Official 2010-2011 San Jose Sharks Playoff Thread vs Vancouver Canucks; Vancouver Advances

Originally Posted by daprescription

No defense, no bench, still undersized, and no defense.

Is smart more of a defensive coach? cuz if he's not then the front office should hire a coach and kept him as an assistant.

Who would you guys rather trade between Ellis & Monta ? Biedrins was actually good at a point
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Is smart more of a defensive coach? cuz if he's not then the front office should hire a coach and kept him as an assistant.

Who would you guys rather trade between Ellis & Monta ? Biedrins was actually good at a point
laugh.gif
Not really. I think Smart emphasizes help defense so everyone (except the C and maybe PF) thinks that if they're guarding a guy someone should be behind them for help. They have a tendency to reach a lot and guys get by them pretty easily. They also have to scramble a lot because they switch off screens and jump at pump fakes like crazy.

And for the trade did you mean Monta and Andris? Or maybe Monta and Curry?

It's a real tough call, before the season started we easily would have rather traded Monta over Curry. I think it depends on whoever can net the most value (if we trade one of them).

laugh.gif

monta_ellis.jpg

A lot of people's feelings on Curry has changed from last season to this season. I get that he's regressed from last season to this season, but the way I look at it is that it's his 2nd year in the league and he's playing on a rookie contract. I don't feel the need to trade him right now.

Biedrins was good when Baron Davis was here. I mean, Baron did make Jamaal Magloire an all-star.

I agree Paul, i don't feel we need to trade Curry OR Monta either, unless we get some type of NBA SUPERstar but if i were to trade one, i'd trade Curry.  However, this is only Curry's second year.  I think next year will be the year we find out what type of player he is and if he's a real stud or just a very talented guy but can't take over games.

IMO, Monta is not just a "chucker/scorer" or whatever the majority of people think of him.  Dude has become a real leader and is our heart and soul.  Curry, right now, is just a talented player but doesn't have that same drive.

Biedrins definitely needs to go asap as great of a guy he is and i agree with what most of y'all said.  Udoh needs to start and get more PT to see what we have there.  He's a very composed rookie which is what i like most about him.  He doesn't panic and try to over do things.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i wish we could package wack $#% Reggie Williams for a REAL bench scorer or legit wing defender.

In Reggie's defense, he plays well for the most part when minutes are given...Especially when Curry was out.

I think what we really need right now is a competent 5.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

In Reggie's defense, he plays well for the most part when minutes are given...Especially when Curry was out.

I think what we really need right now is a competent 5.

QFT

I'd be happy with Pryzbilla right about now....

I dont see why you guys would move either Monta or Curry...

It's a undersized backcourt, but at least they stay in front of their men...for the most part.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

laugh.gif

monta_ellis.jpg

laugh.gif
I definitely meant Ellis or Curry..

What centers can Curry+Biedrins get GS? Kaman?

[h2]Udoh starting at C, less time with Curry and Ellis together, and other things the Warriors should consider[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on January 27th, 2011 at 11:06 am | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

* Monta Ellis probably isn’t going to make the All-Star team and a game like last night is a reason why. Great individual talent & fun to watch, but it’s not exactly leading to a slew of victories, particularly on the defensive side.

You can possibly overcome all that and get onto the AS roster from a losing team if you’re a transcendant talent (Blake Griffin), you’re on a NY team (David Lee last year) or putting up ridiculous numbers (Kevin Love). But it’s difficult, and Ellis, while having an admirable season, is not quite in any of those categories, in my opinion.

It’s not entirely his fault. Not even 25% his fault. But if you say he’s clearly more deserving than Manu Ginobili (best player on the league’s best team), Russell Westbrook (excellent two-way player, at point guard, on a very good team) or Deron Williams for one of the reserve guard spots… you would be incorrect on every level.

I know I will get hooted at and scolded for saying this, and absolutely pummeled if he actually does get picked by the West coaches, but the roster situation does not look good for him.

It was telling that SI.com’s NBA writers picked their ASG rosters yesterday, and none had Ellis on it or even mentioned him as a consideration (in brief comments).

Steve Nash and Tim Duncan weren’t mentioned either, and I happen to think the coaches will very much want both on the team. So that’s at least 14 players theoretically ahead of Ellis. There are 12 roster spots.

–I’m leading into this with lots of off-topic stuff, but on the Ellis discussion:

Good interview with Ellis by Yahoo’s Marc Spears, in which Ellis confirms that Larry Riley promised him in 2009 that the Warriors wouldn’t add a guard, then they went ahead and drafted Stephen Curry.

That’s why Ellis was mad back then, and through into the famous 2009 Media Day “can’t, just can’t

We need a 3rd guard in our rotation so Ellis/Curry don't have to play so much. I just used him as an example because apparently he's not getting PT and it would be more realistic. Just something to throw out as to what we could do with our expirings...

Terrible contract. Terrible defender. He wouldn't help us whatsoever. I just don't like his game at all because he is a guard who doesn't move the ball.

We're sitting on gold with these expiring contracts, let's not waste it.

Heard Deron Williams isn't happy in Utah.

Williams + Okur for Curry + Gadz + Vlad + B. Wright (+ first rounder)

If I was Utah, I'm not sure if I'd actually do this trade haha ... But it went through

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

lazy, if you dont mind me asking whered you find the house at?

We stumbled across it over Labor Day weekend. We were going to move into something bigger like a 2 bedroom apt but this worked out well. It's in Concord near the Clayton boarder.
oh wow very nice area. congrats. my ex and i were looking at a place close by in pittsburg, but unfortunately her and i did not last. congrats again lazy.

Back
Top Bottom