[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Hairston has good numbers against Pedro so I like the move to finally bench Swisher...

Guess who is throwing out the first pitch?

Paul+O%27Neill.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

lmao @ the leslie neilson airplane PS...the young ones
don't know about that.
I'm one of the younger ones here, but shirley I don't know about that.

NeeKo - Ill State of Mind (Feat. Deana Marie)
- They're trying to somehow get this guy to perform for game 3... this would bring down the house
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Who?

Anyway, Hairston and Molina?

*waves white flag*
Molina, yeah, but I'm fine with Harrison Jr. starting. If you're going off of matchup verse Pedro, he is the best option. Swisher is in aslump, Gardner can come in later on for speed/defense need be, Hinske can come in for his bat, and if it came down to it Swisher can come in. Starting Jerryallows Girardi to use his bench, and it gives him the best matchup against Pedro.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I haven't seen Hairston's stats against Pedro. Can someone post them?
10 hits in 27 lifetime at-bats (.370 BA), and a .907 OPS.

The New York Yankees announced today that they will open the Yankee Stadium Field Level and Great Hall to the public to watch the broadcast of the World Series Game 4 from Philadelphia on Sunday, November 1. (The opening will be dependent on weather conditions in Philadelphia permitting the game to be played.)
Turnstiles between Gates 4 and 6 will open at 7:00 p.m. for the 8:20 p.m. game. Fans can watch the Game in the Great Hall or in the opened sections of the Field Level.

"When we opened the Stadium for Game 3 in the ALCS, the response was positive and the energy from our fans was truly infectious. They really enjoyed coming together to watch the game," said Hal Steinbrenner, Yankees Managing General Partner. "Once we reached the World Series, we felt that it was the perfect time to open the Stadium again. We remain grateful for the support of the best fans in baseball."

Food and concession stands will be open and available to fans. NYY Steak and Hard Rock Café will also be open.
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...ent_id=7563796&vkey=pr_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

Originally Posted by bkmac

The New York Yankees announced today that they will open the Yankee Stadium Field Level and Great Hall to the public to watch the broadcast of the World Series Game 4 from Philadelphia on Sunday, November 1. (The opening will be dependent on weather conditions in Philadelphia permitting the game to be played.)
Turnstiles between Gates 4 and 6 will open at 7:00 p.m. for the 8:20 p.m. game. Fans can watch the Game in the Great Hall or in the opened sections of the Field Level.

"When we opened the Stadium for Game 3 in the ALCS, the response was positive and the energy from our fans was truly infectious. They really enjoyed coming together to watch the game," said Hal Steinbrenner, Yankees Managing General Partner. "Once we reached the World Series, we felt that it was the perfect time to open the Stadium again. We remain grateful for the support of the best fans in baseball."

Food and concession stands will be open and available to fans. NYY Steak and Hard Rock Café will also be open.
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news...ent_id=7563796&vkey=pr_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy

pimp.gif
in there.

YES is showing clips of Pedro and his history against the Yankees.

- Showed clip of him saying "Tip my cap, and call the Yankees my daddy", followed by footage of Yankee Stadium crowd chanting "Pedroooo!"and "Whos' your daddy?"

I want those chants LOUD tonight.

gonna be a good game

my gut tells me the yanks are gonna take this

but i hope i'm wrong

GO PHILS!!!!!!

Originally Posted by bkmac

- Harriston Jr. is getting the start over Swisher tonight in RF, a straight numbers matchup here. Jerry has 10 hits in 27 lifetime at-bats (.370 BA), and a .907 OPS.
- Molina is starting tonight over Posada, obviously to catch Burnett. I'm getting tired of it already.
Game 2 lineup for the Yankees (don't see the Phillies posted anywhere just yet).

YANKEES
Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Matsui DH
Cano 2B
Hairston RF
Cabrera CF
Molina C
Pitching: RHP A.J. Burnett (0-0, 4.42 ERA in postseason)
moving ibanez to left and making stairs the dh only change

[table][tr][td]Gameday Lineups[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NO.[/td] [td]PHILADELPHIA[/td] [td]NEW YORK[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1.[/td] [td]J. Rollins, SS[/td] [td]d. Jeter, SS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td]S. Victorino, CF[/td] [td]J. Damon, LF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td]C. Utley, 2B[/td] [td]M. Teixeira, 1B[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td]R. Howard, 1B[/td] [td]A. Rodriguez, 3B[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td]J. Werth, RF[/td] [td]H. Matsui, DH[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td]R. Ibanez, LF[/td] [td]R. Cano, 2B[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td]M. Stairs, DH[/td] [td]J. Hairston Jr., RF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td]P. Feliz, 3B[/td] [td]M. Cabrera, CF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td]C. Ruiz, C[/td] [td]J. Molina, C[/td] [/tr][/table]

@!@# THE YANKEES. BOUT TIME THEY MADE IT BACK TO THE SERIES AFTER 9 YEARS. BUMS. SPEND THE MOST MONEY BUT NEVER DO %%#+. THEY'LL LOSE.

Back
Top Bottom