OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

laugh.gif
 I've tried forever to get my questions on there, and he never uses them.  I started wondering if my questions evern make it to them or not. 

laugh.gif
 I've tried forever to get my questions on there, and he never uses them.  I started wondering if my questions evern make it to them or not. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

New material in the paperback edition for the book of basketball by Simmons? 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Leaks? 
Pretty sure he trimmed some fat and updated the pyramid (I think he moved Kobe up into Pantheon, not sure). He gave Durant a slot on the Pyramid, I think (like he gave one to Dwight and Lebron the first time around). He also tweeted a couple months ago that he "had to" add Durant/Oden to the What-If chapter. He didn't really want to because his main rule was that injuries can't be a main culprit in a what-if scenario (although he let it slide once in the hardcover version).

Leave it to master of the mind, one Mr. Phil Jackson, to use the media for a little bit of prodding at the Heat.

Via Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, here's Jackson comparing the team's current situation to that of when Pat Riley assumed coaching control of the Heat from Stan Van Gundy during December of the 2005-06 season.

"The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you can do a better job coaching the team," he's quoted as saying. "We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know. That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

Though Heat coach Erick Spoelstra was quick to squash the notion that Riley could once again assume coaching control this summer (despite Riley making mention he'd give it thought if a free-agent star called upon him), it's a scenario that still looms in the background whether or not it's really a possibility.

And now with the Heat standing at an unexpected 8-6 after back-to-back losses against the Grizzlies and Pacers -- arguably the lowest point of their young season -- Jackson is stoking the flame on this sort of speculation at an uneasy time for a team under an arguably unfair set of expectations.

It's possible both Riley and Spoelstra will be asked to respond to Jackson's comments via a member of media soon -- which likely isn't something they really would want to be doing.

Of course, just because Jackson made mention of it doesn't mean it's going to happen. But if the Heat continue to struggle some, Jackson's comments may be the start of an awkward snowball.

laugh.gif

New material in the paperback edition for the book of basketball by Simmons? 
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Leaks? 
Pretty sure he trimmed some fat and updated the pyramid (I think he moved Kobe up into Pantheon, not sure). He gave Durant a slot on the Pyramid, I think (like he gave one to Dwight and Lebron the first time around). He also tweeted a couple months ago that he "had to" add Durant/Oden to the What-If chapter. He didn't really want to because his main rule was that injuries can't be a main culprit in a what-if scenario (although he let it slide once in the hardcover version).

Leave it to master of the mind, one Mr. Phil Jackson, to use the media for a little bit of prodding at the Heat.

Via Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, here's Jackson comparing the team's current situation to that of when Pat Riley assumed coaching control of the Heat from Stan Van Gundy during December of the 2005-06 season.

"The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- [Chris] Bosh and [LeBron] James -- by Pat Riley and Micky Arison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you can do a better job coaching the team," he's quoted as saying. "We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know. That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

Though Heat coach Erick Spoelstra was quick to squash the notion that Riley could once again assume coaching control this summer (despite Riley making mention he'd give it thought if a free-agent star called upon him), it's a scenario that still looms in the background whether or not it's really a possibility.

And now with the Heat standing at an unexpected 8-6 after back-to-back losses against the Grizzlies and Pacers -- arguably the lowest point of their young season -- Jackson is stoking the flame on this sort of speculation at an uneasy time for a team under an arguably unfair set of expectations.

It's possible both Riley and Spoelstra will be asked to respond to Jackson's comments via a member of media soon -- which likely isn't something they really would want to be doing.

Of course, just because Jackson made mention of it doesn't mean it's going to happen. But if the Heat continue to struggle some, Jackson's comments may be the start of an awkward snowball.

laugh.gif

This was always really a no-win situation for Eric Spoelstra. Should anything other than 60+ wins and a walk to a ring happen (which is looking very likely), we all know how this situation plays out.

I remember thinking how unshocked I would have been if Spoelstra, like, resigned from coaching that team after everything happened. Way too much pressure from every direction for any coach, much less a hardly-older-than-his-players, unproven one.

I guess everyone that could had to take the ride and see where it led. It's not looking so white, sandy beaches and crystal blue water anymore.

This was always really a no-win situation for Eric Spoelstra. Should anything other than 60+ wins and a walk to a ring happen (which is looking very likely), we all know how this situation plays out.

I remember thinking how unshocked I would have been if Spoelstra, like, resigned from coaching that team after everything happened. Way too much pressure from every direction for any coach, much less a hardly-older-than-his-players, unproven one.

I guess everyone that could had to take the ride and see where it led. It's not looking so white, sandy beaches and crystal blue water anymore.

laugh.gif
He used one of mine once. I submitted it like 50 times though.

laugh.gif
He used one of mine once. I submitted it like 50 times though.

I would like to see the Cav fans pull some high school crap like everybody just gets up and start reading the newspaper or turn their back to him. But the laughing will be nice to see as well. I can't wait to see Andy on the floor laughing and crying.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
New black wolves jersey to premier on 12/10

I would like to see the Cav fans pull some high school crap like everybody just gets up and start reading the newspaper or turn their back to him. But the laughing will be nice to see as well. I can't wait to see Andy on the floor laughing and crying.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
New black wolves jersey to premier on 12/10

Nick Collison re-upped. No terms.

Durant: Congrats to my brother Nick Collison for signing his extension!!! He really deserves it..best teammate any player can ask for

Nick Collison re-upped. No terms.

Durant: Congrats to my brother Nick Collison for signing his extension!!! He really deserves it..best teammate any player can ask for

Collison sticking around in the L.
pimp.gif

He's getting a little underappreciated with the growth of Serge (who has been AWESOME this year btw).

I always liked Nick, congratulations to him.

Collison sticking around in the L.
pimp.gif

He's getting a little underappreciated with the growth of Serge (who has been AWESOME this year btw).

I always liked Nick, congratulations to him.

I always liked Nick Collison. He still lives in Seattle too (Queen Anne). Can't believe he's been with the franchise since 2003. Only guy still around from that 2005 Sonics squad.

I always liked Nick Collison. He still lives in Seattle too (Queen Anne). Can't believe he's been with the franchise since 2003. Only guy still around from that 2005 Sonics squad.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

pimp.gif
@ him still living in Seattle.

I miss the Sonics.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

pimp.gif
@ him still living in Seattle.

I miss the Sonics.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom