OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Good win for the Heat tonite tho.
pimp.gif

considering how well westbrook did off the ball in the world championships, is anyone as perplexed as i am that brooks doesn't try playing westbrook and maynor together?

especially against the mavs, who frequently throw out lineups that don't have size in the backcourt

this just isn't a good series for either perk or thabo (especially perk)

Damn, the playoffs are makin people CRAZY. 

I just seen a dude say that Durant got a "free pass" for an epic collapse in last year's playoffs. 

And now people wanna lop Russell's head off this postseason.  Is it me, or are people demanding titles from OKC like right now? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Where the hell is all that comin from?  OKC already wore out it's welcome, and they barely getting started. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

My prediction is rematch of '06 in the Finals and same result. I feel like there is no point in wathching basketball anymore this season.

i see this happening too.  Might even win in 5 games.

People love to overreact and be NT analysts. Especially those whose teams are long gone. You should know that CP
laugh.gif

Kevin Durant in the very first playoff series of his career was being guarded by the best permiter defender of the last 10 years Ron Artest, that guy Ron Artest also happens to be the exact type of defender that KD struggles to score against.
Russel Westbrook was being guarded by Derek Fishers reanimated corpse.

Uh yeah I'll give him a pass on that.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Kevin Durant in the very first playoff series of his career was being guarded by the best permiter defender of the last 10 years Ron Artest, that guy Ron Artest also happens to be the exact type of defender that KD struggles to score against.

ohwell.gif

Exactly my thoughts in less than 2 seconds.  I quoted the dude who called it an epic collapse like
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
  It's Xtap though, so I assume a Lebron agenda is in play there.  Call me crazy. 
laugh.gif

^ i think our biggest problem this series has been coaching..

it's become obvious our best lineup is westbrook/maynor, harden, KD, collison and ibaka

and i don't get why brooks doesn't try out maynor and westbrook together when dallas throws out barea and terry

also not sure why narz hasn't played in the last 2 games (played 2 mins in game 2)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

ohwell.gif

Exactly my thoughts in less than 2 seconds.  I quoted the dude who called it an epic collapse like
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
  It's Xtap though, so I assume a Lebron agenda is in play there.  Call me crazy. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 no wonder.

^
That's funny, I was askin about the Bulls best lineup last night on Twitter.  I was askin if Gibson/Noah/Deng/Korver/Rose would work out for them in a small ball type setting.  Korver would be the weak link Defensively, but still help space them on offense, the other 4 can cover for Korver. 

I asked this because once again, Boozer put up good numbers, yet sucked the whole night.  He was getting blocked at the rim over and over, but had a real nice second and third quarters.  He also missed about 5 bunnies. 
laugh.gif
  But hey, he got those numbers up, his rep will go on. 
roll.gif

I'd like to see them try this.  Gibson/Noah/Deng/Korver/Rose   Only problem would be who would check Wade?  Bulls flat out needed to get a SG at the deadline.  I wouldn't have given up Asik either, but they needed an upgrade big time.  I assume that will be their focus in the offseason.  Wonder if JR Smith is watchin this series smilin somewhere.......

^ the only way i move asik is to get something big in return

the players i would be willing to move if i was GM, would be in this order (excluding the obvious):
boozer (obviously)
any expiring contracts
draft picks
deng (yes his defense would be missed.. but his contract is still a burden)
reluctantly gibson (not sure anything was available worth giving him up though)

and has chicago tried playing asik and noah together? considering noah has the lateral quickness to guard most PFs

obviously OJ mayo would look great with chicago.. a lineup of rose, mayo, deng, noah/gibson and noah/asik would look nice

or if they could get iggy: rose, iggy, deng, noah/gibson and noah/asik

are the bulls pretty much stuck with boozer? would any team take on that contract?

Boozer, Deng and Noah are locked up for the foreseeable future. Rose is eligible for an extension this summer. Gibson will be eligible for an extension next summer and Asik is a free agent next summer.

Chicago has some paying to do the next few years, but they're a big market that should be able to get away with it.

^ that's my point, i would trade boozer for anything if i was chicago just to get rid of the contract (and just try to keep gibson and asik to go with noah)

but would someone even trade for boozer considering his contract goes through to the 2015 summer?

Boozer is worth more to the Bulls (or he was at least) than he is to other teams unless they're contending and/or desperate.

The Bulls do have one ace in the hole in the Bobcats' 2012 first round pick. They also have two late first round picks this year but I suspect those won't be worth much.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Boozer is worth more to the Bulls (or he was at least) than he is to other teams unless they're contending and/or desperate.

The Bulls do have one ace in the hole in the Bobcats' 2012 first round pick. They also have two late first round picks this year but I suspect those won't be worth much.
IS the Bobcats pick protected at all?

I don't know the silly rules the NBA has about picks, but could the Bulls package the 2 lates this year, and the Bob's pick next year together and move up in this draft?  Is there a SG in this draft that would help them?  Top 10ish-12ish type guy. 

Otherwise I think they just go hard for either Mayo or JR in the offseason.  Either one would work, JR maybe being a better fit with his shooting, but that's also the riskier move as well. 

how much did dirk score against miami the season?... if we see each other in the finals it will be a grind out

Back
Top Bottom