OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

The Mike Brown rumors don't make much sense to me either... I wouldn't want to consider him for the head coach for LA, especially when they're trying to bounce back from this past post season.

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Lakers Contact Adelman About Coaching Vacancy[/h3]
May 21, 2011 1:03 PM EDT

Adelman_Rick_hou_091110.jpg

The Lakers are slowly reaching out to coaching candidates, contacting Rick Adelman to officially express an interest in him to replacePhil Jackson.

The three decision-makers for the Lakers' coaching search — owner Jerry Buss and executives Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak — continued the gradual momentum from their meeting Tuesday in which they drew up an official list.

Former Lakers coach Mike Dunleavy and current Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw are also candidates. Former Cleveland coach Mike Brown is considered the front-runner for theGolden State coaching job, though the Lakers are somewhat interested in him too.

Considering the Lakers / Kings rivalry back in the early 00's this would take some getting used to.
eek.gif

Adelman is the best fit for the Lakers given his style and personality.
McHale leader for Rockets job

With a strong, late push in the search process, Kevin McHale has emerged as the frontrunner for the Houston Rockets coaching vacancy, multiple league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday.

No final decision has officially been reached, nor are contract negotiations underway, but McHale has clearly separated himself from Dallas Mavericks assistant Dwane Casey and Boston Celtics assistant Lawrence Frank, sources said. McHale made a strong final impression in conversations with Houston officials on Thursday in Chicago, and could receive a formal offer in the next week.

Rockets owner Les Alexander must still ultimately sign off on recommendation of GM Daryl Morey and his front office staff.
Link

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

[h3][/h3]

The Lakers are slowly reaching out to coaching candidates, contacting Rick Adelman to officially express an interest in him to replacePhil Jackson.

The three decision-makers for the Lakers' coaching search — owner Jerry Buss and executives Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak — continued the gradual momentum from their meeting Tuesday in which they drew up an official list.

Former Lakers coach Mike Dunleavy and current Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw are also candidates. Former Cleveland coach Mike Brown is considered the front-runner for theGolden State coaching job, though the Lakers are somewhat interested in him too.

Considering the Lakers / Kings rivalry back in the early 00's this would take some getting used to.
eek.gif

would be a very good signing IMO

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

[h3][/h3]

eek.gif

would be a very good signing IMO

Out of all the candidates yes, but a part of me just thinks he's going to try to sabotage us for all the SAC/LAL stuff in the early 2000s

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn,
laugh.gif

Lionel Hollins is on NBATV, less than a week after getting eliminated. Kinda weird.
laugh.gif
Gotta make that paper before the lockout. 
laugh.gif

Yooo, you know how they just let that guy Rick talk showing highlights and then post game interivews. I'm hearing Hollins voice like is that Lionel Hollins?
laugh.gif
 Waiting and waiting through a bunch of highlights I already saw to see that I'm not bugging out.

This narrative ESPN is pushing where Westbrook is some team cancer preventing the humble good ol boy Durant from winning is annoying me. Durant had a $!%# game last night and all I hear is that it's westbrooks fault

Durant had a !@+# game and was probably still every bit as good as Westbrook...

Russ scored 30 and still kinda sucked last night.

I said it last year during the LeBron situation but the media and fans build you up just to try to take you down later. Last year the media was gushing over "KD" and "Westbrook" for their humble attitudes and the fact that both of these guys were the "anti-Lebron," but look at them now. The media is overreacting with Russell, and it is only a matter of time before they see through the one-dimensional nature of KD's game to come after him next. Derrick Rose will be next after them.

@AlexKennedyNBA A lot of rumors get tossed around when the entire league is in one building, but it sounds like Jennings is staying in Milwaukee.
@AlexKennedyNBA The rumor that Brandon Jennings is available doesn't appear to have any substance. Sources close to the situation shot it down.
Who to believe? Either way, it was all good a year ago for the Bucks. What the hell was John Hammond thinking handing out all that money last summer.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Durant had a !@+# game and was probably still every bit as good as Westbrook...

Russ scored 30 and still kinda sucked last night.

he made some bonehead plays at the end. I'm not saying he's a perfect player. But westbrook was the only reason they were in the game to begin with. So when Duant has an off game it's all on Russ? seriously?
he isn't some delinquent team saboteur which is what ESPN has been pushing. And if he is, Durant and or the coach better step up and say something. MJ or Kobe would have went off on him already if they truly felt he was a detriment to the team.

I remember ppl last night saying they saw KD tell wesbrook to take over.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I said it last year during the LeBron situation but the media and fans build you up just to try to take you down later. Last year the media was gushing over "KD" and "Westbrook" for their humble attitudes and the fact that both of these guys were the "anti-Lebron," but look at them now. The media is overreacting with Russell, and it is only a matter of time before they see through the one-dimensional nature of KD's game to come after him next. Derrick Rose will be next after them.

Between forming a super team and the television show Bron did a good job of pissing people off. That was gonna happen regardless of what the media said after.Honestly most members of the media are still in love with lebron. The main people going at him were former athletes.
 But I agree with you. That's what the media is there for. Build you up and take you down. It's nothing new.  

I'm not saying it's all on Russ but KD can't be perfect every night... Russ was dreadful in Games 1 and 2 and was still pretty bad last night. He's got to get it together.

Russ ''took over'' last night and was still 8-20 with 4 assists and 7 turnovers... That's not a good game. He shot a couple shots and forced the issue a couple of times down the stretch it looked like he had a case of hero-itis after being benched in Game 2.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by aepps20

Between forming a super team and the television show Bron did a good job of pissing people off. That was gonna happen regardless of what the media said after.Honestly most members of the media are still in love with lebron. The main people going at him were former athletes.
 But I agree with you. That's what the media is there for. Build you up and take you down. It's nothing new.  
I agree, my point with LeBron was that before the "Decision" he was hyped and loved because he was billed as the anti-Kobe(team player), then Durant, Westbrook and Rose were billed as the anti-Lebron(humble guys that won't take the easy route).  Players need to be very wary when the media loves them because they aren't like someone else because it will only be a matter of time before they screw up and the media is lifting up another player because they aren't them.

Back
Top Bottom