[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

Real Mets fans don't EVER cheer for the Yanks.

i am a mets fan but i hate the phillies a lot more.
yankees i hate with all my heart, but atleast they rep new york
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

Real Mets fans don't EVER cheer for the Yanks.
That's not true. That's like saying REAL Yankee fans don't cheer for the Mets.

If it's RedSox vs Mets, there's no way that a true Yankee fan will cheer for the Sox. No chance in hell.

Bos/Yanks rivalry is like 100+ years old, Mets/Phils is only 3 years.

I don't have an issue with Philly players, more so their ugly fan base.

I'd easily take the banter from Philly fans over the douche bag Yankee fans yelling "27 - 27" any day of the week.

Ya mets fans are just confused
laugh.gif

why would you root for your rivals?

thats like yankee fans rooting for the red sox... where they do that at?

Whatever, Mez and QF.

I hate the Yankees but I've come to hate the Phillies a LOT more. We're looking at their rear-end in the division three years running; the Yankees wesee 3-6 games a year.

You've picked your side for your reasons, I picked mine for my reasons.

See you guys in the off-season/season threads.

holdenmichael:
I'm doing this from my phone, so this is going to take longer than normal, but it looks like Mez and jrp had threads made at midnight EST.

That right?

If so, you two pick a number, 0-100. Closest one gets the thread.

PM me the number you pick you so I don't have to fish back and forth between threads.
What?! You finally joined the 21st century? Last I remember (probably a couple of years ago) you only rocked the free phones or something like that
laugh.gif

I merged the two threads and led w/ Mez's thread because his was started 60 seconds earlier.
Actually, I've barely had my phone a couple months (a Palm Treo 755p). Yeah, I had a stupid Walmart prepaid phone through Alltell. SO gladthose days are over!

As far as joining the 21st century, I don't know about that, 'cause I'm still relying on primitive 'rock, paper, scissors' types of methodswhile you're merging threads together like some crazy computer guy or something.
laugh.gif

But yeah, much better call on the merge.
smokin.gif

Now that replies as a staff are out of the way for me, on to my real reply for the thread...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Mets+Phillies+Logo.jpg

Go Phillies!
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
WOW.

IDGAF what they say... if you're a Met fan and rooting for a division rival over you're city rival who you only play 6 times out the season, i can't honor that.

Red Sox/Mets WS I'm going for the Mets without hesitation.

I agree with you, I told myself I would never root for the Phillies. But now that we are actually here, I can't bring myself to root for the yankees. Thething is I don't have to deal with PHilly fans on a daily basis. I hate the yankees too much, the smugness of there fans, the entitlement. Just can't.It hurts me to say this but go phillies.

smh.gif

Salty forever.

Like you said before, if it's a Red Sox/Mets WS...I'm rootin' for the Mets with no shame. And it's not even cuz I live over here and gotta hearit from Sox fans all the time. With the exception of the Giants/Jets, I want ALL NY teams to succeed.

Props to SHUGES and Rell.

Anyways...this will be a TOUGH series for the Yankees. This is a team who has GREAT starting pitching, a GREAT lineup and are the defending champions. ThePhillies are capable of beating the Yanks in a 7 Game series...I hope some of us understand that. Hopefully the Yankees step it up...everyone in the bullpenbesides Mo certainly needs to. AND GET HITS WITH RISP MOTHER *$$%#%%.

No predictions...this should be a damn good series.

Let's get that 27th 'chip.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Mets+Phillies+Logo.jpg

Go Phillies!
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
WOW.

IDGAF what they say... if you're a Met fan and rooting for a division rival over you're city rival who you only play 6 times out the season, i can't honor that.

Red Sox/Mets WS I'm going for the Mets without hesitation.

I agree with you, I told myself I would never root for the Phillies. But now that we are actually here, I can't bring myself to root for the yankees. The thing is I don't have to deal with PHilly fans on a daily basis. I hate the yankees too much, the smugness of there fans, the entitlement. Just can't. It hurts me to say this but go phillies.
life is short, dont hate so much.

I agree with you, I told myself I would never root for the Phillies. But now that we are actually here, I can't bring myself to root for the yankees. The thing is I don't have to deal with PHilly fans on a daily basis. I hate the yankees too much, the smugness of there fans, the entitlement. Just can't. It hurts me to say this but go phillies.
I'm a Phillies fan and I completely agree with you. Mets are second rate to the Yanks and dudes actually want them to have more distance inyour city? Ok then. At least against the Phills yall can beat us every year and get revenge but how hard is it to get respect in your own city though?

That being said Phills in 6.

Im taking the Yankees in 6. A Rod is gonna have another big series and CC is gonna be unhittable.

Back
Top Bottom