[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

I doubt in game 4 lee will be
pimp.gif
again like that
4 starts in the postseason so far.

Here are his stats

vs. COL - 9 IP - 6 hits - 1 ER - 5 K's
vs. COL - 7.1 - 5 hits - 1 ER - 5 K's
vs. LAD - 8 IP - 3 hits - 0 ER - 10 K's
vs. NYY - 9 IP - 6 hits - 0 ER - 10 K's

I don't know where those doubts come but this guy won't be pitching bad games any time soon. When they vs. him again, it'll be the 2nd time facing him in the series so the hitters should have a better idea of how to work against Lee.

I ain't even mad at not winning tonight's game. But if we lose to Pedro tomorrow...
smh.gif
. Especially after runnin' his mouth again...

Cuz i think the Yankees hitters are gonna watch tape and see what he threw to them and adjust. I mean Jeter did his thing. Tex and Arod need to wake up. All ittakes in baseball is to jump on a pitcher real quick hopefully score runs to get him out of the game.. yanks 1-5 can easily do that.

Some quick notes:

Joe Girardi will not be announcing who will catch Burnett until sometime this afternoon, I guess.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Phil Hughes ducked the media after the game...not a good sign.

Yankees might call on CC to pitch in Game 4.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Might? I thought CC in game 4 was a foregone conclusion.

Word. It's already up on most sites as the match up
laugh.gif

Today is not a good day to be at work. Knicks, Yanks and Devils lost. They might as well bend me over my !#%%@@% desk.

sick.gif

Ill give it to Lee he was just in the zone last night. I mean the behind the back catch surprised him even.

I dont like Burnett under pressure but I know we can hit Pedro. Should be interesting tonight.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Like every WS, neither team should take anything for granted.

Baseball is unpredictable, and people rely upon the "on paper" argument too much.

I see nothing that suggests a Game 2 win is more likely for one team and not the other.

If you bring it, you win. Simple.
6fvbs1_th.jpg
Pretty much.

And
eek.gif
+
sick.gif
@ Lee's performance.

It will be interesting to see how Pedro pitches against his "Daddy" tonight.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Jay-Z is coming on Mike and Mike right now.
Please tell me your heard Greeny the other day rapping Basketball by Kurtis Blow. And then referred to Jay as Hov. $@%% was hilarious. Golic couldnot stop laughing. I was dying on my ride in to work that day.

Knowing both, I had wayyyyyyy more confidence in Cliff than CC last night. Thank you cliff, $.

Even though CC didn't pitch bad, he'll struggle with hitting spots in big games, Utley didn't miss.

Pedro tonight, can not get better. I have actually been really interested in the playoffs this year.

yankees have a good history in WS after losing game 1, hopefully that continues this year

the bullpen these days though...
ohwell.gif

I'm expecting a good amount of offense tonight both Pedro and AJ can get hit. We'll see who steps up more. Outside of Mariano I think bothbullpens' are pretty shaky.

I agree...AJ has been wild all post season...Hopefully he can go at least 6, but I see this one being a slugfest to be honest.

Cliff Lee rolled through the Bronx with swagger threw the dam roof, no1 was touching this guy
Spoiler [+]
aouuxi.gif

Pedro is gonna get hit hard (his velocity isn't an issue its his control), and even if he doesn't he will pitch 5-6 max. Problem is A.J will probablyget hit just as hard.

Who's going to be that solid bridge to Mariano?

I had a friend of mine, a Met fan who gives me %%#! when ever I say the word "Yankee", say he wants to see him them win over the Phillies. I screenprinted the AIM conversation with QUICKNESS
roll.gif

7:57 cannot come soon enough. The key for tonight's game is to get to Pedro, and get to him early, and for Burnett to be on top of his game for at least6-7 innings. It's a lot to ask out of him, so we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom