Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

Sanchez had some good moments over the course of the season, but overall he's been TRASH. I was trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but muchof his decision-making has been abysmal and has put the Jets two steps behind for every step ahead the great defense and running game has afforded them.

Yeah yeah, he's a rookie ok, but still, I can imagine the frustration some of you real Jets fans must be feeling if I (a Giants fan) end up in disgustafter watching this dude play. He has A LOT to work on for next season.

eh..I'm not willing to give up on Sanchez yet...after next year...we'll see.

I wonder why the Jets didn't run more yesterday.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

same. I mean he's shown flashes of being a superstar. I think he'll be alright, however... I'm looking at the offense on paper and I'm baffledto why he's struggling... I mean... we have a pretty good WR core in Edwards and Cotchery... a decent TE in Keller... One of the better running games inthe NFL and also a pretty legit OL. Is it the play-calling? Or is it because he tries a lil to hard and forces to many things?...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Sanchez had some good moments over the course of the season, but overall he's been TRASH. I was trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but much of his decision-making has been abysmal and has put the Jets two steps behind for every step ahead the great defense and running game has afforded them.

Yeah yeah, he's a rookie ok, but still, I can imagine the frustration some of you real Jets fans must be feeling if I (a Giants fan) end up in disgust after watching this dude play. He has A LOT to work on for next season.
It's #!!$+@% rough man, I can't even front. You sign up for it when you root for the Jets. This game was the type of game we are known tolose, and we didn't dissapoint
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anyway, in regards to Sanchez. He's been trying too hard all season long, plain and simple. He's trying to be the franchise QB right off the bat. Gottalove his enthusiasm, but it's costing the team, and himself. He just needs to settle down, play a smart game, and he will soon develop.

It's too funny listening reading the Jets forums I am a member of. People calling for Clemens to start the next two games, bring back Favre or Penningtonnext season and have Sanchez sit and watch (yes, that was a real thread)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

same. I mean he's shown flashes of being a superstar. I think he'll be alright, however... I'm looking at the offense on paper and I'm baffled to why he's struggling... I mean... we have a pretty good WR core in Edwards and Cotchery... a decent TE in Keller... One of the better running games in the NFL and also a pretty legit OL. Is it the play-calling? Or is it because he tries a lil to hard and forces to many things?...
probably b/c the game is still too fast for him.
he just needs to calm down and learn

i figured i would post this in the jets season thread, im going to be in new york in january so im thinking about going to the game against the bengals.

where would be the best place for me to get 1 ticket at the cheapest price, stubhub, ebay, or craigslist. or without trying to turn this into a buy sell oranything like that, if any of you jet fans have an extra ticket to the game but can't make it pm me.

i went to the first preseason game during the summer, so it would be pretty cool to go to the first and last jets home games this year.

dont know why but im still excited for this game today. hopefully we give em their first loss and at least take that from this season.

another year , another sunday headache, i swear if we ever win it all im dropping dead .......

It's possible for the Jets to beat the Colts today. Sanchez has to manage the game and try not to force anything. We have the number 1 overall defense andrunning game. The Colts defense has been allowing points lately and if we can run against them it will break them down and leave them open to easy play actionpasses and the such. When they start trying to get cute with the playcalling is when Sanchez struggles..This kid has to learn that when its not there you cantcreate anything by throwing to your best reciever in double and triple coverage. He shouldnt roll out to his left because for some reason many of his INT'shave come when hes on the run out of the pocket. If the D can step up and bang Manning around early maybe the Colts will look out for his safety and take himout of the game..After a 3-0 start its hard not to expect a lot from this team and seeing how theres still a small window of opportunity to make it into theplayoffs I don't want them to give up now..LETS GO JETS!

what exactly has to happen at this point for us to make it ?

i gave up keeping track after last week .........

Yeah, we're done
smh.gif

So what do the Jets have to do to come off the canvas and make the playoff grid in the last two weeks? First and foremost, they must merely defeat the Colts, undefeated, coming off a 10-day layoff since their last win, on the fast track of Lucas Oil Stadium.

Tall order.

If that gets done, the Jets must close out the regular season with a home win over Cincinnati. Those are Jobs 1 and 1-A.

So what else has to happen should the Jets get to 9-7? Let's assume the Baltimore Ravens (8-6) hold onto their first wild card position. Then for the Jets to get the second wild card, all three of these things must happen:

■ Miami (7-7) must lose one of its last two, home games against Houston (7-7) and Pittsburgh (7-7). The Jets still must get a game ahead of the Dolphins to get out of the AFC East for their "match of cards" against other interdivisional wild-card opponents.

■ Jacksonville (7-7) must lose one of its last two, road games at New England (9-5) and Cleveland (3-11). The Jaguars are still poison to the Jets but only if Baltimore maintains that top WC spot. More on that later.

■ Denver (8-6) must lose one of its last two, at Philadelphia (10-4) and home vs. Kansas City (3-11). Reasons for this are below.

If the Jets finish 9-7 and finally pass by the Dolphins at 8-8, they will likely enter the three-or-more-clubs wild card tiebreaker for clubs from different divisions. In order the tiebreaking criteria are:

■ Head-to-head sweep, which applies only if one team has defeated each of the other clubs or lost to each of the others.

■ Conference record.

■ Record in common games, minimum of four.

■ Strength of victory.

■ Strength of schedule.

The permutations are still many. But let's set up this scenario to show one possibility that even allows Jacksonville into the mix.

Let's say the Jets put it all together the final two games to finish 9-7. The Jags also win two to finish 9-7. The Dolphins fall to 8-8. Pittsburgh and Baltimore come in at 9-7 (with the Steelers getting the home win over the Ravens this Sunday). And Denver (loss at Philly, win over KC) comes in at 9-7.

First Pittsburgh is eliminated from the equation due to a worse AFC North record than Baltimore. Skip head-to-head sweep (Jets didn't play BAL or DEN). The Jaguars would have the best conference record at 8-4 and so would be the first wild card.

Back to first tiebreaker for the Jets, Baltimore and Denver. All have the same conference record at 7-5.

It comes down to winning percentage in games against common opponents, minimum of four. In fact, the Jets, Ravens and Broncos will have played four common opponents: Cincinnati, Indianapolis, New England and Oakland. The Ravens' record in games against those four would be 1-4. The Broncos' record would be 2-2.

The Jets' record would be 4-1. Second wild card to the Jets.

Give J-ville a loss and an 8-8 record and in the above scenario the Jets could then be playing for the first wild card. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The above is unofficial. Let me know if you think something's missing or you want to add to the discussion.

Jets head coach Rex Ryan will be speaking with reporters around 4:30 p.m. today. We'll stream his news conference live as usual and I'll have one more blog on Rex's remarks later today.

sick.gif
Good luck with all that.

I would say let's tank the last 2 games, but we've been doing that for most of the season
smh.gif

that don't seem too hard, i mean i thought it was alot worse.

just allow me to dream .........

Every team the Jets needed to lose today lost, and from there meant the Jets needed to just win out and they make the playoffs. If they lost against the Colts,or Bengals, that's it, no playoffs.

One more to go fellas. Crazy ride this season, bring on the Bengals! Crowd at the Meadowlands is going to be CRAZY.

I swear, with everything falling in our laps, a Jets fan had to realize that that is the type of game we lose. But we didn't, and whetherPainter was in over Manning or not, we won. That's all that matters.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Every team the Jets needed to lose today lost, and from there meant the Jets needed to just win out and they make the playoffs. If they lost against the Colts, or Bengals, that's it, no playoffs.

One more to go fellas. Crazy ride this season, bring on the Bengals! Crowd at the Meadowlands is going to be CRAZY.

I swear, with everything falling in our laps, a Jets fan had to realize that that is the type of game we lose. But we didn't, and whether Painter was in over Manning or not, we won. That's all that matters.
YEZZIR! i'll drink to that
pimp.gif

sanchez didn't play horrible. at one point he was 9-10 throwing. dudes gonna be good, just gonna be patient ........

Originally Posted by onewearz

feels good right now, and fizzy, no pessimism for the week
laugh.gif
After today's games, you got it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

YEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sanchez sucks though, dude did not help at all today.
smh.gif
Stop it.

No int's, no fumbles, and he made some pretty good throws.

It ain't pretty, but at this point, I'll take it.
ohwell.gif

ah i need to get a ticket for next sundays game. i'm going to be in new york next weekend, i don't care if i have to go by myself. its time for me tostart stalking stubhub.

Originally Posted by onewearz

sanchez didn't play horrible. at one point he was 9-10 throwing. dudes gonna be good, just gonna be patient ........
Seriously. vin, Sanchez did help today. Yeah, he had an interception (even if it technically didn't stand), but after that, he played well. Hetook the sacks, he had some nice passes here and there, and he found Keller and Edwards (or was it Cotchery?) for the 2 point conversions, respectfully.

If he can play like that next week, and then some.....
pimp.gif
As long as werun the ball and have the defense play like they have all season, we should be set.

Back
Top Bottom