Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

missed the second half because i was dead tired. glad i didn't stay up to watch.

nevertheless,
laugh.gif
at some of you guys still trying to get lin in over law.

b. wright a complete waste. can't say i didn't see it coming since draft day.

My point on playing Lin over Law was about consistent play. 
And ady2glude707, the W's traded J-Rich to get back Troy Murphy, simply to buy out his contract and a 2nd Rd pick.

Yea youre right, just read that.  Looks like hes not gonna suit up for the dubs.

I said it yesterday when it was reported. Saying it again now that it looks like its gonna happen. WHAT THE +@@# IS THE POINT OF THIS TRADE??? Expiring contracts are very valuable in the NBA. You either trade them for players whose values exceed the value of the contract you are trading, or simply let them expire and use the money in free agency. This trade does neither. Doesnt help us now, doesnt make us better in the future.

Not saying wright or gadzuric were good or anything, but we now have two less players on what was already the worst bench in the NBA. Awesome.

Originally Posted by dland24

I said it yesterday when it was reported. Saying it again now that it looks like its gonna happen. WHAT THE +@@# IS THE POINT OF THIS TRADE??? Expiring contracts are very valuable in the NBA. You either trade them for players whose values exceed the value of the contract you are trading, or simply let them expire and use the money in free agency. This trade does neither. Doesnt help us now, doesnt make us better in the future.

Not saying wright or gadzuric were good or anything, but we now have two less players on what was already the worst bench in the NBA. Awesome.

It's been said already, expiring contracts aren't worth anything this year.

Originally Posted by daprescription

I doubt they buy him out. I think he's just going to stay away from the team.
Murphy won
laugh.gif

In another league, someone offered me Blake for Raymond Felton over the AS weekend, accepted it in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Murphy won
laugh.gif
It would be nice for him to play...But if he is going to sit out, might as well let him go now.
And why in the world would the W's have interest in Nate Robinson??

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Murphy won
laugh.gif
It would be nice for him to play...But if he is going to sit out, might as well let him go now.
And why in the world would the W's have interest in Nate Robinson??
^
'cause they hafta maintain the tradition of undersized guards, duh.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Williams to the Nets...possibly another opening in the playoffs for the warriors...

A new owner who just made a big splash landing a star (shot at Lacob). This team isn't going anywhere until Lacob realizes he needs to clean house. This team seems cursed, get rid of everyone from the Don Nelson II era.

Riley can find good talent for cheap (dorrell Wright, Kelena, Tolliver, Morrow, etc.) but he is not a GM. He would be a great scout. He has no idea how to manage money and the salary cap. Look at what he did w/ the J-Rich trade exception we had, nothing, let it expire. He trades 2 expiring contracts for a 2nd Round pick. Our 2012 first round pick for Marcus Williams. The guy can find talent and that it, he cant find talent that will fit w/ the team.

And let Smart go. Go get Van Gundy or something.

I honestly think the ownership will be happy getting the 8th seed and a 1st round sweep. Personally I want a team that can actually contend w/ the big boys.

They'd buy him out because the pro rata of the buy out versus what's remainig to be paid to Gadz and BWright is less.

Lacob wants a 2nd rounder because he's got a man crush on guys like Landry Fields who he wanted but didn't have a pick for.

Though it does smell like a Cohan move

Leave it to the Ws to have assets like expiring deals only to have them the one year theyre useless

What do you expect to get? They would have to trade Curry to land a player that probably wouldn't re-sign. Would a coach really make a difference with this team? Personally, I think Smart is doing a decent job with the team he has.

personally i want them to move Monta. get a legit center who can hold down the paint or a decent sized shooting guard. Monta+expiring could get us something. What we have now on the floor is not a contending team. the team needs to do something

What do you expect to get? They would have to trade Curry to land a player that probably wouldn't re-sign. Would a coach really make a difference with this team? Personally, I think Smart is doing a decent job with the team he has.
Exactly. My only concern is what direction is this team headed in, there is no big picture. I wish Lacob would hire an experienced front office executive but its clear that he wants to run basketball operations.

Oh, and Mullin traded our 1st rd pick for Marcus Williams.

Originally Posted by CJ003

personally i want them to move Monta. get a legit center who can hold down the paint or a decent sized shooting guard. Monta+expiring could get us something. What we have now on the floor is not a contending team. the team needs to do something
where do u come up with this stuff?
laugh.gif
what legit center would u trade for an undersized combo guard?

W's Trade for Murphy, second-rounder not done yet

Read more: W's Trade for Murphy, second-rounder not done yet
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

The trade that would send New Jersey's Troy Murphy and a second-round pick to the Warriors for Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright is not done yet.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)][RELATED:[/color] [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Warriors roster][/color]

It's not dead, either, though.

The two teams have agreed to the deal, but according to sources, the trigger won't be pulled until closer to Thursday's noon deadline -- and only if neither team finds a better deal involving any of the players.
http://
The Nets are reportedly poised to acquire Utah point guard Deron Williams from Utah, but the Warriors-New Jersey deal is separate.

[RELATED: AP Source -- Nets land Williams in 3-team deal]

If the deal goes down, the Warriors will likely buy out Murphy.

The contracts of Gadzuric and Wright expire at the end of this season, and the Warriors are looking at the deal as a way to get a second-round pick -- which would be in 2012 -- for two players who aren't part of the future.

Read more: W's Trade for Murphy, second-rounder not done yet
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Would we be able to flip Murphy for someone else rather than buying him out? The trade is insignificant either way.

I don't think this team needs a big splash type of move. If we wanted to get Deron Williams, we'd probably have to do Curry+Udoh+picks, but we don't have the picks that New Jersey does. And Favors is a much better prospect than Udoh in terms of potential.

sam_amick

Source says Nate Robinson will not be coming to the Warriors. Never discovered the other pieces, but that deal w/ Boston is not going down.

Back
Top Bottom