OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

But he won't sign a contractwith anybody else? Don't buy it.

If I'm a GM I'm not about to give up the farm to get the dude just to call his bluff and find out though. A guarantee is needed.

If I'm a GM I'm not about to give up the farm to get the dude just to call his bluff and find out though. A guarantee is needed.

The same thing went on with Amare the year before last.
I remember the deal involving Rudy, Conley, Warrick and our 2009 draft pick. Two reasons it didn't get done was because they wanted too much and Amare wouldn't guarentee an extension. No team wants an all-star caliber player for rent. 

Its almost worst for a team like Chicago and Orlando that may give up significant pieces to get him than even a lottery bound team. So, I'm sure Melo will get what he wants. If Denver won't cooperate, they will just be left with nothing.

The same thing went on with Amare the year before last.
I remember the deal involving Rudy, Conley, Warrick and our 2009 draft pick. Two reasons it didn't get done was because they wanted too much and Amare wouldn't guarentee an extension. No team wants an all-star caliber player for rent. 

Its almost worst for a team like Chicago and Orlando that may give up significant pieces to get him than even a lottery bound team. So, I'm sure Melo will get what he wants. If Denver won't cooperate, they will just be left with nothing.

Clippers getting ANNIHILATED early.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Define giving up the farm... I don't think you have to do that to compete with a Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph and picks offer from the Knicks...

Of course he wouldn't sign a deal to go to Memphis. Nobody would. But I don't believe if you put him in a situation like Chicago or Dallas or San Antonio that he'd be completely dismissive of signing  an extension.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Define giving up the farm... I don't think you have to do that to compete with a Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph and picks offer from the Knicks...

Of course he wouldn't sign a deal to go to Memphis. Nobody would. But I don't believe if you put him in a situation like Chicago or Dallas or San Antonio that he'd be completely dismissive of signing  an extension.

are those 3 teams or Orlando offering anything that's really better than the Knicks, though?

depends on what the Nuggets want, I guess. some young players and some cap space vs pure cap space (say a Vince Carter dump or Caron Butler/Stevenson cap deal)

He already let New Jersey know what the deal was and they backed away. It might not just be the Knicks he'll re-up with, but the list can't be very long.

are those 3 teams or Orlando offering anything that's really better than the Knicks, though?

depends on what the Nuggets want, I guess. some young players and some cap space vs pure cap space (say a Vince Carter dump or Caron Butler/Stevenson cap deal)

He already let New Jersey know what the deal was and they backed away. It might not just be the Knicks he'll re-up with, but the list can't be very long.

Idk what's so hard to understand.

Yes, Denver can trade Melo wherever they want.

But...

Will another team make the trade knowing this can only be a 5 month thing then he leaves in the offseason ? No.

Idk what's so hard to understand.

Yes, Denver can trade Melo wherever they want.

But...

Will another team make the trade knowing this can only be a 5 month thing then he leaves in the offseason ? No.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
JapanAir21 wrote:
Bill Simmons writes an article how Derrick Rose isn't an elite player, and they go up against the defending NBA champions and he torches them.
roll.gif

29/5/9.
pimp.gif
He took 25 shots only getting to the free throw line 4 times.

that validates everything he said, he's a very good point guard but still not elite till he can find a way to score more efficiently.

So Derrick Rose isn't an elite player because daddy says so? 
grin.gif

You two need to start actually watching basketball.  No, for reals. 

Rose was too much last night.  I know he was totally "inefficient" what with his one shot below 50% for the game and all, but I'll go out on a limb and say that's pretty solid.  Getting 2 or 3 extra free throws is meaningless to the actual game but apparently means everything to his per values. 
eyes.gif

1. Don't start with me and that lame "watch basketball argument" It's tired and it's lame.

2. Did I say he was bad? No he was very very good, DERRICK ROSE IS A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER. I just don't think he's quite there with CP3, D-Will, Rondo, Nash or Russy. Plus he's not a very good defender. He's very close but not quite there.

So stop with watch the game, I watched the game and guess what I still disagree with you so what ever.
laugh.gif

Again with the FG%, it's lame, it's a weak statistic that doesn't take all the other ways you can score.  Kevin Love shoots 44% from the feild, he still is ultimatley more efficient, he turns the ball over less, shoots more FTA, and makes more threes.

You didn't watch @#$%.  If you watched his games you wouldn't come up in this @#$%^&^%$#@$ spoutin off about he don't shoot enough free throws. 
grin.gif
  You read that garbage off your stupid site that claims all their stuff is on point.  It's all subjective.  A guy gets a 5 footer in the paint by himself, or a guy takes a 5 footer by himself with 1 on the shot clock, or a guy takes a 5 footer with 3 men lunging for him, they're all vastly different 5 footers, all marked down as simply, 5 footers.  No shots, passes or rebounds are the same, regardless of the situation.  Just because people say that numbers are without bias, don't mean that there isn't a bias mixed in the numbers.  There's ZERO way to account for minutes they play, or injuries they deal with, any of that.  Pau plays great when he has a few days rest, like garbage when heplays in back to backs, or 3 games in 4 nights.  All the stats still count the same no matter how they get sliced up. 

Rose is right there on elite.  Better then CP3, or DWill, maybe not, but better then Rondo?  You God damn right he is.  Rondo can't hit a shot in a gym by himself from 8 feet, and you wanna talk about someone like him being better then D-Rose?  And I LIKE Rondo.  But his game is not as well rounded as Rose is.  PERIOD,  Nash and Westbrook are up there too, that's great, that just means there are a lot of PG's right now doin major work, and Rose can match ANY of them on a given night.  And oh by the way, look how much his shot is improving from just 6 months ago.  Can he shoot like Nash?  No, certainly not, but has he not shown greater range this season?  Bet your @#$ he has.  Oh wait, I bet you can make up a number somewhere that says that's not true right?  YOu can say something like he shoots 17% from 18 feet on the right side on Tuesday's, therefore, he's a lowsy shooter.  But Rondo is a 64% shooter from the same exact spot off one leg with the shot clock running out, something "more accurate" like that? 
eyes.gif

I don't care if Will, Paul, Rondo, Nash, and Russ get considered better then Rose, fine, no prob, but that doesn't make Rose "Not elite"  And at the very least, headed that exact direction with every passing day. 

You can make up all the BS stats you want, they're very pretty to look at, but they mean exactly squat when considering the circumstances that players deal with each and every single game they play.  You act like Rose not getting to the free throw line doesn't result from an outside source.  Like he doesn't ever get fouled, and maybe a ref misses it.  Or at the end of games when trying to ice a game, the ball goes to someone else and not Rose.  Nash gets TONS of free throws icing games, what the @#$% does that have to do with him being elite during a game in the first 47 and a half minutes? 
sick.gif

It's @#$%^& stupid arguing this all the God damn time.  They have a measure, great, thas fine, but stop acting like those damn numbers determine a players place in the game.  He's a top tier young player in the game.  Top 10-15-20, I dunno, but I'm pretty sure there aren't 15-20 guys in the NBA that the Bulls would trade him for.  Now if you consider elite to only mean top 5 players, that's one thing, and that's a debate, but to say he isn't a very very very good PG like you imply with your free throw argument is just stupid.  Lame, tired, etc etc, blah blah. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by CP1708

Osh Kosh Bosh wrote:
JapanAir21 wrote:
Bill Simmons writes an article how Derrick Rose isn't an elite player, and they go up against the defending NBA champions and he torches them.
roll.gif

29/5/9.
pimp.gif
He took 25 shots only getting to the free throw line 4 times.

that validates everything he said, he's a very good point guard but still not elite till he can find a way to score more efficiently.

So Derrick Rose isn't an elite player because daddy says so? 
grin.gif

You two need to start actually watching basketball.  No, for reals. 

Rose was too much last night.  I know he was totally "inefficient" what with his one shot below 50% for the game and all, but I'll go out on a limb and say that's pretty solid.  Getting 2 or 3 extra free throws is meaningless to the actual game but apparently means everything to his per values. 
eyes.gif

1. Don't start with me and that lame "watch basketball argument" It's tired and it's lame.

2. Did I say he was bad? No he was very very good, DERRICK ROSE IS A VERY GOOD BASKETBALL PLAYER. I just don't think he's quite there with CP3, D-Will, Rondo, Nash or Russy. Plus he's not a very good defender. He's very close but not quite there.

So stop with watch the game, I watched the game and guess what I still disagree with you so what ever.
laugh.gif

Again with the FG%, it's lame, it's a weak statistic that doesn't take all the other ways you can score.  Kevin Love shoots 44% from the feild, he still is ultimatley more efficient, he turns the ball over less, shoots more FTA, and makes more threes.

You didn't watch @#$%.  If you watched his games you wouldn't come up in this @#$%^&^%$#@$ spoutin off about he don't shoot enough free throws. 
grin.gif
  You read that garbage off your stupid site that claims all their stuff is on point.  It's all subjective.  A guy gets a 5 footer in the paint by himself, or a guy takes a 5 footer by himself with 1 on the shot clock, or a guy takes a 5 footer with 3 men lunging for him, they're all vastly different 5 footers, all marked down as simply, 5 footers.  No shots, passes or rebounds are the same, regardless of the situation.  Just because people say that numbers are without bias, don't mean that there isn't a bias mixed in the numbers.  There's ZERO way to account for minutes they play, or injuries they deal with, any of that.  Pau plays great when he has a few days rest, like garbage when heplays in back to backs, or 3 games in 4 nights.  All the stats still count the same no matter how they get sliced up. 

Rose is right there on elite.  Better then CP3, or DWill, maybe not, but better then Rondo?  You God damn right he is.  Rondo can't hit a shot in a gym by himself from 8 feet, and you wanna talk about someone like him being better then D-Rose?  And I LIKE Rondo.  But his game is not as well rounded as Rose is.  PERIOD,  Nash and Westbrook are up there too, that's great, that just means there are a lot of PG's right now doin major work, and Rose can match ANY of them on a given night.  And oh by the way, look how much his shot is improving from just 6 months ago.  Can he shoot like Nash?  No, certainly not, but has he not shown greater range this season?  Bet your @#$ he has.  Oh wait, I bet you can make up a number somewhere that says that's not true right?  YOu can say something like he shoots 17% from 18 feet on the right side on Tuesday's, therefore, he's a lowsy shooter.  But Rondo is a 64% shooter from the same exact spot off one leg with the shot clock running out, something "more accurate" like that? 
eyes.gif

I don't care if Will, Paul, Rondo, Nash, and Russ get considered better then Rose, fine, no prob, but that doesn't make Rose "Not elite"  And at the very least, headed that exact direction with every passing day. 

You can make up all the BS stats you want, they're very pretty to look at, but they mean exactly squat when considering the circumstances that players deal with each and every single game they play.  You act like Rose not getting to the free throw line doesn't result from an outside source.  Like he doesn't ever get fouled, and maybe a ref misses it.  Or at the end of games when trying to ice a game, the ball goes to someone else and not Rose.  Nash gets TONS of free throws icing games, what the @#$% does that have to do with him being elite during a game in the first 47 and a half minutes? 
sick.gif

It's @#$%^& stupid arguing this all the God damn time.  They have a measure, great, thas fine, but stop acting like those damn numbers determine a players place in the game.  He's a top tier young player in the game.  Top 10-15-20, I dunno, but I'm pretty sure there aren't 15-20 guys in the NBA that the Bulls would trade him for.  Now if you consider elite to only mean top 5 players, that's one thing, and that's a debate, but to say he isn't a very very very good PG like you imply with your free throw argument is just stupid.  Lame, tired, etc etc, blah blah. 

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

sick.gif
at the Mavs streak right now. They've been looking impressive.
...... Then they lose to the Lakers in the playoffs.
ohwell.gif
They never lost to the Lakers in the Playoffs.

Just clarifying.

Teams they've lost to are the Heat, Suns, Spurs, Kings, Hornets, Warriors.

In recent history, I'm pretty sure that's the short list.

Carmelo Anthony would be nice, and he'd be a definite upgrade @ SF, but I don't know how he'd mesh with our team right now.

There would be an adjustment period, and I don't how keen he'd be on opening up to that and signing an extension.

Giving up Butler/Stevenson/picks would be ideal, since I don't know if Caron would re-sign with us.

If we did get Melo, it'd keep Tyson Chandler in town for sure. A team around Kidd, Melo, Dirk, and Chandler with our supporting cast being JET, Marion, Beaubois, and Haywood?

Yikes.

sick.gif
ohwell.gif

Just clarifying.

Carmelo Anthony would be nice, and he'd be a definite upgrade @ SF, but I don't know how he'd mesh with our team right now.

There would be an adjustment period, and I don't how keen he'd be on opening up to that and signing an extension.

Giving up Butler/Stevenson/picks would be ideal, since I don't know if Caron would re-sign with us.

If we did get Melo, it'd keep Tyson Chandler in town for sure. A team around Kidd, Melo, Dirk, and Chandler with our supporting cast being JET, Marion, Beaubois, and Haywood?

Yikes.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

sick.gif
ohwell.gif

Just clarifying.

Yikes.
You realize that's a pipe dream right?

If Denver's FO is stupid enough to trade away Carmelo for a Butler/Stevenson/picks package they should all be institutionalized.

No chance he ends up in Dallas. None.

Back
Top Bottom