[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by DSK aka iLLoQuent13

Props to SHUGES and Rell.
blackwhitecookie.gif

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I agree with you, I told myself I would never root for the Phillies. But now that we are actually here, I can't bring myself to root for the yankees. The thing is I don't have to deal with PHilly fans on a daily basis. I hate the yankees too much, the smugness of there fans, the entitlement. Just can't. It hurts me to say this but go phillies.
I'm a Phillies fan and I completely agree with you. Mets are second rate to the Yanks and dudes actually want them to have more distance in your city? Ok then. At least against the Phills yall can beat us every year and get revenge but how hard is it to get respect in your own city though?

That being said Phills in 6.

I don't quite have a problem with Yankee fans lately because the team hasn't won in 9 years. Maybe I just haven't seen enough smugnessfrom the Yankee fans I see on a day to day basis to make an accurate call but it's the Phillies fans I have more of an issue with. Factor that in alongwith the Eagles owning the Giants last year and that is why the Yankees get my endorsement this year.

Ahhhh...the good ol' NY and Philadelphia rivalry.
laugh.gif
That being said, I have no hate for the Yankees.....but the Phillies are my team..gotta go with myheart on this one..

..and please..please keep rooting for the Yankees. It seems to motivate the Phillies each and every time.
grin.gif
Go Phillies!!
pimp.gif

We aren't scared

bring on A Roid and the rest of the Yankees

Yankee Stadium favors the Phillies line up even more than the Yankees line up

the key for the Phils IMO is Cole Hamels

Met fans rooting for Philadelphia is beyond me.

If it's Mets/Sox, there's no way in hell I'm rooting for Boston. Say what you want about one rivalry being older than the other. Fact is over thelast 4-5 years the rivalries have been at the same intensity.

Even so, if it was Mets/TB or any of those other scumbag teams from the East no sensible Yankee fan would root for any of them.

Try and justify your position but it's pretty dumb to me.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If it's Mets/Sox, there's no way in hell I'm rooting for Boston. Say what you want about one rivalry being older than the other. Fact is over the last 4-5 years the rivalries have been at the same intensity.

Even so, if it was Mets/TB or any of those other scumbag teams from the East no sensible Yankee fan would root for any of them.

Really Pro? You would rather the Mets win, than the Rays? I dont know if I believe you would rather hear from Mets fans that they run NY for awhole year. Because that is what you would hear. But it is what it is. I gotta go with the Phillies for personal reasons. And humiliation bets that I havegoing on. Plus I just dont want to hear about the Yankees for a whole year. Im just glad next season starts the rivalry between us early.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

If it's Mets/Sox, there's no way in hell I'm rooting for Boston. Say what you want about one rivalry being older than the other. Fact is over the last 4-5 years the rivalries have been at the same intensity.

Really Pro? You would rather the Mets win, than the Rays? I dont know if I believe you would rather hear from Mets fans that they run NY for a whole year. Because that is what you would hear. But it is what it is. I gotta go with the Phillies for personal reasons. And humiliation bets that I have going on. Plus I just dont want to hear about the Yankees for a whole year. Im just glad next season starts the rivalry between us early.

The Knicks will be in the Finals before that situation ever occurs, but yes. There's no way I'd ever root for the Rays, the O's, the blow jobs orthe Sawx over any team. But that's just me. I've had the opportunity to see all of the teams in the division be good over my lifetime. So I couldnever root for either one of them.

BTW that was more of a shot at the Rays than the Mets before anyone gets butt hurt.

thats OD. i've been a yankee fan for a long *@+ time, and Mets vs Rays im rooting for the Rays. Yea they are a rival (Rays), but it is nowhere near thesame as the Sox rivalry...that goes beyond just being in the division.

Mets/Sox ill root for Mets. Anyone else vs Mets i'll root for the AL. It ain't that serious...only the Orioles I think come close to the Sox level.

Great series, tons of subplots. But damn it's gonna be a cold world series in New York and Philly.

Don't really care who wins, either way is fine. Jeter and Mo with 5, and Arod with his first, or the Phils repeat. Good things either way.
pimp.gif

The Yankees represent everything that is wrong with the world. That's why I can't root for them.

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

venom lyrix wrote:
Im so disappointed that theres no Yankee Stadium patch on the back.You thinks these hats will sell out fast? I wont be able to get one until friday
smh.gif
smh.gif

there is, the 2 hats pics are the same 1, i bought 2 it has both patches on it

Some of the jabs at the Yanks are already so laughable. The payroll (Phils are right up there) The talk about 27 (tired of hearing it? To *+*#!%% bad!) ThePhils fans rooting for their hated rivals (That one had me dying) Thats like me rooting for the Red Sox, I dont give a crap how long the rivalry is for its arivalry!! And of course win or lose Mets fans will be right back hating the Phils after this is over, its just plain sad.

Someone else said it best in here. I LOVE THE YANKEE HATE. Means we are GREAT again!!! Yanks in 5 show these NL bums what real baseball is.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by ClevelandRocks

Baseball season is almost over.
pimp.gif

lets traffic FOR EVERYONE, just counting down the days
O yea, because the "Kobe eats Rasin Bran for breakfast before every game" Threads are so much more entertaining than baseball threads.Not a shot at you just an observation that the average age of basketball fans on this board has to be 12, with the arguments that go on in some of thosethreads. I cant even post in basketball or football threads like that on here because of how dudes argue about nothing/bring up Kobe or Bron in everybasketball related thread whether it has something to do with them or not.

But its all good. Baseball will be back in like 2 months with the winter meetings and offseason threads.

And just to add. I am just as big of a basketball/football fan as I am of baseball. I just find the threads related to baseball are more intriging and morethought provoking.

As much as I hate the yanks they will take it in 5. Yankees can match them offensively, got advantage in the pen and with 2 lefties in the rotation it'sgoing to come down to howard, utley and ibanez not being able to hit CC and Pettite. Man it's nauseating thinking of the yankees and lakers winning chipsthe same year.

Originally Posted by MJKIDD2345

As much as I hate the yanks they will take it in 5. Yankees can match them offensively, got advantage in the pen and with 2 lefties in the rotation it's going to come down to howard, utley and ibanez not being able to hit CC and Pettite. Man it's nauseating thinking of the yankees and lakers winning chips the same year.
the slight edge goes to the yankees, but if phillies can split the first two, they got a chance.
phillies did rough up cc, last year. grant it, it was last season. im still waiting for cc to throw up a bad game. i just dont trust aj burnett.

whats gonna be phillies rotation?
i would go lee/pedro/cole/blanton
save cole at hm and have pedro pitch at yankee stadium (he should be use to big gm environment)

gonna be fun/adventure watching these bullpens. madson/lidge and joba
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

That Yankee fitted is going to become a hypebeast staple piece.

Deadass you've posted in every yankee related thread more than anyone else on NT. Ai fan I know your a closet yankee lover just admit it to the world itsso obvious my man. No one could hate a team so much they hit their post limit everyday posting in their thread. How many times a day do u have to display youryankee hate/love
laugh.gif
we get it ai fan your a die hard sox fan
grin.gif
yeaighh
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom