Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

The last 2 years of the Lee's deal 
alien.gif

Paying almost a combined $20million a year for a Lee + Biedrins frontcourt
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

nice article about dorell
[h1]Peterson: It's the right place and time for Golden State Warriors' Dorell Wright[/h1]
By Gary Peterson
Oakland Tribune columnist

Posted: 02/27/2011 08:56:45 PM PST

Updated: 02/28/2011 08:18:10 AM PST

Dorell Wright had mixed feelings about the NBA trade deadline during his six seasons with the Miami Heat. Which is to say, some years it was more anxiety-provoking than others.

"Every year," he said last week, when asked if he was ever concerned he would be moved. "One year I kept hearing I was going to get traded to Memphis (while the Heat was) in Memphis. I couldn't sleep. I remember Dwyane Wade telling me to chill out."

He tried, but coach Pat Riley didn't make things any easier. "Before the game he came over to me and said, 'You good? Everything all right?' He was messing with me."

There was no messing with Wright as the deadline approached this season, his first since coming to the Warriors as a free agent. He was unfazed even when a friend reported seeing a bottom-of-the-TV-screen crawl that indicated the Warriors had traded some fellow named Wright to New Jersey.

"I said, 'That's B. Wright, not D. Wright. We have two Wrights,' " Dorell said. "He said, 'You sure?' I said, 'I'm positive.' "

Sure enough, Brandan Wright was sent packing. Dorell Wright remains, an integral part of what the Warriors hope will grow into a franchise renaissance. With their next win, they'll top last season's total. Wright already has started more games with Golden State than he did in six years in South Beach.

From a team standpoint, progress has been maddeningly measured. The Warriors just completed a 44-day stretch in which they

Advertisement

played 17 of 20 games at home. Though they went 11-9, they lost a half-game in the playoff chase.
For Wright, however, it's all good. He's averaging career highs nearly across the board. He entered Sunday's game at Minnesota leading the NBA in 3-point attempts and baskets. His proficiency earned him a spot in the 3-point shootout during All-Star weekend in his native Los Angeles.

"I had a great time," he said. "I was in front of my hometown, my family. I couldn't walk two steps without knowing someone. It was a great atmosphere. It makes you hungry. I want to go back next year."

Would any of this have happened in Miami? Wright never got a chance to find out. The arrival of LeBron James and Chris Bosh forced him out the door. Still, he has nothing bad to say about his experience there, including the growing pains he endured as a member of the penultimate class of high school seniors to jump to the NBA. He smiles when reminded that Wade initially perceived him as "a whiner."

"I used to complain about everything," he said. "I was one of the best high school players in the nation. I got (to Miami) and it was like a reality check."

He'll have you believe he arrived in Miami a boy, and left it a man. (Though shortly before he left, he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, and year-old private photos of him appeared on the Internet. He quickly apologized after both incidents.) Becoming a father, he says, has changed him. He sure talks like a dad, especially the part about coming home from a hard night's work to 3-year-old son Devon, who loves him win or lose.

"I'll come home and he'll say, 'Great game, Dad,' " Wright said. "I'll be like, 'Uh, thanks. If you really knew, Daddy couldn't make a shot tonight.' "

To hear Dorell tell it, Devon does a killer Michael Jackson impression. But his real love is basketball, and his idol is Clippers rookie Blake Griffin. Perhaps Dorell's biggest All-Star highlight was introducing the two.

It's another sign of maturity that he feels wanted by the Warriors not only for his on-court contributions, but his leadership as well. To that end he's trying to recreate the team vibe here that he enjoyed in Miami, in part by organizing group outings. Example: Warriors players ("and our ladies," Wright said) attended a Prince concert together last week.

"Monta (Ellis) told me, 'It hasn't been like this on other teams I've been on.' " Wright said. "With Miami, we were always like that. We'd be on the phone with each other -- 'When are we meeting in the lobby?' We'd play the credit card game, where the last card in pays."

To hear Wright tell it, camaraderie does more than fill up lonely hours on the road.

"When you know someone off the court," he said, "you know how to talk to him on the court."

A trick of the trade, so to speak.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

word on the street is that Azubuike is getting waived..warriors should bring him back
yeah he was.

don't know if that's a good idea. doesn't sound like he's healed but he's welcome back for cheap if he is.

word on the street is that Azubuike is getting waived..warriors should bring him back
If he can show the same explosiveness that he had before his knee injury, I would welcome him back. But even D'Antoni said 'Buike isn't his old self anymore.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

If he can show the same explosiveness that he had before his knee injury, I would welcome him back. But even D'Antoni said 'Buike isn't his old self anymore.
I would sign him for the rest of the season at least, what do they got to lose?

If he's able to play, I don't see why not. At best, he can bring us some kick off the bench that we desperately need. And, he probably is at least somewhat familiar with what we do, so it'll be a lesser learning curve...of course, if he's healthy (and it looks like he's not)

No on Azubuike. It was unfortunate what happened to him last year I don't know if he can recover. Has he even played this year?

Money. I'd wait till next season to see if he can still play...Sucks, he had so much potential.

Money. I'd wait till next season to see if he can still play...Sucks, he had so much potential.

they already have enought with muprhy getting released, and it would only be a remainder of the season deal, but only if he was healthy

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Paul, Can You Make me an Avy when you have time?

thanks

0:00-0:07

jumpman in white

1. I'm going to Tahoe and won't be back until the weekend.
2. 5 seconds or less.

[h1]Golden State Warriors notebook: Team still believes it can make playoffs[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Oakland Tribune

Posted: 02/28/2011 07:23:05 PM PST

Updated: 03/01/2011 08:53:19 AM PST

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Warriors chances of making the playoffs for the first time since 2007 are on life support.

The team has 24 games left, including tonight's contest at Indiana. The Warriors sit 51/2 games back from the eighth and final spot in the Western Conference.

"It's not too late to make a playoff run," point guard Stephen Curry said, "but we can't say that much longer. The numbers are stacking up against us."

If the Warriors were in the Eastern Conference, they would enter tonight's game tied for the eighth seed with Indiana, which has the same record (26-32) as Golden State. But in the Western Conference, the Warriors are behind four teams for the eighth spot.

Golden State still has 15 games left on the road, and it will need to win a majority to have a chance for the postseason. Sunday's loss at Minnesota, which has the worst record in the West, didn't inspire a lot of confidence that the Warriors can win on the road.

"Yeah, we can," guard Monta Ellis said when asked if the Warriors could still make the playoffs. "We've got 24 games left. It's going to be tough, but we can do it. We've just got to settle down, stay together as a team. We're all in it together. Just keep our heads up and find a way to win."
[*] The Warriors announced their buyout agreement with forward Troy Murphy. Murphy, who was due $2.5 million for the rest of the season, was acquired Wednesday along with a second-round pick New Jersey. 
[*]
[*]Murphy's contract expires at the end of the season.
Murphy was placed on waivers and can be claimed by any team. If he's not picked up in 48 hours, he becomes a free agent. Murphy, 30, in his 10th season, played his first five-plus seasons with the Warriors.
[*] The Warriors' .813 (13-3) winning percentage when they hold opponents under 100 points is fourth-best in the NBA. "... Last season, Curry was the first rookie in NBA history to shoot at least 45 percent from the field, 40 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the free throw line. Curry is on pace to do it again. He's shooting 48.8 percent from the field, 42.2 percent from 3-point range and 93.3 percent from the line.
I know they it's the right thing to say and they are supposed to say this stuff, but still
30t6p3b.gif

With 24 games left, we need to go something ridiculous like 19-5 or 18-6 to have a chance...which means it's not happening.

either that or a bunch of losses from everyone else

meaning it's probably not likely.

SMH @ the Knicks outright cutting Corey Brewer. Would have loved to have him get minutes in our rotation.

I heard Warriors were about to pull the trigger on a trade involving Curry, and wright to the Lakers for Artest, and Steve Blake.

Glad it didn't happen.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I heard Warriors were about to pull the trigger on a trade involving Curry, and wright to the Lakers for Artest, and Steve Blake.

Glad it didn't happen.
No way. Where was this from? Gotta see the source before I believe that. Lacob and Co. aren't that stupid, at least I hope not.

And
pimp.gif
if the W's get Thornton. When I read he was getting waived I was hoping the Warriors would get him.

Back
Top Bottom