OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Dozen among finalists for Hall of Fame[/h1]www.ESPN.com

Five former NBA All-Stars -- Chris Mullin, Maurice Cheeks, Ralph Sampson, Jamaal Wilkes and Dennis Rodman-- are among the 12-person list of finalists for the basketball Hall of Fame, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced Friday.

They are joined on the North American Screening Committee's list by coaches Herb Magee (the all-time NCAA wins leader), NBA coaches **** Motta and Tex Winter, contributor Al Attles and referee Hank Nichols. The Women's Screening Committee list includes five-time U.S. Olympian Teresa Edwards and Stanford (and former U.S. national team) coach Tara VanDerveer.

The inductees will be announced April 4 in conjunction with the NCAA Final Four in Houston.They will be joined by one person elected by the ABA and Early African-American Pioneers committees. The induction ceremony is at the hall in Springfield, Mass., from Aug. 11-13.

Mullen was a five-time NBA All-Star after a standout career at St. John's. Cheeks played in four All-Star games and won an NBA title for the Philadelphia 76ers.

Sampson was a three-time NCAA player of the year at Virginia and enjoyed an all-star career with the Houston Rockets. Wilkes won two national titles at UCLA and then added four more with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Rodman won five NBA titles and is one of the game's top rebounders -- and most eccentric characters.

Magee has won more than 900 games at NCAA Division II Philadelphia University, while Motta was the 1971 NBA coach of the year and won more than 1,000 games at nearly every level. Winter has been a coach since 1947, most famously as an assistant to Phil Jackson with both the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers. He is credited with creating the triangle offense.

Nichols worked six NCAA title games as an official, plus two Olympic games. Attles has been involved in the NBA for more than 50 years with the Golden State Warriors as a player, player-coach, coach, general manager, vice president and consultant.

Edwards, an All-American at Georgia, won four gold medals in the Olympics for the U.S. VanDerveer started at Stanford in 1978 and has won two NCAA titles and the 1996 Olympic gold medal.

Link

Proshares wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
And when Bron takes nights to chill while Wade goes for 30+ (17 times so far), Rose gets that same luxury, when? 
nerd.gif

Hell, Wade got more 30's then Bron does. 
laugh.gif
  You think Rose gets to take a few nights off, let someone else go handle the work for him? 

laugh.gif
 And what are Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Eddie House and the rest of those dregs giving you?  It's different situations on both teams.  Rose has an off night, that swarming defense is usually on point.  Rose never takes nights off from taking shots.  If he's off, it's sometimes his own fault for others not getting into it as much because he's still taking a good amount of shots.  Granted, when he does pass of a lot of the time shots are missed.
And if Bron has an off night, the Heat defense hasn't been on point? 

Bron has on off night, Wade and Bosh can do work. 

Rose has on "off" night, the Bulls don't win generally.   

Bron/Wade/Bosh from jump everyone expected them to be good, and they have been good, NOBODY expected the Bulls to be in the same reach as the Heat and Celtics, and even if someone did think they would be there, they didn't expect it with Boozer missing half the games, coming back, and Noah missing the other half.  If Booz and Noah were healthy of every single game, I could understand downplaying Rose a lil bit.  I could.  But that hasn't been the case.  This kid has carried this team to within a game or 2 of the two elite teams in the East, without his 2 sidekicks for half the games each.  The Heat are crying because Udonis Haslem has been out, and Mike Miller who looks like one of the worst signings of the off season so far.  (though he does have time to get right)

Bron is going to have the better stats.  Bron is the better player, but that isn't most valuable.  At least by the terms of the voters the past 10 years.  Nash wasn't "better" then Kobe, and he got MVP, so I don't see why now we're gonna turn it around and say well Bron is the better player, so he gets it.  Nash had variables that made him the MVP, then Rose should get the same variables, otherwise, the voters are @#$%^&* idiots. 

Proshares wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
And when Bron takes nights to chill while Wade goes for 30+ (17 times so far), Rose gets that same luxury, when? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
  You think Rose gets to take a few nights off, let someone else go handle the work for him? 

laugh.gif
 And what are Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Eddie House and the rest of those dregs giving you?  It's different situations on both teams.  Rose has an off night, that swarming defense is usually on point.  Rose never takes nights off from taking shots.  If he's off, it's sometimes his own fault for others not getting into it as much because he's still taking a good amount of shots.  Granted, when he does pass of a lot of the time shots are missed.

Bron/Wade/Bosh from jump everyone expected them to be good, and they have been good, NOBODY expected the Bulls to be in the same reach as the Heat and Celtics, and even if someone did think they would be there, they didn't expect it with Boozer missing half the games, coming back, and Noah missing the other half.  If Booz and Noah were healthy of every single game, I could understand downplaying Rose a lil bit.  I could.  But that hasn't been the case.  This kid has carried this team to within a game or 2 of the two elite teams in the East, without his 2 sidekicks for half the games each.  The Heat are crying because Udonis Haslem has been out, and Mike Miller who looks like one of the worst signings of the off season so far.  (though he does have time to get right)

Bron is going to have the better stats.  Bron is the better player, but that isn't most valuable.  At least by the terms of the voters the past 10 years.  Nash wasn't "better" then Kobe, and he got MVP, so I don't see why now we're gonna turn it around and say well Bron is the better player, so he gets it.  Nash had variables that made him the MVP, then Rose should get the same variables, otherwise, the voters are @#$%^&* idiots. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Proshares wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

CP3 got robbed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Proshares wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

CP3 got robbed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Also, the argument could be made that bron has been the best defensive player this year.
I don't know about that one. Better than Dwight and KG?
I know right come on. He's good but no way has he been as great as D12 and the ball puncher on defense.

Originally Posted by JD617

Also, the argument could be made that bron has been the best defensive player this year.
I don't know about that one. Better than Dwight and KG?
I know right come on. He's good but no way has he been as great as D12 and the ball puncher on defense.

Bigmike23 wrote:
so is russy still better then Drose?
laugh.gif
  at least with that one, you can TRY to make a semi decent argument.

My favorite was people trying to write Rose off last year when his ankle was busted. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Pretty interesting about Reggie.  I wonder if Juan was right and he and Ray don't belong, OR, if they vote Ray in first ballot, are they putting weight behind winning.  I'll be interested when Ray comes up, see how that vote goes down.  This Reggie argument could very well lead us to the "hall of elite" like we did with MLB a few years back.  We have Simmons askin about Manu, Juan brought up Lamar Odom, guys that are solid, have great 12-15 year careers/numbers, but were never top of the line at their positions at any point.  Sort of a weird time for these type players. 

Bigmike23 wrote:
so is russy still better then Drose?
laugh.gif
  at least with that one, you can TRY to make a semi decent argument.

My favorite was people trying to write Rose off last year when his ankle was busted. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Pretty interesting about Reggie.  I wonder if Juan was right and he and Ray don't belong, OR, if they vote Ray in first ballot, are they putting weight behind winning.  I'll be interested when Ray comes up, see how that vote goes down.  This Reggie argument could very well lead us to the "hall of elite" like we did with MLB a few years back.  We have Simmons askin about Manu, Juan brought up Lamar Odom, guys that are solid, have great 12-15 year careers/numbers, but were never top of the line at their positions at any point.  Sort of a weird time for these type players. 

LO, eh. I don't see him as. Manu I do for having an illustrious international career as well.

Ray, as Reggie, should be first-ballots. Reggie is in top 15 in scoring ever, how is that not first-ballot material? Including one of the best shooters ever? One of the clutchest players ever?

And Russy being better than Rose..
grin.gif

Said from the beginning, ain't no way I take Russ over Rose.

LO, eh. I don't see him as. Manu I do for having an illustrious international career as well.

Ray, as Reggie, should be first-ballots. Reggie is in top 15 in scoring ever, how is that not first-ballot material? Including one of the best shooters ever? One of the clutchest players ever?

And Russy being better than Rose..
grin.gif

Said from the beginning, ain't no way I take Russ over Rose.

if they vote Ray in first ballot, are they putting weight behind winning
  im not sure whos career record is better

but before boston would you call ray a "winner"? 3 years on a top team would make him a winner now?

but before boston would you call ray a "winner"? 3 years on a top team would make him a winner now?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

No, that's why I'm wondering.  If the media puts Ray in first ballot, is it not simply because of 1 ring?  (unless he wins another) 

See what I'm sayin?  If they hold Ray off the first ballot as well, then ok, they're going by the player only, and not on winning.  It's why I'm interested to see how they play this. 

I also hate this first ballot crap.  You either are a HOF, or not.  Reggie ain't hittin anymore jumpers so why would he get in on ballot 2, but not ballot 1?  I hate that @#$%.  Unless they just do that for the true elites, and then the really good ones get in 2nd ballot or something like that. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

No, that's why I'm wondering.  If the media puts Ray in first ballot, is it not simply because of 1 ring?  (unless he wins another) 

See what I'm sayin?  If they hold Ray off the first ballot as well, then ok, they're going by the player only, and not on winning.  It's why I'm interested to see how they play this. 

I also hate this first ballot crap.  You either are a HOF, or not.  Reggie ain't hittin anymore jumpers so why would he get in on ballot 2, but not ballot 1?  I hate that @#$%.  Unless they just do that for the true elites, and then the really good ones get in 2nd ballot or something like that. 

Proshares wrote:
I'll address you Tuesday CP, I'm out for the weekend
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I'll bump that @#$% Tuesday if I don't see you right away, don't disappear after I dropped that knowledge for you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Proshares wrote:
I'll address you Tuesday CP, I'm out for the weekend
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I'll bump that @#$% Tuesday if I don't see you right away, don't disappear after I dropped that knowledge for you.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom