OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Gibson isnt fast enough to guard 3s, IMO. Even if he was, where would Deng go? He plays better at the 3 anyway.

And i always thought Utah underachieved. Had the talent, just was never able to string it together. Not to mention, AK,Okur, and Boozer always out missing games really hurt them.

Gibson isnt fast enough to guard 3s, IMO. Even if he was, where would Deng go? He plays better at the 3 anyway.

And i always thought Utah underachieved. Had the talent, just was never able to string it together. Not to mention, AK,Okur, and Boozer always out missing games really hurt them.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Redick has been like one of the worst players in the league playing the kind of minutes he does.
This year? Or over his career?

This year he's been bad, yeah, but he possesses the talent.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Redick has been like one of the worst players in the league playing the kind of minutes he does.
This year? Or over his career?

This year he's been bad, yeah, but he possesses the talent.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by PMatic

NO.

And yes, the Bulls should look to upgrade their SG. I like Brewer but he's overrated on defense and a liability on offense. Bogans shouldn't see more than 10 MPG and Korver is one dimensional.
Yeah, I didn't think it would be a popular idea,
laugh.gif
but he definitely works as the first big off the bench, and could fill in either Noah OR Boozer as long as the other is on the floor.

Am I the only one who thought JJ would have been a perfect fit for this team?
nerd.gif

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

I hope you're just putting these together and not comparing them. Rose is a ton different than Deron. Bogans and Miles? Naw.
laugh.gif
. AK47 is ultra-versatile, Deng is an efficient scorer and decent rebounder, that's all. Millsap is a more versatile scorer and Noah is a much better defender. Okur and Gibson? Similar in what way? Wes Matthews and CJ Watson? What?
laugh.gif

Or are just saying that they have a lot of the former Jazz players? in which case yeah.

Bro of course players aren't going to match up exactly alike, I meant overall skill/talent.

So basically I was asking, are the Bulls better than what Utah has been in the past few years? And to explain.

Originally Posted by PMatic

NO.

And yes, the Bulls should look to upgrade their SG. I like Brewer but he's overrated on defense and a liability on offense. Bogans shouldn't see more than 10 MPG and Korver is one dimensional.
Yeah, I didn't think it would be a popular idea,
laugh.gif
but he definitely works as the first big off the bench, and could fill in either Noah OR Boozer as long as the other is on the floor.

Am I the only one who thought JJ would have been a perfect fit for this team?
nerd.gif

Williams-Rose
Miles-Bogans
AK-47-Deng
Boozer-Boozer
Millsap-Noah
Okur-Gibson
Brewer-Brewer
Korver-Korver
Matthews-Watson

I hope you're just putting these together and not comparing them. Rose is a ton different than Deron. Bogans and Miles? Naw.
laugh.gif
. AK47 is ultra-versatile, Deng is an efficient scorer and decent rebounder, that's all. Millsap is a more versatile scorer and Noah is a much better defender. Okur and Gibson? Similar in what way? Wes Matthews and CJ Watson? What?
laugh.gif

Or are just saying that they have a lot of the former Jazz players? in which case yeah.

Bro of course players aren't going to match up exactly alike, I meant overall skill/talent.

So basically I was asking, are the Bulls better than what Utah has been in the past few years? And to explain.

Nah. The Bulls strive on defense. Those recent Jazz teams tried to focus on defense, but a front-court of Okur/Boozer/Millsap would have never gotten it done on defense.

Noah/Boozer/Gibson/Deng is a very formidable front-court ANYWHERE in the L.

Front-courts really have gotten it done past few years. Other than Kobe, the strength of the Lakers is their front-court. Same with Boston. Teams are really loading up their front-courts to try and gain an advantage defensively and with rebounding.

The Bulls have that.

James Johnson+Deng could net SOMETHING couldn't it? Hell, look at Arron Afflalo, he's been a really good SG, good defender, been really taking advantage of his situation, I'd like to see him in that Bulls team, maybe not in that starting five, but as that guy along with Taj coming off the bench.

Just throwing out names... Stephen Jackson? Jason Richardson next year? John Salmons? Rip Hamilton?

Nah. The Bulls strive on defense. Those recent Jazz teams tried to focus on defense, but a front-court of Okur/Boozer/Millsap would have never gotten it done on defense.

Front-courts really have gotten it done past few years. Other than Kobe, the strength of the Lakers is their front-court. Same with Boston. Teams are really loading up their front-courts to try and gain an advantage defensively and with rebounding.

The Bulls have that.

James Johnson+Deng could net SOMETHING couldn't it? Hell, look at Arron Afflalo, he's been a really good SG, good defender, been really taking advantage of his situation, I'd like to see him in that Bulls team, maybe not in that starting five, but as that guy along with Taj coming off the bench.

Just throwing out names... Stephen Jackson? Jason Richardson next year? John Salmons? Rip Hamilton?

The Bulls have that.
So I guess the big difference between Jazz/Bulls is Millsap turning into Noah/Gibson defensively. Like I said, even though they don't have a pretty record to start, Bulls just look legit.

The Bulls have that.
So I guess the big difference between Jazz/Bulls is Millsap turning into Noah/Gibson defensively. Like I said, even though they don't have a pretty record to start, Bulls just look legit.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

The Bulls have that.
I mean, Noah is just a lot more active than Millsap. Millsap is a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't have the tenacity that Noah does. That's no slack on Millsap, it's just Noah is an outstanding Center in a league full of wanna-be Centers.

The Bulls have that.
I mean, Noah is just a lot more active than Millsap. Millsap is a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't have the tenacity that Noah does. That's no slack on Millsap, it's just Noah is an outstanding Center in a league full of wanna-be Centers.

No I agree with you. Millsap is a rugged rebounder but as a man to man defender Noah is near the top. And Noah is just taller as well.

No I agree with you. Millsap is a rugged rebounder but as a man to man defender Noah is near the top. And Noah is just taller as well.

It's what I think would make them a huge contender in the East. I mean they took Boston to the limit not that long ago, with a far inferior team IMO.

Boston is the only team I'd be scared of if I were Chicago once Booz comes back.

It's what I think would make them a huge contender in the East. I mean they took Boston to the limit not that long ago, with a far inferior team IMO.

Boston is the only team I'd be scared of if I were Chicago once Booz comes back.

RIP would be a good hit...his mid range game is money.

but trading bad contract for a bad contract = a redundant trade for Detroit, although they definitely need to just let those youngins run loose and pray for another lottery pick next year.

Back
Top Bottom