OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Zyzz

ehhh i dont know why they gave him 5 years, hes gonna end up getting fired in 2 IMO. they always give out these stupid deals and never work out.
Yep I give him 3 years max on that before getting fired
Maybe Doc knew that too. Getting paid 5 mill a year for the next 2 or 3 doing nothing but watching your son play ball
laugh.gif

Miami in 6. I think it will be a close series all the way through.

regular season match-ups mean little, but especially with this series. LeBron missed one, Noah missed one and Joel Anthony (I know that sounds funny, but I think everyone saw his value vs Boston) was out of the rotation for one. One time they were both at current full strength, Bosh goes 1-18 and they couldn't hold on. So, not a whole to take from anything.

LeBron has had his way with Deng for his career and not sure who slows down Wade, either. They get anything from Bosh/shooters, they should be okay.

Chicago's best shot and biggest advantage is to beat them up on the offensive glass. Which they very well may do. & Rose is going to have be more efficient than the first 2 rounds, that's for sure.

LeBron has had his way with Deng for his career and not sure who slows down Wade, either. They get anything from Bosh/shooters, they should be okay.

Keith Bogans would be my guess as to who guards Wade, with Ronnie Brewer off the bench. Maybe Brewer plays a bigger role in this series?

I hope Taj has a bigger role this series, because they can definitely kill them on the boards as long as they stay efficient.

Originally Posted by CP1708

CP1708 wrote:
I didn't expect Miami to get past Boston at the start of the season. 

Before the playoffs I changed my mind and picked them to beat Boston, but with the possible thought that if Boston got right mentally (the Perkins stuff) they might make a run. 

Before the playoffs I picked Chicago to beat Miami.  But after the first 2 series for both teams, I don't like what I see from Chicago (yet) but I have liked what I have seen out of Wade and Bron.  (literally, no one else) 

Can 2 take down entire teams? 
ohwell.gif

Well, I saw Kobe and Shaq do it before.  I saw Mike and Scottie do it.  (Bulls fans nod in agreement) So I can see Miami pulling this off.  And frankly, Chicago sorta reminds me of Cleveland the last couple years.  (I've said this for a couple months now) 

If Chicago wants to win, they MUST win games 1 and 2 at home.  That's their shot.  Put doubt in their mind.  If they let Miami see them rattle or "bleed' so to speak, I think Miami goes all in and defeats them.  Win those first two games at home though, and you sit in the drivers seat and just try to lean on Miami and hope the pressure builds on Bron and Wade so much they try to force too much. 

So while I picked Chi about a month ago, I'll say Heat close out in 6 at home. 

Either way, hope for a great series, some OT's, maybe make it to 7 games, would be a lot of fun to watch. 
Allen?  How you see the series? 

I posted ONE time in that thread, and that will be that.  That thing is a friggin cluster @#$% 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I heard something about Chi puttin Noah on Bosh and hiding Booz on Anthony.  Is that what they've done all year?  Seems pretty smart. 

And Wade will track Rose thru the series? 
eek.gif
  That's a LOT of runnin around for Wade, Bulls gotta hope they can run him into the ground and have Noah on Bosh.  That leaves Bron to have a big big series production wise. 

But goin thru the Boston D is a great warmup for Chicago, and I just don't see where the Bulls can get enough scoring from.  I see a lot of 88-85 type games comin our way. 
CP, Noah guarded Bosh in the last 2 regular season meetings so I imagine it will remain the same for the series..I also expect Taj to guard him as well when Noah's out.  Booz will hide against Anthony/Big Z, etc.

On Miami's side, they've used Chalmers for the first 3 quarters or so on Rose and Bron/Wade taking turns in the 4th in the last two meetings.  To save Wade's legs, they'll probably do the same for this series.  For Chicago to win, the keys will be for Booz to surpass or at least match what Bosh gives MIA, beat up MIA on the glass, and the bench will need to play with energy,  D, and some timely scoring. 

Noah on Bosh makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than Booz on Bosh.

Joel isn't that long is he? Booz can handle that.

tumblr_lkuob2x9V41qatjx3.jpg

Happy Friday the 13th, yall.
pimp.gif

I think they'll try and go more offense/defense w/Korver and Brewer and try to get Korver going because they'll need him to be bigger in this series. I would love to see Bron at the 4 the whole series, that lineup has been killing it so far in the playoffs.

I don't want to seem like I'm writing off the Bulls but I don't see Miami losing more than 2 games if that.

Good read on Phil. But nothing new really. He is arguably the best coach of all time, but everyone wants to see him coach a scrub team that doesn't need his expert "management" skills.

Can't wait to see the Grizz respond to the Thunder tonite. Should be fun.

My dad met David Falk today and he told him Bernard King was a cross dresser.
And Doc won't be fired after two years....next year will be a wash, and then we should reload with some new guys so he'll have plenty of time after that.

Sam Young got his car stolen earlier today. The day of a big game. Smh

Some people in Memphis are ruthless

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

good idea with someone trying to keep that bum from showing up

Damn, tough break.

I was hearing whispers that he might log some heavier minutes tonight since the Grizzlies not be desperate to get the win.

I hope it don't mess with his head too much, dude is young.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bum might be a tad strong, but agreed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

im not sure if its mentioned yet, but i saw on espn that shaq never lead a year in rebounding?

he avgs 10.9 for his career which IMO for someone his size is horrible.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Bum might be a tad strong, but agreed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
In Mikes world, everyone is a bum.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Damn, tough break.

I was hearing whispers that he might log some heavier minutes tonight since the Grizzlies not be desperate to get the win.

Wait, what? You said the Grizz might not be desperate to get the win?
laugh.gif

Where you hear that from?

Damn, tough break.

laugh.gif

Not Chris Vernon
laugh.gif
listening to this guy through out the playoffs has been hilarious
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Damn, tough break.

laugh.gif

Not Chris Vernon
laugh.gif
listening to this guy through out the playoffs has been hilarious
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

DeMarcus.
pimp.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

bhzmafia14 wrote:

It was probably Tony Allen.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm rooting for the Grizz to push it to 7 tonight, but I see the Thunder winning the series. I Think they'll close out tonight.

The Tentative Schedule: Looks like this ...

Sunday: Game 1 at Dallas [if OKC-Mem ends in six games], 2:30 p.m. (ABC)

Tuesday, May 17: Game 1 or 2 at Dallas, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Thursday, May 19: Game 2 at Dallas [if OKC-Mem goes seven games], 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Saturday, May 21: Game 3 at Oklahoma City/Memphis, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Monday, May 23: Game 4 at Oklahoma City/Memphis, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Wednesday, May 25: Game 5* at Dallas, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Friday, May 27: Game 6* at Oklahoma City/Memphis, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

Sunday, May 29: Game 7* at Dallas, 8 p.m. (ESPN)

So it looks like if MEM/OKC goes 6, there's a 3 day gap between games.

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom