OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

CP1708 wrote:
Tony Parker is the one drivin that team these days. 
wink.gif

Simmons mentioned hearing whispers about Manu's knees/ankles again. 
Come on CP. You post some very good stuff then post THIS garbage.
indifferent.gif

Yeah I guess no one has told POP seeing as he is playing MANU 33 mins a game.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

CP1708 wrote:
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

CP1708 wrote:
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Gasol was getting pushed around down there tonight.
Noah did a very good job on Gasol with his activity and physicality.

Games like tonight is where Bynum is missed. Need that extra big body to bang.

Yup. If Boozer assimilates himself well into that lineup, I think they might contend this year. Noah is up there w/Love for the best passing big man in the league.

Yup. If Boozer assimilates himself well into that lineup, I think they might contend this year. Noah is up there w/Love for the best passing big man in the league.

Originally Posted by PMatic

When the Mavericks played them, Noah and Gibson did a hell of a job against the Dallas front-court.

For a while Dirk was on, but they started putting the clamps on.

If they can get another threat in their back-court, then they can be damn dangerous.

Gibson scares me. He's so long and athletic, a good defender and an excellent defender. Pair that with the stud of Joakim?

And then this team still has Carlos Boozer coming soon?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It ain't fair.

I was expecting Brewer to be that missing piece as I very much rooted for him in Utah, and I'm surprised he wasn't starting in preference of Keith Bogans especially since Brewer is a good defender, but I don't know what happened...

This team would have been SICK with JJ Redick. Finally Redick would have a shot to be somebody on a team. A starter. A good defender, a good ball-handler, probably the best shooter on the team (even though it would have made Korver redundant).

Still, Rose, Noah, Booz, Gibson?
30t6p3b.gif

This may seem like a dumb question, but anyone think Gibson could start alongside Booz and Noah?
nerd.gif

When the Mavericks played them, Noah and Gibson did a hell of a job against the Dallas front-court.

For a while Dirk was on, but they started putting the clamps on.

If they can get another threat in their back-court, then they can be damn dangerous.

Gibson scares me. He's so long and athletic, a good defender and an excellent defender. Pair that with the stud of Joakim?

And then this team still has Carlos Boozer coming soon?

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It ain't fair.

I was expecting Brewer to be that missing piece as I very much rooted for him in Utah, and I'm surprised he wasn't starting in preference of Keith Bogans especially since Brewer is a good defender, but I don't know what happened...

This team would have been SICK with JJ Redick. Finally Redick would have a shot to be somebody on a team. A starter. A good defender, a good ball-handler, probably the best shooter on the team (even though it would have made Korver redundant).

Still, Rose, Noah, Booz, Gibson?
30t6p3b.gif

This may seem like a dumb question, but anyone think Gibson could start alongside Booz and Noah?
nerd.gif

NO.

And yes, the Bulls should look to upgrade their SG. I like Brewer but he's overrated on defense and a liability on offense. Bogans shouldn't see more than 10 MPG and Korver is one dimensional.

NO.

And yes, the Bulls should look to upgrade their SG. I like Brewer but he's overrated on defense and a liability on offense. Bogans shouldn't see more than 10 MPG and Korver is one dimensional.

good win for the lakers tonight. that boy drose was having his way with our guards tonight. his speed and athleticism are just too much.

chicago is going to be a very good team in the east once boozer comes back. it'll move gibson to the bench alongside with brewer and korver, which will make them solid.
as far as gibson starting alongside boozer and noah, i think it could work against bigger teams, like say if the lakers put a lineup of pau, lamar and bynum out there. however,
i dont think gibson is quick enough to guard the SF position with the likes of lebron, rudy gay, granger, etc. so it would be better for him to come off the bench.

good win for the lakers tonight. that boy drose was having his way with our guards tonight. his speed and athleticism are just too much.

chicago is going to be a very good team in the east once boozer comes back. it'll move gibson to the bench alongside with brewer and korver, which will make them solid.
as far as gibson starting alongside boozer and noah, i think it could work against bigger teams, like say if the lakers put a lineup of pau, lamar and bynum out there. however,
i dont think gibson is quick enough to guard the SF position with the likes of lebron, rudy gay, granger, etc. so it would be better for him to come off the bench.

I dont like the idea of Gibson starting alongside Noah and Boozer. Deng is still a better shooter and overall player.
The problem is the Bulls dont have a legit backup point.
CJ Watson is buns.
I would still kill for Bayless to be coming off the bench
An explosive guy off the bench + Another shooter to keep good defensive teams like Boston and LA honest on plays run for Korver and they are decent.
NO ended up with a log jam of guys who come off the bench and score
Green etc, and that was a factor in the trade.

I dont like the idea of Gibson starting alongside Noah and Boozer. Deng is still a better shooter and overall player.
The problem is the Bulls dont have a legit backup point.
CJ Watson is buns.
I would still kill for Bayless to be coming off the bench
An explosive guy off the bench + Another shooter to keep good defensive teams like Boston and LA honest on plays run for Korver and they are decent.
NO ended up with a log jam of guys who come off the bench and score
Green etc, and that was a factor in the trade.

Interesting.

How do folks feel when you hear "the Bulls are the Jazz East"?

We all knew Utah wasn't ever going to advance to the Finals out West with that team and was never going to get a ring.

Are the Bulls locked to the same fate this year assuming they don't upgrade their 2 guard? Even though their record doesn't look too pretty right now, they look like a player in the East... but are they really a title team? When I used to hear "they are Jazz East" I'd scoff, but in reality I can't say anything to disagree. But when I watch Chicago I feel like they just look better than anything the Jazz put out in the past few years. And this is without Boozer out there.

2010 Jazz/2011 Bulls:

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

Interesting.

How do folks feel when you hear "the Bulls are the Jazz East"?

We all knew Utah wasn't ever going to advance to the Finals out West with that team and was never going to get a ring.

Are the Bulls locked to the same fate this year assuming they don't upgrade their 2 guard? Even though their record doesn't look too pretty right now, they look like a player in the East... but are they really a title team? When I used to hear "they are Jazz East" I'd scoff, but in reality I can't say anything to disagree. But when I watch Chicago I feel like they just look better than anything the Jazz put out in the past few years. And this is without Boozer out there.

2010 Jazz/2011 Bulls:

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

NO.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a popular idea,
laugh.gif
but he definitely works as the first big off the bench, and could fill in either Noah OR Boozer as long as the other is on the floor.

Am I the only one who thought JJ would have been a perfect fit for this team?
nerd.gif

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

I hope you're just putting these together and not comparing them. Rose is a ton different than Deron. Bogans and Miles? Naw.
laugh.gif
. AK47 is ultra-versatile, Deng is an efficient scorer and decent rebounder, that's all. Millsap is a more versatile scorer and Noah is a much better defender. Okur and Gibson? Similar in what way? Wes Matthews and CJ Watson? What?
laugh.gif

Or are just saying that they have a lot of the former Jazz players? in which case yeah.

NO.

Yeah, I didn't think it would be a popular idea,
laugh.gif
but he definitely works as the first big off the bench, and could fill in either Noah OR Boozer as long as the other is on the floor.

Am I the only one who thought JJ would have been a perfect fit for this team?
nerd.gif

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

I hope you're just putting these together and not comparing them. Rose is a ton different than Deron. Bogans and Miles? Naw.
laugh.gif
. AK47 is ultra-versatile, Deng is an efficient scorer and decent rebounder, that's all. Millsap is a more versatile scorer and Noah is a much better defender. Okur and Gibson? Similar in what way? Wes Matthews and CJ Watson? What?
laugh.gif

Or are just saying that they have a lot of the former Jazz players? in which case yeah.

Back
Top Bottom