next three seasons–is hurt and probably out for most or all of the remaining meaningless games, which means rookie Ekpe Udoh has been the starting C for a few games and probably will be for the rest of the season.

And it hasn’t gone so well so far.

Udoh’s clearly out of position and he doesn’t get many rebounds–and if you don’t get rebounds when you’re 23 years old in the NBA, you probably won’t get many at age 28, 30 or 33 either.

My point here: Udoh has a solid future role for this team, but it’s not at center…

It’s as a starting power forward WHO ACTUALLY PLAYS DEFENSE.

That is, Udoh could have that role if Warriors management ever gets over its besotted love for David Lee, and that might not happen, I realize.

It’s also difficult to factor in all the money the team owes Lee for the next five seasons. There’s a PR cost there, and the Warriors do love their PR.

But to use venture-capital lingo, let’s consider the remaining $69.2M of his deal a “sunk cost

That stat gets a bit misleading. Knicks definitely werent more so, a "better rebounding team" without Lee, although we werent better with him either. *shrugs.

everytime i think about the future of this team i feel sick to my stomach

11m/year for monta til 2014
9m/year for biedrins til 2014
15.5m/year(!) in david lee's last year 2016

who's takin any of these contracts
steph's nice, ekpe's whatever, this draft class looks weak... what do i have to look forward to

Back
Top Bottom