OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Every December is fun/lite for you guys. 

It's May that you guys suck in, 10 years runnin. 
laugh.gif

We've made it to the Finals once, and made it to the WCF a few times in those ten years.

No, we never closed it out, but, say what you will.

Our losses in 07/08 put a bad stamp on our recent history, since people only care about what happened yesterday.

laugh.gif

We've made it to the Finals once, and made it to the WCF a few times in those ten years.

Our losses in 07/08 put a bad stamp on our recent history, since people only care about what happened yesterday.

Agreed, the Whistle stole that series, but at some point, you're up 2 games, big lead in game 3, I doubt the refs plan all along was to let the Mavs get a huge lead in the series.  At some point, Dirk needed to take that series over, just as he did against the Spurs.  They all gagged. 

96 free throws for one guy is too damn much, but sometimes you just have to win despite the damn refs.  Has to happen. 
I don't even think about it anymore. Nothing is going to change what happened. In the books, it's written as an L for the Mavericks.

Yes, Wade got treatment like no one has ever seen in those Finals games, but, we COULD have overcame adversity and won. We didn't. It's going to haunt us forever, but, that's why we have to stay hungry.

I just once want to buy the Finals DVD they offer after the NBA Finals for the Mavericks.

Just once in my lifetime. It'll be even sweeter if the best player in their franchise was the one who won it for them, but it's probably not going to work out that way.

DBD....
roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed, the Whistle stole that series, but at some point, you're up 2 games, big lead in game 3, I doubt the refs plan all along was to let the Mavs get a huge lead in the series.  At some point, Dirk needed to take that series over, just as he did against the Spurs.  They all gagged. 

96 free throws for one guy is too damn much, but sometimes you just have to win despite the damn refs.  Has to happen. 
I don't even think about it anymore. Nothing is going to change what happened. In the books, it's written as an L for the Mavericks.

Yes, Wade got treatment like no one has ever seen in those Finals games, but, we COULD have overcame adversity and won. We didn't. It's going to haunt us forever, but, that's why we have to stay hungry.

I just once want to buy the Finals DVD they offer after the NBA Finals for the Mavericks.

Just once in my lifetime. It'll be even sweeter if the best player in their franchise was the one who won it for them, but it's probably not going to work out that way.

DBD....
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif

You think this is my first day on the job or something?  I didn't say April, I said May, April is first round 07/08, MAY is all them other years you guys get worked over.  I ain't stupid. 

laugh.gif

You think this is my first day on the job or something?  I didn't say April, I said May, April is first round 07/08, MAY is all them other years you guys get worked over.  I ain't stupid. 

Just once in my lifetime.
Just be thankful for what you got man
eyes.gif
tired.gif

Just once in my lifetime.
Just be thankful for what you got man
eyes.gif
tired.gif

ehhh i'm kind of with you jpz but i dunno. coming so close is almost just as bad as not making the playoffs for half a decade

at least with the knicks most of the time we lose to MJ. no shame in losing to the best player on the planet who had the better team. only one that irks me is starks doing you know what. but with the mavs they lost to sub-par competition sometimes and got robbed in the worst way imaginable

then again i feel like texas cares more about football and they have had amazing success with that. i dunno...

ummmm is darko actually balling. because that makes me sick to my stomach. hate dontoni with a passion even on a win streak.

ehhh i'm kind of with you jpz but i dunno. coming so close is almost just as bad as not making the playoffs for half a decade

at least with the knicks most of the time we lose to MJ. no shame in losing to the best player on the planet who had the better team. only one that irks me is starks doing you know what. but with the mavs they lost to sub-par competition sometimes and got robbed in the worst way imaginable

then again i feel like texas cares more about football and they have had amazing success with that. i dunno...

ummmm is darko actually balling. because that makes me sick to my stomach. hate dontoni with a passion even on a win streak.

Nah, winning 2 and a 3/4 games, and then getting it taken away from you is straight HEARTBREAKING.

Losing isn't great, but still, having your heartbroken is worse.

It's like the difference between being a virgin, and having your heart broken by your first love.

And DubA, just a heads up, I'm like the only Mavs fan here who isn't from Texas (I'm from California).

Why Artest?
nerd.gif

Nah, winning 2 and a 3/4 games, and then getting it taken away from you is straight HEARTBREAKING.

Losing isn't great, but still, having your heartbroken is worse.

It's like the difference between being a virgin, and having your heart broken by your first love.

And DubA, just a heads up, I'm like the only Mavs fan here who isn't from Texas (I'm from California).

Why Artest?
nerd.gif

Words can not descraibe how dope it is to see your team win it all.
Also to be in the CITY at that time (no LA) man just good times.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

I just want one more for old times sake.
embarassed.gif

Words can not descraibe how dope it is to see your team win it all.
Also to be in the CITY at that time (no LA) man just good times.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

I just want one more for old times sake.
embarassed.gif

why the $#$* would u be a mavs fan in cali!!!

i wish i was a lakers fan. jesus christ lol why would you do that to yourself.

Originally Posted by DubA169

When I started following basketball religiously, I really liked Nash and Nowitzki.

They were my two dudes.

I stuck with them, and shall. It's an oddball pick, but they're my team.

Originally Posted by DubA169

When I started following basketball religiously, I really liked Nash and Nowitzki.

They were my two dudes.

I stuck with them, and shall. It's an oddball pick, but they're my team.

old times sake... you have one of the best teams of all time. screw your old times sake you lucky @%$!

i agree with you though being in the cityw hen your team wins is something special. i'm just happy i'm a yankees, rangers, and giants fan. if i was a jets, mets, knicks fan i think i would blow my brains out. i was there in 96 when the yanks won. one of the best experiences of my life.but honestly when the yanks win it doesn't do much for me anymore.

giants pats was one of the craziest things i've ever seen and i was upstate at the time. if the knicks make it back to the finals one day ill be there i couldnt care less about the cost.

Back
Top Bottom