OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Either way, as %+$##% as it is that another star is leaving his team, I'm happy to see Melo out of the West, dude gave us FITS.

Also, all the stars are in the East now really except for Kobe & Durant.

Bron, Rose, Wade, Dwight, now Melo? That's a Team USA starting five right there.
sick.gif

Deron and CP3 are still great, but damn.

The Nets are so far down the standings there's no way they can make a run at the playoffs. Even in the East.
laugh.gif

The Nets are so far down the standings there's no way they can make a run at the playoffs. Even in the East.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

Either next game or the following, Dirk will pass Clyde for 22nd all-time in scoring, a remarkable 120 games fewer than Glide.

Also, sometime in March, Kobe will pass the great Elvin Hayes, and probably before the end of the year, pass Moses for 6th.
pimp.gif

Kobe should pass by Shaq sometime next year as well, for 5th, after that it's a long-haul.
laugh.gif
 He's less then 200 points behind Moses, as in it'll be 8 games or so before he's in 6th.  No probably about it. 

As for passing Shaq, only if there is a season next year. 

Osh, your thoughts on D Rose now? 
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Shut up man, I was tired last night, I couldn't do any kind of math.
roll.gif

I wonder if Dirk will ever catch KG? If he gets hurt again it's very possible, but they both should retire around the same time. KG has been in the game longer, but Dirk plays year-round.

He's about 800 points behind or so.  If KG retires soon, then obviously Dirk passes him, but if they play each year for a while, that makes it harder of course.  Still though, if no lock out occurs, and KG goes 2 more years, I think Dirk gets by him by the end of that second year, maybe 3rd, provided Dirk stays healthy. 

SCuse, imo the Bron MVP thing that hinders him is Wade and Bosh.  They always said Shaq and Kobe took votes away from each other, I don't see how this isn't similar.  When Bron is doing 26 7 and 7, and Wade is doing 25, 7 and 4 and their PER is off by 1.5, Bron is having a better year, but Wade isn't exactly a bum out there.  Rose is CARRYING that squad.  I know people hate the take off player X, etc etc, but no Bron, Wade and Bosh still have the Heat as a solid team.  Take Rose off the Bulls.........
sick.gif

But, I admit, the MVP voting process is BS anyways, so I never know what the hell they're gonna do. 

Either next game or the following, Dirk will pass Clyde for 22nd all-time in scoring, a remarkable 120 games fewer than Glide.

Also, sometime in March, Kobe will pass the great Elvin Hayes, and probably before the end of the year, pass Moses for 6th.
pimp.gif

Kobe should pass by Shaq sometime next year as well, for 5th, after that it's a long-haul.
laugh.gif
 He's less then 200 points behind Moses, as in it'll be 8 games or so before he's in 6th.  No probably about it. 

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Shut up man, I was tired last night, I couldn't do any kind of math.
roll.gif

I wonder if Dirk will ever catch KG? If he gets hurt again it's very possible, but they both should retire around the same time. KG has been in the game longer, but Dirk plays year-round.

He's about 800 points behind or so.  If KG retires soon, then obviously Dirk passes him, but if they play each year for a while, that makes it harder of course.  Still though, if no lock out occurs, and KG goes 2 more years, I think Dirk gets by him by the end of that second year, maybe 3rd, provided Dirk stays healthy. 

SCuse, imo the Bron MVP thing that hinders him is Wade and Bosh.  They always said Shaq and Kobe took votes away from each other, I don't see how this isn't similar.  When Bron is doing 26 7 and 7, and Wade is doing 25, 7 and 4 and their PER is off by 1.5, Bron is having a better year, but Wade isn't exactly a bum out there.  Rose is CARRYING that squad.  I know people hate the take off player X, etc etc, but no Bron, Wade and Bosh still have the Heat as a solid team.  Take Rose off the Bulls.........
sick.gif

But, I admit, the MVP voting process is BS anyways, so I never know what the hell they're gonna do. 

Originally Posted by SCuse7

But will D Rose get MVP because people give LeBron the Jordan treatment and are sick of him winning it?

With all his negative pub this year I could see it going to someone else

Right now I'd say Rose is the MVP and not because people are sick of LeBron and mad because he took "the easy way out"  but because he deserved it.

Rose has been balling all season.

Going back to Melo situation I find it funny that Broussard was the main one spearheaded all the Melo trade rumors this week but wasn't the one to break the potential trade.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

But will D Rose get MVP because people give LeBron the Jordan treatment and are sick of him winning it?

With all his negative pub this year I could see it going to someone else

Right now I'd say Rose is the MVP and not because people are sick of LeBron and mad because he took "the easy way out"  but because he deserved it.

Rose has been balling all season.

Going back to Melo situation I find it funny that Broussard was the main one spearheaded all the Melo trade rumors this week but wasn't the one to break the potential trade.

Broussard is just full of %%%% . Everyone was trying to give him credit for the Miami thing when Screamin Stephen A. called it weeks before. Dude is a tool.

Broussard is just full of %%%% . Everyone was trying to give him credit for the Miami thing when Screamin Stephen A. called it weeks before. Dude is a tool.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

He's improved greatly this year getting to the line more, overall more effective, doesn't gaurd anyone but who cares he's a top 5 point guard

With all that said if Lebron James is the MVP and it's not particularly close, if rose were to win he would the worst MVP since Allen Iverson or Billy Cunningham.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

He's improved greatly this year getting to the line more, overall more effective, doesn't gaurd anyone but who cares he's a top 5 point guard

With all that said if Lebron James is the MVP and it's not particularly close, if rose were to win he would the worst MVP since Allen Iverson or Billy Cunningham.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

CP1708 wrote:
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  You have some weird views on MVP man.  I'm far from an Iverson fan, but even I wasn't upset with that one. 

Rose is getting this provided the Bulls don't go into the tank or he gets hurt. 

CP1708 wrote:
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  You have some weird views on MVP man.  I'm far from an Iverson fan, but even I wasn't upset with that one. 

Rose is getting this provided the Bulls don't go into the tank or he gets hurt. 

I'll preface this by saying I despise the Bulls and their fans but I have been proven wrong about Rose and I enjoy watching him play as much as I can.

But there's no way right now he's MVP over LeBron. I'd have him probably either tied or slightly ahead of D12 right now with Wade rounding out the 4.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

You outta pocket with this one...

I'll preface this by saying I despise the Bulls and their fans but I have been proven wrong about Rose and I enjoy watching him play as much as I can.

But there's no way right now he's MVP over LeBron. I'd have him probably either tied or slightly ahead of D12 right now with Wade rounding out the 4.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

pimp.gif

You outta pocket with this one...

[h3]Kahn Believes 'Rebuilding' Phase Now Complete[/h3]
Feb 17, 2011 18:47 PM EST

Kahn_David_min_090521.jpg

David Kahn had an interesting comment to the Star Tribune's Jerry Zgoda on Thursday.

"There is no more rebuilding," said Kahn. "There are no more wholesale changes. I like a lot of players on the team."

Minnesota currently has a 13-43 record, which gives them the worst winning percentage in the Western Conference. They rank 24th in points scored per 100 possessions and 28th in points allowed per 1000 possessions.

Via Jerry Zgoda/Star Tribune (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s_Rebuilding_Phase_Now_Complete#ixzz1ELFmddoJ

grin.gif
They don't even have Ricky yet tho.

[h3]Kahn Believes 'Rebuilding' Phase Now Complete[/h3]
Feb 17, 2011 18:47 PM EST

Kahn_David_min_090521.jpg

David Kahn had an interesting comment to the Star Tribune's Jerry Zgoda on Thursday.

"There is no more rebuilding," said Kahn. "There are no more wholesale changes. I like a lot of players on the team."

Minnesota currently has a 13-43 record, which gives them the worst winning percentage in the Western Conference. They rank 24th in points scored per 100 possessions and 28th in points allowed per 1000 possessions.

Via Jerry Zgoda/Star Tribune (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s_Rebuilding_Phase_Now_Complete#ixzz1ELFmddoJ

grin.gif
They don't even have Ricky yet tho.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I disagree. I think Rose deserves the MVP. The Bulls have had their 2/3rd best player out for most of the season and their only 2 games behind the heat. I dont think you can give the award to Lebron because in all honesty Miami is underachieving now (they should not have lost 16 games in the first half imo) and the Bulls are overachieving. I think they are as big of a threat to the Celtics as the Heat can be. Orlando shouldnt even be in the picture.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I disagree. I think Rose deserves the MVP. The Bulls have had their 2/3rd best player out for most of the season and their only 2 games behind the heat. I dont think you can give the award to Lebron because in all honesty Miami is underachieving now (they should not have lost 16 games in the first half imo) and the Bulls are overachieving. I think they are as big of a threat to the Celtics as the Heat can be. Orlando shouldnt even be in the picture.

Bet if I go check Twitter Ima find Simmons with a Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn tweet right about now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@#$% is that dude talkin about?  Complete?  Complete what, failure? 
ohwell.gif
  He got some nice pieces, but they long ways away from complete. 

Bet if I go check Twitter Ima find Simmons with a Kaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnn tweet right about now. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@#$% is that dude talkin about?  Complete?  Complete what, failure? 
ohwell.gif
  He got some nice pieces, but they long ways away from complete. 

Proshares wrote:

You'd have Lebron, with Wade in 4th????  But no way Rose can be "thee" MVP when he won't have a teammate even receive a vote? 
ohwell.gif

Proshares wrote:

You'd have Lebron, with Wade in 4th????  But no way Rose can be "thee" MVP when he won't have a teammate even receive a vote? 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom