Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Kaman would probably be the most realistic. I would take any of them, although I don't expect/believe anything will happen.

Aldridge isn't going anywhere...
nerd.gif

Wouldn't mind Kaman...McGee is a bonehead though
30t6p3b.gif

Well with the Nuggets dealing Melo and Billups that probably opens up another spot for the playoffs....

......warriors??

Originally Posted by FullMetal

That new Nuggets team is still looking better than the dubs though

Don't think so. Especially if they ship Nene.

Shipping your superstar demoralizes the team.  Then trying to fit 3 new pieces in with the existing ones and hoping for chemistry to occur within the second half of the season is unlikely.

Edit: Also, couple that with some solid play as of late from the Warriors, if that is continued it could get interesting.

Warriors have a lot of road games upcoming, they're going to have to earn a lot of wins and stay hot (the same way they closed out the season in the We Believe year). It's definitely possible, and it's doable, but there's very little room for error.

Kaman seems like the most realistic. Nene is going to probably come at a steep price...

Nuggets are working on an extension with Nene too. Standing pat for this season and taking a shot at Oden in the offseason makes the most sense. Maybe we can bring in the PHX training staff.

I may be the minority but given what's out there I'd be accepting of the idea of letting the expiring deals expire.

Clear the books, see what the CBA turns into and go from there. Add a new coach to the wish list too.

Having said that, only take on good deals if it means shipping Beans/Monta and not taking back crap and bad contracts.

I'd love us to get Kaman, a decent defender and rebounder who can score.

how long is Smart's contract for?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Apparently Marcus Camby could be moved by Portland....I guess there's another possibility.
Camby said he'd seriously think about just retiring if he gets moved by the deadline so i think that scratches him off the list. 

I really believe we have a GREAT chance of making the playoffs with Denver, most likely dropping and Utah in a major slump.  Memphis lost Rudy Gay for a month, things are looking up for us.

I think if the Warriors continue to play as good as they have been, I believe they can make a run at the 8th spot. I really do hope that Lacob and Reilly pull off a deal that could bolster the bench or maybe move Biedrins for an upgraded center...We'll have to wait and see I guess.

My luck hasn't been good, maybe I can get some good karma and they make the playoffs :/. Wishful thinking, I give them a 1% chance.

Golden State and New Jersey near agreement to trade Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright for Troy Murphy and 2012 second rounder, sources tell Y!
If G-State completes deal for Murphy, it's expected he'll get bought out and become a free agent. Then? Orlando, Dallas, Boston, Miami etc.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Golden State and New Jersey near agreement to trade Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright for Troy Murphy and 2012 second rounder, sources tell Y!
If G-State completes deal for Murphy, it's expected he'll get bought out and become a free agent. Then? Orlando, Dallas, Boston, Miami etc.

Honestly, whats the damn point?  When a team has expiring contracts they do one of two things with them.....trade them to acquire better talent in return or let them expire and use the cap space.  This trade does neither. 

Back
Top Bottom