OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Whelp, that explains Colorado then, visiting neverland ranch will do that to a guy. 
sick.gif
roll.gif

CP, you don't care about the regular season, at all, though..right?

They suck right now, but it is November and this team is ultimately judged by what they do in May/June, correct?

They suck right now, but it is November and this team is ultimately judged by what they do in May/June, correct?

that was a very interesting read. need more articles like that instead of garbage speculation.

that was a very interesting read. need more articles like that instead of garbage speculation.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Correct.  

Correct.  

The world has changed around Bryant in this modern NBA, but his core basketball values have remained largely untouched and unimpeachable: His will stays greater than yours; his talent evolves but hardly diminishes. His single-mindedness remains maniacal.

“Guys have voices now, want to build brands,

The world has changed around Bryant in this modern NBA, but his core basketball values have remained largely untouched and unimpeachable: His will stays greater than yours; his talent evolves but hardly diminishes. His single-mindedness remains maniacal.

“Guys have voices now, want to build brands,

If the playoffs started now, I don't see any way that Denver beats the Spurs. Hell, I see Denver maybe pulling out 1 game.

If the playoffs started now, I don't see any way that Denver beats the Spurs. Hell, I see Denver maybe pulling out 1 game.

Then there's a lot of time to make it work

If they still look like this around February it'll be an embarrassment. If they look like this in 6 months, it'll be the biggest failure of any sports team I can remember. Year 1 or not.

But, I still think there is a good chance they figure stuff out.

If they still look like this around February it'll be an embarrassment. If they look like this in 6 months, it'll be the biggest failure of any sports team I can remember. Year 1 or not.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Melo won't be there past February. I doubt they'll make it period unless what they get in return is enough to keep them running. 

Melo won't be there past February. I doubt they'll make it period unless what they get in return is enough to keep them running. 

Here's my thing, or way of lookin at it. 

I could care less about the regular season.  The Celts lost to the Nets last year.  LA loses to people every year we shouldn't.  No big.  Pacers?  Eh, it happens.  Maybe not at home in Miami, I didn't expect that, but whatever.  It's November.  But,  here is the trick.  See, regular season don't mean nothin in terms of later on, other then the road of the playoffs.  Shaq was always lazy, and cost us tons of meaningless regular season games, except for the fact that we always had to play series on the road towards the end.  We shouldn't have HAD to do that. 

I just figured Miami would murder crap teams, and get 60 wins, win the east while Boston gave games away to stay healthy.  So, in the playoffs, Heat have HC, but Bostn bein vets they are, wouldn't worry about the road too much.  So Heat get an 8 seed, a semi decent 4, and then a big boy, Boston or Orld.  All at home.  Make sense? 

But now, if they don't roll thru like I thought they would, and they get a 3-4 seed, now what?  Now a still easy first round at home, but then BOTH big boys, ON THE ROAD.  And now, we have a problem .  I have a ton of respect for D Wade.  He is the lone reason I don't flat out hammer Miami.  He gives them a punchers chance.  But the other two softies, no, I don't expect them to come out with heart and will power and fire to do work in back to back road playoff series, AND THEN a finals on the road.  I do not see that, AT ALL. 

THAT, would be my biggest concern for the Heat.  They win 65, HC, etc etc.  I still pick Boston to beat them, but I give them a chance, I wouldn't be stunned to see them survive.  But 3-4 seed, and 3 road series in the playoffs against 3 elites?  They're done, IMO. 

See what I'm sayin?  Regular season is meaningless provided you still winning the games you need, and getting the position you should.  Does LA win if Boston has HC last year?  I dunno.  Do they win if ORLD had HC the year before?  I unno.  Do they even beat Denver the year before?  I dunno.  That's the fundamental difference in Kobe v Shaq.  Kobe 3 straight years now, has gotten the 1 seed out West.  Shaq?  1 1 seed, a 2-3 seed, and like a 4-5 seed.  He gave away so many games.  Luckily, we could afford him, so I guess he earned the rigth, Kobe doesn't give away games, and that has saved our @#$%# the last two years. 

Does that make sense, or am I just rambling nonsense? 

Here's my thing, or way of lookin at it. 

I could care less about the regular season.  The Celts lost to the Nets last year.  LA loses to people every year we shouldn't.  No big.  Pacers?  Eh, it happens.  Maybe not at home in Miami, I didn't expect that, but whatever.  It's November.  But,  here is the trick.  See, regular season don't mean nothin in terms of later on, other then the road of the playoffs.  Shaq was always lazy, and cost us tons of meaningless regular season games, except for the fact that we always had to play series on the road towards the end.  We shouldn't have HAD to do that. 

I just figured Miami would murder crap teams, and get 60 wins, win the east while Boston gave games away to stay healthy.  So, in the playoffs, Heat have HC, but Bostn bein vets they are, wouldn't worry about the road too much.  So Heat get an 8 seed, a semi decent 4, and then a big boy, Boston or Orld.  All at home.  Make sense? 

But now, if they don't roll thru like I thought they would, and they get a 3-4 seed, now what?  Now a still easy first round at home, but then BOTH big boys, ON THE ROAD.  And now, we have a problem .  I have a ton of respect for D Wade.  He is the lone reason I don't flat out hammer Miami.  He gives them a punchers chance.  But the other two softies, no, I don't expect them to come out with heart and will power and fire to do work in back to back road playoff series, AND THEN a finals on the road.  I do not see that, AT ALL. 

THAT, would be my biggest concern for the Heat.  They win 65, HC, etc etc.  I still pick Boston to beat them, but I give them a chance, I wouldn't be stunned to see them survive.  But 3-4 seed, and 3 road series in the playoffs against 3 elites?  They're done, IMO. 

See what I'm sayin?  Regular season is meaningless provided you still winning the games you need, and getting the position you should.  Does LA win if Boston has HC last year?  I dunno.  Do they win if ORLD had HC the year before?  I unno.  Do they even beat Denver the year before?  I dunno.  That's the fundamental difference in Kobe v Shaq.  Kobe 3 straight years now, has gotten the 1 seed out West.  Shaq?  1 1 seed, a 2-3 seed, and like a 4-5 seed.  He gave away so many games.  Luckily, we could afford him, so I guess he earned the rigth, Kobe doesn't give away games, and that has saved our @#$%# the last two years. 

Does that make sense, or am I just rambling nonsense? 

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'm with you on both but this is just hypothetical if it happened to start today.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'm with you on both but this is just hypothetical if it happened to start today.

The regular season sets a nice precedent for the playoffs.

The Heat's inability to prevent PGs from penetrating, defending around the basket and rebounding will be an issue that will continue.

Of course there are exceptions like last year's Celtics (but that had more to do with effort than talent).

The regular season sets a nice precedent for the playoffs.

The Heat's inability to prevent PGs from penetrating, defending around the basket and rebounding will be an issue that will continue.

Of course there are exceptions like last year's Celtics (but that had more to do with effort than talent).

Back
Top Bottom