OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

RIP would be a good hit...his mid range game is money.

but trading bad contract for a bad contract = a redundant trade for Detroit, although they definitely need to just let those youngins run loose and pray for another lottery pick next year.

I still think it comes down to Orlando and Boston. I mean, SVG has gotta figure out what the best rotation of starters and bench players are right? It's right in front of him.

I still think it comes down to Orlando and Boston. I mean, SVG has gotta figure out what the best rotation of starters and bench players are right? It's right in front of him.

Watching the end of Philly/Washigton, Iguo crossed Young good but then decided to wait for him to come back go under him then shoot. Why not just take the jumper?
laugh.gif

Watching the end of Philly/Washigton, Iguo crossed Young good but then decided to wait for him to come back go under him then shoot. Why not just take the jumper?
laugh.gif

[h1]Wolves Unveil New Black Alternate Uniforms[/h1]
AlternateUniform_292_101123.jpg
The Minnesota Timberwolves unveiled the team's new alternate black road uniforms, which will serve as the team's third uniform to go along with their home white and road blue uniforms. The Wolves are "Back in Black" as the team last wore black alternate uniforms during the 2007-08 NBA campaign prior to re-designing their uniforms at the start of the 2008-09 season. The uniforms were developed through a collaborative effort between the team, the NBA and adidas.

The Timberwolves' new black alternate uniforms will debut on Friday, Dec. 10 when the Wolves host the Detroit Pistons at Target Center. Fans will also have the opportunity to watch the Wolves wear their new black uniforms at Target Center on March 11 vs. the Utah Jazz. The team will also don the new black uniforms for select road games this season.

To celebrate the return of the black alternate road uniforms, the Timberwolves will be hosting "Black Wednesday" on timberwolves.com starting at midnight tonight. For 24 hours only, the Wolves will feature special ticket packages that include new black uniform merchandise. These pre-Thanksgiving and pre-"Black Friday" deals end at 12 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25.

The "Black Wednesday" sale will feature two new ticket packages, both of which consist of tickets to the two black jersey home games and include new black uniform merchandise. The "Super Fan" pack starts at just $70 and includes tickets to both the Dec. 10 and March 11 home games along with a Kevin Love replica jersey ($65 value). The "Back in Black" package, which starts at just $17, includes a ticket to one of the two black jersey games and a Kevin Love, Michael Beasley or Wes Johnson jersey t-shirt ($28 value). The "Black Wednesday" sale will also be available for fans to purchase in arena at tomorrow night's game vs. San Antonio at Target Center (7 p.m.). The new black jerseys will also be available for purchase in arena at all upcoming Wolves home games beginning tomorrow night, as well as online at store.nba.com.

The Minnesota Timberwolves unveiled the team's new alternate black road uniforms, which will serve as the team's third uniform to go along with their home white and road blue uniforms. The Wolves are "Back in Black" as the team last wore black alternate uniforms during the 2007-08 NBA campaign prior to re-designing their uniforms at the start of the 2008-09 season. The uniforms were developed through a collaborative effort between the team, the NBA and adidas.

The Timberwolves' new black alternate uniforms will debut on Friday, Dec. 10 when the Wolves host the Detroit Pistons at Target Center. Fans will also have the opportunity to watch the Wolves wear their new black uniforms at Target Center on March 11 vs. the Utah Jazz. The team will also don the new black uniforms for select road games this season.

To celebrate the return of the black alternate road uniforms, the Timberwolves will be hosting "Black Wednesday" on timberwolves.com starting at midnight tonight. For 24 hours only, the Wolves will feature special ticket packages that include new black uniform merchandise. These pre-Thanksgiving and pre-"Black Friday" deals end at 12 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 25.

The "Black Wednesday" sale will feature two new ticket packages, both of which consist of tickets to the two black jersey home games and include new black uniform merchandise. The "Super Fan" pack starts at just $70 and includes tickets to both the Dec. 10 and March 11 home games along with a Kevin Love replica jersey ($65 value). The "Back in Black" package, which starts at just $17, includes a ticket to one of the two black jersey games and a Kevin Love, Michael Beasley or Wes Johnson jersey t-shirt ($28 value). The "Black Wednesday" sale will also be available for fans to purchase in arena at tomorrow night's game vs. San Antonio at Target Center (7 p.m.). The new black jerseys will also be available for purchase in arena at all upcoming Wolves home games beginning tomorrow night, as well as online at store.nba.com.

Originally Posted by Proshares

laugh.gif
Tried to draw contact and go to the line ala Paul Pierce.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

These are cold 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

These are cold 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by PMatic

Gasol was getting pushed around down there tonight.
Noah did a very good job on Gasol with his activity and physicality.

Games like tonight is where Bynum is missed. Need that extra big body to bang.
When the Mavericks played them, Noah and Gibson did a hell of a job against the Dallas front-court.

For a while Dirk was on, but they started putting the clamps on.

If they can get another threat in their back-court, then they can be damn dangerous.

Gibson scares me. He's so long and athletic, a good defender and an excellent defender. Pair that with the stud of Joakim?

And then this team still has Carlos Boozer coming soon?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It ain't fair.

I was expecting Brewer to be that missing piece as I very much rooted for him in Utah, and I'm surprised he wasn't starting in preference of Keith Bogans especially since Brewer is a good defender, but I don't know what happened...

This team would have been SICK with JJ Redick. Finally Redick would have a shot to be somebody on a team. A starter. A good defender, a good ball-handler, probably the best shooter on the team (even though it would have made Korver redundant).

Still, Rose, Noah, Booz, Gibson?
30t6p3b.gif

This may seem like a dumb question, but anyone think Gibson could start alongside Booz and Noah?
nerd.gif

Not a dumb question at all...I was just telling my dad that we should start Noah, Booz and Gibson upfront with Rose and Deng in backcourt. You can park Booz in the lane, Noah at the free throw line and Gibson along the baseline...run deng around picks and factor in the frontcourt passing, we will cause trouble.

Bogans should be moved back to the bench and kyle need to stop filming camera commercials and get his shot back. I would prefer to see Brewer starting in place of Bogans anyway.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by PMatic

Gasol was getting pushed around down there tonight.
Noah did a very good job on Gasol with his activity and physicality.

Games like tonight is where Bynum is missed. Need that extra big body to bang.
When the Mavericks played them, Noah and Gibson did a hell of a job against the Dallas front-court.

For a while Dirk was on, but they started putting the clamps on.

If they can get another threat in their back-court, then they can be damn dangerous.

Gibson scares me. He's so long and athletic, a good defender and an excellent defender. Pair that with the stud of Joakim?

And then this team still has Carlos Boozer coming soon?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It ain't fair.

I was expecting Brewer to be that missing piece as I very much rooted for him in Utah, and I'm surprised he wasn't starting in preference of Keith Bogans especially since Brewer is a good defender, but I don't know what happened...

This team would have been SICK with JJ Redick. Finally Redick would have a shot to be somebody on a team. A starter. A good defender, a good ball-handler, probably the best shooter on the team (even though it would have made Korver redundant).

Still, Rose, Noah, Booz, Gibson?
30t6p3b.gif

This may seem like a dumb question, but anyone think Gibson could start alongside Booz and Noah?
nerd.gif

Not a dumb question at all...I was just telling my dad that we should start Noah, Booz and Gibson upfront with Rose and Deng in backcourt. You can park Booz in the lane, Noah at the free throw line and Gibson along the baseline...run deng around picks and factor in the frontcourt passing, we will cause trouble.

Bogans should be moved back to the bench and kyle need to stop filming camera commercials and get his shot back. I would prefer to see Brewer starting in place of Bogans anyway.

AntBanks81 wrote:

People would jam pack the paint and sag in, Rose and Deng aren't consistent enough to hit from outside.  There'd be no angles, no lanes, nothing but a cluster @#$% inside. 

Maybe a possession here and there, end of a quarter type thing, but to run regular minutes this way, no chance. 

AntBanks81 wrote:

People would jam pack the paint and sag in, Rose and Deng aren't consistent enough to hit from outside.  There'd be no angles, no lanes, nothing but a cluster @#$% inside. 

Maybe a possession here and there, end of a quarter type thing, but to run regular minutes this way, no chance. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif

I get that but he was open for a good two or three seconds to get a shot off it seemed really awkward to me
laugh.gif

http://[h3]
[h3]Will Przybilla play Friday?[/h3]
10:02AM ET

[h5]Joel Przybilla | Trail Blazers [/h5]

The Blazers have been targeting Nov. 26 against New Orleans, as the day center Joel Przybilla will return to the active roster. Will that happen?

"We'll bring him back Wednesday, go live again, then Thursday go through that practice again, and we'll make a decision on Friday," head coach Nate McMillan told The Oregonian.

Przybilla fractured his right kneecap on Dec. 22 of last season against Dallas.

The Blazers have had nothing but back luck with injuries the past few years, so Przybilla's return, whenever it happens, will be a welcomed addition to the team.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Kings target a PG[/h3]
9:38AM ET

[h5]Sacramento Kings [/h5]

Kings point guard Beno Udrih vented after Monday's loss to the Utah Jazz.

"This is draining us," Udrih told The Sacramento Bee. "We get nothing off pick and rolls. We don't set screens to free cutters. We get nothing easy. Basically, everything is one-on-one, and there is too much standing around.

"It's like, 'Keep working. Keep working hard in practice,' but you can't keep going and going and not make some adjustments."

Ironically enough, the Kings are looking to change to the lineup and have inquired about the availability of Atlanta's Jeff Teague, Houston's Aaron Brooks and other point guards, too.

Reportedly the Hawks turned down a swap of Teague for Jason Thompson.

Udrih should probably figure out how he can improve the team or else he'll lose his job as the starting point guard.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Dec. 17 debut for Bynum?[/h3]
9:01AM ET

[h5]Andrew Bynum | Lakers [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Bynum had the MRI on Tuesday and Lakers spokesman John Black told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com that it displayed nothing "abnormal" or "unexpected."

According to McMenamin, Lakers head coach Phil Jackson said Bynum may return to the active roster when the team plays in Chicago on Dec. 10.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: An early December return for Bynum doesn't seem to be in the cards now, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.

Bynum told Ding he'll undergo an MRI on his right knee Tuesday. If cleared, he'll begin jumping and lateral movements, and then will join Lakers' practices in a week or two after that.

"Phil Jackson has projected a Dec. 10 season debut for Bynum, even though Bynum told Jackson the timetable was probably a week later than Jackson was suggesting," wrote Ding. "Bynum's comments Monday jibe more with a Dec. 17 debut."

With both Bynum and Theo Ratliff injured in L.A.'s frontcourt, the team is considering adding a big for the short-term.

-- Ryan Corazza

----

The Lakers hoped Andrew Bynum would be able to play by the end of November, but that won't happen. Bynum told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com that he should practice with the team by Thanksgiving and be activated in early December. Bynum is not disappointed that the original timeline for his return from right knee surgery has been pushed back.

"I'm not concerned with it," Bynum said. "I'm just trying to get healthy, trying to get back. My big thing is just to be in the best shape I can be when I get out there so nothing else happens. I don't want to have a setback or regress."

Bynum began one-on-one drills on Wednesday and felt no pain after it was over.

"It feels pretty good," Bynum said.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]More issues for Bogut[/h3]
8:01AM ET

[h5]Andrew Bogut | Bucks [/h5]

Andrew Bogut is still trying to fully recover from injuries to his right hand, right wrist and right elbow this season. At times he has had to deal with migraine headaches, too. And now his back is acting up.

Bogut is expected to miss Wednesday's game against Cleveland due to back spasms, after having an MRI on Tuesday.

"It was a different kind of pain. It didn't feel muscular, so I guess that's why they were worried," Bogut told the Journal Sentinel. "But the MRI looks good. Tomorrow is 50-50; it will be doubtful (to play). Hopefully I will play one of the games later in the week and go from there."

Drew Gooden will start at center, if Bogut can't play.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Suspension coming for Brand?[/h3]
7:19AM ET

[h5]Elton Brand | 76ers [/h5]

Elton Brand was ejected with about 3 minutes and 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter on Tuesday when he shoved JaVale McGee as the Wizards center tried to dunk the ball. The shove (flagrant foul) caused McGee to fall awkwardly onto the floor.

Brand admitted he wanted to foul McGee, but not hurt him.

"It wasn't frustration," Brand told the Philadelphia Daily News. "We didn't match up correctly and he was going to get another dunk so I was just trying to stop it. I definitely tried to foul him, but I didn't want him to fall awkward like that."

The league, after reviewing the foul, may suspend Brand for a game.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Carter sprains left knee[/h3]
6:48AM ET

[h5]Vince Carter | Magic [/h5]

UPDATE: According to the Orlando Sentinel, Carter had an MRI on Tuesday and it showed no significant structural damage.

The Magic host the Heat Wednesday and his availability will be a game-time decision.

-- Nick Borges

----

Vince Carter sprained his left knee with less than six minutes remaining in Monday's game against the Spurs. He will be re-evaluated on Tuesday.

"When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything," he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. "I just wasn't sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn't. I couldn't get any push off on it.

"So, I don't know what it is. I've looked at it. It's a little swollen right now, so it's really hard to tell."

Carter wasn't sure if he'll have an MRI to check out the knee.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Johnson downplays hand injury[/h3]
6:36AM ET

[h5]Joe Johnson | Hawks [/h5]

Joe Johnson has been playing with a sore left hand since the preseason, but head coach Larry Drew has no plans on sitting his starting shooting guard.

"I will consider it, but a high probability of giving him time off? No," Drew told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "We will probably just try to rest him days that we are not playing, especially when we have a couple days in between. Let him get it treated and keep him out.

"With those type injuries they always start to feel good, and then you get it banged again and it becomes a lingering thing through the season."

Johnson is only shooting 42 percent from the field, including 26 percent from behind the 3-point line. He said the hand is not affecting his shot.

"The only thing that can keep it from hurting is resting, but we don't have time for that," he said. "I have to play through it. It's nothing major."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Murphy told to stay home[/h3]
5:19AM ET

[h5]Troy Murphy | Nets [/h5]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4019Terrence Williams is not the only member of the Nets who didn't travel with the team to Boston for Wednesday's game against the Celtics. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1013Troy Murphy, who is now the third-string power forward behind starter http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2433Kris Humphries and backup http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4257Derrick Favors, was told to stay home so he can work on his conditioning.

"I don't know what it is," Murphy told The Record. "I'm healthy. It's up to the coach. He's the one in charge."

"In about a week or so, we'll see where we are with him," head coach Avery Johnson said. "But he definitely said he's getting stronger."

Murphy has missed four regular season games due to groin and back injuries.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Nets sit Williams for two games[/h3]
5:05AM ET

[h5]Terrence Williams | Nets [/h5]

The New Jersey Nets not only had Terrence Williams on the inactive list Tuesday against Atlanta, but they also told him to not even come to the game. He will also miss the Nets game against the Celtics on Wednesday, too.

"Terrence is inactive for repeatedly violating team policy," head coach Avery Johnson told The Star-Ledger. "So that's why he's inactive tonight and he will not travel with the team to Boston."

Johnson wouldn't divulge which rules Williams had broken.

"It's been something that we've dealt with for the past 2-3 weeks or so, and I don't know if he clearly understands what we're trying to do."

Johnson said Williams has been fined multiple times, but "that hasn't worked."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Collison's unique deal[/h3]
4:48AM ET

[h5]Nick Collison | Thunder [/h5]

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports Collison's four-year extension is worth about $11 million and includes a signing bonus that will push his 2010-11 cap number from $6.75 million to $13.3 million.

According to Stein, the Thunder were allowed to do this because they were under the cap and all the room was given to Collison.

Collison's contract is cap-friendly and will help the team in the future when they have to sign Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka to new deals.

-- Nick Borges

----

According to the Associated Press, Nick Collison has signed a multiyear extension with the Thunder.

Collison has proven to be an effective frontcourt reserve for Oklahoma City, and he'll provide insurance if the team loses Jeff Green in restricted free agency this coming summer or the likes of Nenad Krstic or Serge Ibaka miss time due to injury.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]The Spurs' revolving SF door[/h3]
4:36AM ET

[h5]Daniel Green | Spurs [/h5]

UPDATE: According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, the Spurs will replace Green with Ime Udoka.

Udoka played for the team for two years from 2007 though 2009. He will sign a non-guaranteed rest-of-season contract.

-- Nick Borges

----

Despite non-guaranteed contacts, both http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1022Bobby Simmons and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4232Alonzo Gee made the Spurs' final roster.

But the team has since waived both of them and brought in Daniel Green last week as a replacement on the wing.

However, now Green's time has quickly come and gone.

"Spurs waived guard/forward Danny Green," tweeted Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday afternoon. "Green was signed Nov. 17 and appeared in two games, averaging 3.0 points in 4.5 minutes."

The Spurs are off to an impressive start as they currently hold the NBA's best record at 12-1, but they've had a bit of a revolving door so far for a backup to Richard Jefferson at small forward.

As such, it's possible the team may continue to look for another body to bring in on the wing.
[/h3]

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

laugh.gif

I get that but he was open for a good two or three seconds to get a shot off it seemed really awkward to me
laugh.gif

http://[h3]
[h3]Will Przybilla play Friday?[/h3]
10:02AM ET

[h5]Joel Przybilla | Trail Blazers [/h5]

The Blazers have been targeting Nov. 26 against New Orleans, as the day center Joel Przybilla will return to the active roster. Will that happen?

"We'll bring him back Wednesday, go live again, then Thursday go through that practice again, and we'll make a decision on Friday," head coach Nate McMillan told The Oregonian.

Przybilla fractured his right kneecap on Dec. 22 of last season against Dallas.

The Blazers have had nothing but back luck with injuries the past few years, so Przybilla's return, whenever it happens, will be a welcomed addition to the team.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Kings target a PG[/h3]
9:38AM ET

[h5]Sacramento Kings [/h5]

Kings point guard Beno Udrih vented after Monday's loss to the Utah Jazz.

"This is draining us," Udrih told The Sacramento Bee. "We get nothing off pick and rolls. We don't set screens to free cutters. We get nothing easy. Basically, everything is one-on-one, and there is too much standing around.

"It's like, 'Keep working. Keep working hard in practice,' but you can't keep going and going and not make some adjustments."

Ironically enough, the Kings are looking to change to the lineup and have inquired about the availability of Atlanta's Jeff Teague, Houston's Aaron Brooks and other point guards, too.

Reportedly the Hawks turned down a swap of Teague for Jason Thompson.

Udrih should probably figure out how he can improve the team or else he'll lose his job as the starting point guard.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Dec. 17 debut for Bynum?[/h3]
9:01AM ET

[h5]Andrew Bynum | Lakers [/h5]

UPDATE No. 2: Bynum had the MRI on Tuesday and Lakers spokesman John Black told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com that it displayed nothing "abnormal" or "unexpected."

According to McMenamin, Lakers head coach Phil Jackson said Bynum may return to the active roster when the team plays in Chicago on Dec. 10.

-- Nick Borges

----

UPDATE: An early December return for Bynum doesn't seem to be in the cards now, according to Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.

Bynum told Ding he'll undergo an MRI on his right knee Tuesday. If cleared, he'll begin jumping and lateral movements, and then will join Lakers' practices in a week or two after that.

"Phil Jackson has projected a Dec. 10 season debut for Bynum, even though Bynum told Jackson the timetable was probably a week later than Jackson was suggesting," wrote Ding. "Bynum's comments Monday jibe more with a Dec. 17 debut."

With both Bynum and Theo Ratliff injured in L.A.'s frontcourt, the team is considering adding a big for the short-term.

-- Ryan Corazza

----

The Lakers hoped Andrew Bynum would be able to play by the end of November, but that won't happen. Bynum told Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com that he should practice with the team by Thanksgiving and be activated in early December. Bynum is not disappointed that the original timeline for his return from right knee surgery has been pushed back.

"I'm not concerned with it," Bynum said. "I'm just trying to get healthy, trying to get back. My big thing is just to be in the best shape I can be when I get out there so nothing else happens. I don't want to have a setback or regress."

Bynum began one-on-one drills on Wednesday and felt no pain after it was over.

"It feels pretty good," Bynum said.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]More issues for Bogut[/h3]
8:01AM ET

[h5]Andrew Bogut | Bucks [/h5]

Andrew Bogut is still trying to fully recover from injuries to his right hand, right wrist and right elbow this season. At times he has had to deal with migraine headaches, too. And now his back is acting up.

Bogut is expected to miss Wednesday's game against Cleveland due to back spasms, after having an MRI on Tuesday.

"It was a different kind of pain. It didn't feel muscular, so I guess that's why they were worried," Bogut told the Journal Sentinel. "But the MRI looks good. Tomorrow is 50-50; it will be doubtful (to play). Hopefully I will play one of the games later in the week and go from there."

Drew Gooden will start at center, if Bogut can't play.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Suspension coming for Brand?[/h3]
7:19AM ET

[h5]Elton Brand | 76ers [/h5]

Elton Brand was ejected with about 3 minutes and 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter on Tuesday when he shoved JaVale McGee as the Wizards center tried to dunk the ball. The shove (flagrant foul) caused McGee to fall awkwardly onto the floor.

Brand admitted he wanted to foul McGee, but not hurt him.

"It wasn't frustration," Brand told the Philadelphia Daily News. "We didn't match up correctly and he was going to get another dunk so I was just trying to stop it. I definitely tried to foul him, but I didn't want him to fall awkward like that."

The league, after reviewing the foul, may suspend Brand for a game.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Carter sprains left knee[/h3]
6:48AM ET

[h5]Vince Carter | Magic [/h5]

UPDATE: According to the Orlando Sentinel, Carter had an MRI on Tuesday and it showed no significant structural damage.

The Magic host the Heat Wednesday and his availability will be a game-time decision.

-- Nick Borges

----

Vince Carter sprained his left knee with less than six minutes remaining in Monday's game against the Spurs. He will be re-evaluated on Tuesday.

"When I made the spin move and went up for the layup, as I landed, I just felt some sharp pain go through my knee, under the kneecap more so than anything," he told the Orlando Sentinel after the game. "I just wasn't sure. I just wanted to go to the back and try to run it off and I couldn't. I couldn't get any push off on it.

"So, I don't know what it is. I've looked at it. It's a little swollen right now, so it's really hard to tell."

Carter wasn't sure if he'll have an MRI to check out the knee.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Johnson downplays hand injury[/h3]
6:36AM ET

[h5]Joe Johnson | Hawks [/h5]

Joe Johnson has been playing with a sore left hand since the preseason, but head coach Larry Drew has no plans on sitting his starting shooting guard.

"I will consider it, but a high probability of giving him time off? No," Drew told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "We will probably just try to rest him days that we are not playing, especially when we have a couple days in between. Let him get it treated and keep him out.

"With those type injuries they always start to feel good, and then you get it banged again and it becomes a lingering thing through the season."

Johnson is only shooting 42 percent from the field, including 26 percent from behind the 3-point line. He said the hand is not affecting his shot.

"The only thing that can keep it from hurting is resting, but we don't have time for that," he said. "I have to play through it. It's nothing major."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Murphy told to stay home[/h3]
5:19AM ET

[h5]Troy Murphy | Nets [/h5]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4019Terrence Williams is not the only member of the Nets who didn't travel with the team to Boston for Wednesday's game against the Celtics. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1013Troy Murphy, who is now the third-string power forward behind starter http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2433Kris Humphries and backup http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4257Derrick Favors, was told to stay home so he can work on his conditioning.

"I don't know what it is," Murphy told The Record. "I'm healthy. It's up to the coach. He's the one in charge."

"In about a week or so, we'll see where we are with him," head coach Avery Johnson said. "But he definitely said he's getting stronger."

Murphy has missed four regular season games due to groin and back injuries.

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Nets sit Williams for two games[/h3]
5:05AM ET

[h5]Terrence Williams | Nets [/h5]

The New Jersey Nets not only had Terrence Williams on the inactive list Tuesday against Atlanta, but they also told him to not even come to the game. He will also miss the Nets game against the Celtics on Wednesday, too.

"Terrence is inactive for repeatedly violating team policy," head coach Avery Johnson told The Star-Ledger. "So that's why he's inactive tonight and he will not travel with the team to Boston."

Johnson wouldn't divulge which rules Williams had broken.

"It's been something that we've dealt with for the past 2-3 weeks or so, and I don't know if he clearly understands what we're trying to do."

Johnson said Williams has been fined multiple times, but "that hasn't worked."

-- Nick Borges

http://[h3]Collison's unique deal[/h3]
4:48AM ET

[h5]Nick Collison | Thunder [/h5]

UPDATE: ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports Collison's four-year extension is worth about $11 million and includes a signing bonus that will push his 2010-11 cap number from $6.75 million to $13.3 million.

According to Stein, the Thunder were allowed to do this because they were under the cap and all the room was given to Collison.

Collison's contract is cap-friendly and will help the team in the future when they have to sign Jeff Green, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka to new deals.

-- Nick Borges

----

According to the Associated Press, Nick Collison has signed a multiyear extension with the Thunder.

Collison has proven to be an effective frontcourt reserve for Oklahoma City, and he'll provide insurance if the team loses Jeff Green in restricted free agency this coming summer or the likes of Nenad Krstic or Serge Ibaka miss time due to injury.

-- Ryan Corazza

http://[h3]The Spurs' revolving SF door[/h3]
4:36AM ET

[h5]Daniel Green | Spurs [/h5]

UPDATE: According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, the Spurs will replace Green with Ime Udoka.

Udoka played for the team for two years from 2007 though 2009. He will sign a non-guaranteed rest-of-season contract.

-- Nick Borges

----

Despite non-guaranteed contacts, both http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1022Bobby Simmons and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=4232Alonzo Gee made the Spurs' final roster.

But the team has since waived both of them and brought in Daniel Green last week as a replacement on the wing.

However, now Green's time has quickly come and gone.

"Spurs waived guard/forward Danny Green," tweeted Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday afternoon. "Green was signed Nov. 17 and appeared in two games, averaging 3.0 points in 4.5 minutes."

The Spurs are off to an impressive start as they currently hold the NBA's best record at 12-1, but they've had a bit of a revolving door so far for a backup to Richard Jefferson at small forward.

As such, it's possible the team may continue to look for another body to bring in on the wing.
[/h3]

No debating that one, you can't do that Elton.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's Heat-Magic game, yeah it's just the regular season, but after the last match-up, Orlando needs to send a message that they can beat this team.

No debating that one, you can't do that Elton.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's Heat-Magic game, yeah it's just the regular season, but after the last match-up, Orlando needs to send a message that they can beat this team.

-
laugh.gif
@ McGee waving bye to Elton as he's writhing on the floor.

- So I guess the great Tyreke-as-pg movement is officially dead huh?

- Not sure that Boozer's return will dramatically help the Bulls as much as some of you predict.

- Ariza needs to go back to LA b/c he's been exposed. I'm sure he's looking at Shannon Brown fill the EXACT role he (Ariza) once had and wishing he could be back in LA.

- Looking forward to the Heat game tonight. I just feel as if something big is gonna happen. Not sure what though.

-
laugh.gif
@ McGee waving bye to Elton as he's writhing on the floor.

- So I guess the great Tyreke-as-pg movement is officially dead huh?

- Not sure that Boozer's return will dramatically help the Bulls as much as some of you predict.

- Ariza needs to go back to LA b/c he's been exposed. I'm sure he's looking at Shannon Brown fill the EXACT role he (Ariza) once had and wishing he could be back in LA.

- Looking forward to the Heat game tonight. I just feel as if something big is gonna happen. Not sure what though.

Back
Top Bottom