[[ Official 2009 World Series Post: PHILLIES (2) @ YANKEES (3) Game 6 (11/04) ]]

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Like every WS, neither team should take anything for granted.

Baseball is unpredictable, and people rely upon the "on paper" argument too much.

I see nothing that suggests a Game 2 win is more likely for one team and not the other.

If you bring it, you win. Simple.
6fvbs1_th.jpg

game 2 is up for grabs... pedro has been lookin ill and burnett hasn't, hehas to prove us yankee fans right with the 16+ mill a year he gettin
i see yankees winning game 3... they can pick apart hamels isn't his era 7.++
I doubt in game 4 lee will be
pimp.gif
again like that

anyway

Offseason even if yankees win or not
they really gotta get rid of some bullpen
34 marte? gone
number 99 gone
etc etc
cant expect CC and Mariano to win every game

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by queensfinest2002

LOL @ a Mets mention, someone is tight. You're no better than the Cliff Lee slurpers when ya team wins, actin' like they the best thing since sliced bread.

Yanks with no DH will be
sick.gif

Better hope A.J actually shows up for once, if he pulls some of those 4-5 walk performances vs THIS TEAM......crooked numbers.
sick.gif

Why do you say that? Both teams will play without the DH, and we still have one of the most stacked lineups in the MLB.
Phils naturally play without the DH.

So Posada would obviously be catcher, how would their outfield look? Matsui obviously sits on the bench.

LOL @ a Mets mention, someone is tight. You're no better than the Cliff Lee slurpers when ya team wins, actin' like they the best thing since sliced bread.

Yanks with no DH will be
sick.gif

Better hope A.J actually shows up for once, if he pulls some of those 4-5 walk performances vs THIS TEAM......crooked numbers.
sick.gif

Why do you say that? Both teams will play without the DH, and we still have one of the most stacked lineups in the MLB.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

We can obviously play better.
Unless you play on the Yankees, I think that statement is best reserved for the people that actually play. ex; A-rod, Jeter, Sabathia, Swisher (who really couldn't play any worse), or Melky Cabrera.

Always gotta be all technical huh? Always filled w/ salt, are we?
laugh.gif

u kno wat i meant
indifferent.gif
I'm filled with salt? Your team lost. Why should I be mad for your team? That's your job.

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways...............

Our bats better get going game 2

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Glad game 1 is over. This Lee "swag" slurpage is just a little ridiculous like a lot of y'all is soppin his **** wild crazy like come on . Dude is a very good pitcher and pitched a great game tonight but it really is just 1 game. Only thing I ask is for YANKEE fans to take it 1 game at a time don't go jumpin in the hudson just yet, and if burnett pitches well tomorrow don't gimme that "I told u so" phils still took home field away from us if that means anything. Who knows we might play better in philly than expected, and to philly fans I don't give a **** about what y'all do y'all could jump on cars right now if y'all want but it ain't over till its over. Also, Phil Hughes is terrible right now I wouldn't want him pitching for my little league team he looks like he should pitch for the Mets. I don't even wanna talk about nick swisher

Rant over.
I find it funny you of all people say this.

Originally Posted by dland24

Man there have been a lot of idiotic things said in this thread tonight.
laugh.gif
exactly why im not going to go thru the previous 40 or so pages

cliff lee
eek.gif
yes i was surprised by his performance...i dont care how goodhes been all year...he absolutely brought it tonight.
CC pitched fine...couple mistakes. just wasnt the yankee offense's night.
when cliff lee stabbed that comebacker behind his back...you knew game 1 was a wrap

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Yanks with no DH will be
sick.gif

sick.gif

Phils naturally play without the DH.

So Posada would obviously be catcher, how would their outfield look? Matsui obviously sits on the bench.
Well, I can see the issue when Burnett is pitching in Philly, but I don't think it hurts us that much.

I don't think we'd be describing Lee as having "swag" if it was just about his pitching performance. That would just warrant him as a Yankeeeater.

the behind the back catch, the fly ball catch, and his nonchalant demeanor the whole game = swag.

Also, I think Yankee fans really are salty, no matter what they say or what they try to come off of... at least the cocky ones before the series started. Theyjust use
laugh.gif
's to make people think they cool with everything.

Great win tonight but it was only one win. Yanks gonna come out swinging tomorrow hopefully Pedro is on his A-game. I'm already excited.

just a terrific game by lee, for a second I actually was tuned into him more than us, dude was on some other %%*+ tonight

no excuses for our part fellas, we just got manhandled period

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

At the end of the day, at least we know that Jeter is gunna come through
Like I said earlier, it's too bad that he isn't a power hitter. He gets his hits, of course but the hitters behind him need to break out of these slumps...quickly.
Real talk.

Yanks with no DH will be
sick.gif
It's not like Matsui's been killin' it out there tho'.
Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

I doubt in game 4 lee will be
pimp.gif
again like that
4 starts in the postseason so far.

Here are his stats

vs. COL - 9 IP - 6 hits - 1 ER - 5 K's
vs. COL - 7.1 - 5 hits - 1 ER - 5 K's
vs. LAD - 8 IP - 3 hits - 0 ER - 10 K's
vs. NYY - 9 IP - 6 hits - 0 ER - 10 K's

I don't know where those doubts come but this guy won't be pitching bad games any time soon. When they vs. him again, it'll be the 2nd time facinghim in the series so the hitters should have a better idea of how to work against Lee.

I ain't even mad at not winning tonight's game. But if we lose to Pedro tomorrow...
smh.gif
. Especially after runnin' his mouth again...

Yeah we had no chance tonight against Lee...He was absolutely dominant. CC actually pitched well too, but our bats didn't show up at all
smh.gif

I'm not gonna lie, tomorrow is going to be huge...this reminds me of after the game 3 loss to the Angels...if we come out tomorrow with our A game and AJpitches well and our bats wake the #%%$ up, then we know that this team is still focused and wants to win it all..

With that said Lets go Yanks!

AJ definitely has me queezy . im not crazy about the idea of him having the world on his shoulders in a must win game. i think the yanks will shell pedro forthe simple fact that he no longer has the "pedro" fastball anymore. they're gonna sit on his soft stuff and hit him hard.

on the other hand, i can see aj having jitters and getting rocked. my wildcard is aceves comes in early and shuts em down and the yanks beat the bullpen.

ima say it now, yanks win gms 2, 3, 6, 7.

trust me im a genius ......

Anybody wanna play uncharted 2? PSN ID is the same as my nt username

And to the yankee fans being "the cocky ones" get real it goes both ways. The whole phillie team talk s*** get outta here with that

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Originally Posted by Statis22

Did that radar say Lee's still throwing 99 in the 9th?
Still throwing? I have NEVER seen Lee even reach 95.

he didn't have to.

This is the first WS that should give each team all they can handle and then some. I thought the layoff would affect the Phillies. Guess not.
laugh.gif

Cliff Lee
pimp.gif

Yanks definitely got manhandled by Lee. Hitters have to step up. Looking forward to game 2 can't be slacking it's the damn WS.

Back
Top Bottom