Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

http://www.latimes.com/sp...schedule,0,4374127.story

[h2]Start times for Eagles-Cowboys and Bengals-Jets moved for Week 17[/h2]
By Associated Press

8:16 AM PST, December 28, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) - The NFL has announced that two games next Sunday will be moved from their original 1 p.m. EST start times.

The Philadelphia Eagles at the Dallas Cowboys will now start at 4:15 p.m. and still be broadcast on Fox. The Eagles have already clinched a playoff spot while the Cowboys are still alive in the race.

And the Cincinnati Bengals at the New York Jets will now move to 8:20 p.m. for NBC's Sunday night's telecast. The Jets, coming off a 29-15 win over the Colts, can clinch their first playoff berth since 2006 with a win over the Bengals.

I was wrong earlier I think Cincy will rest so they can play the Jets in the first round, being the 4 seed is an easier path than the 3 plus they avoid eitherPitt Den or Houston, 2 of whom they lost to this year. Sigh

Why would they move that game to a night game, that's so ++!#@$@ stupid esp for those going (work Monday morning).

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Why would they move that game to a night game, that's so ++!#@$@ stupid esp for those going (work Monday morning).
I agree but i also like it bc i get to watch it on TV or at a bar rather than on a pc... living in FL sucks sportswise
frown.gif

Jets haven't been good in primtime games this year....I hope Sunday night is different.

GO JETS!!!

got my ticket, i ended up spending $80 for it but it will be fun. it sucks im going by myself but whatever that means ill be more focused on the game.

if anyone else on here is going to the game and wants to have a few beers or something before the game pm me.

also is there alot of tailgating usually prior to the game?

whenever i've gone to 49er games i would get to the stadium about 5-6 hours early, im just trying to get an idea of what time i should get to the game at.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

i thought they were going to flex the steelers dolphins game because those 2 teams have real huge fanbases but since alot is riding on the jets game i guessthey didn't want the playoff picture to be completed until sunday night

Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers wrote:
whenever i've gone to 49er games i would get to the stadium about 5-6 hours early, im just trying to get an idea of what time i should get to the game at.
gates open at 330

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

got my ticket, i ended up spending $80 for it but it will be fun. it sucks im going by myself but whatever that means ill be more focused on the game.

if anyone else on here is going to the game and wants to have a few beers or something before the game pm me.

also is there alot of tailgating usually prior to the game?

If i still lived in Ny , i'd def. head out there with you bro... have a good time and root the hardest you have ever rooted
pimp.gif

im gonna cheer, im a 49er fan but the Jets are cool with me as well.

I was in New York the week of the 1999 AFC Championship game against Denver. My dad bought me a starter Keyshawn replica jersey that day and i remember theplace going crazy when the Jets took that 10-0 lead in that game. i've followed them alot and wanted them to win the years they were in the playoffs 2001,2002, 2004, and 2006

i guess you could consider the Jets a team 1B for me if you want because I have followed them for a while and chrebet and curtis martin were 2 of my favoriteplayers. i got to make it to the preseason game against the rams during the summer. the fans at the game were real cool

the game should be fun though, the situation reminds me of week 17 of the 2002 season when they won the divison against the packers after being left for dead afew weeks before that. i know if they win the stadium is going to be going crazy

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im gonna cheer, im a 49er fan but the Jets are cool with me as well.

I was in New York the week of the 1999 AFC Championship game against Denver. My dad bought me a starter Keyshawn replica jersey that day and i remember the place going crazy when the Jets took that 10-0 lead in that game. i've followed them alot and wanted them to win the years they were in the playoffs 2001, 2002, 2004, and 2006

i guess you could consider the Jets a team 1B for me if you want because I have followed them for a while and chrebet and curtis martin were 2 of my favorite players. i got to make it to the preseason game against the rams during the summer. the fans at the game were real cool

the game should be fun though, the situation reminds me of week 17 of the 2002 season when they won the divison against the packers after being left for dead a few weeks before that. i know if they win the stadium is going to be going crazy
You had to remind me about that '99 AFC title game
frown.gif

pimp.gif
So excited for Sunday's game and it's only Tuesday. I was so hyped in the game against the Colts. The house was full of :stone as to why I was soloud.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

man...i would not want to play the jets in the playoffs
laugh.gif

i just have that feeling
ohwell.gif
It's comments like this that get me more and more pumped, and we aren't even in yet! Stop
laugh.gif

I'm sure you all have seen Ochocinco's tweet to Revis the other day.

Here is Darelle's response.

Darrelle Revis 12/29/2009 08:36 AM ET
good morning world. i just woke up from this crazy dream. @OGOchoCinco came to Revis Island and disappeared.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ revis

gonna be a helluva matchup on sunday night, cant !@*!@*! wait
pimp.gif

chad better bring on of these to keep him company on the island

pp-wilson1.jpg

laugh.gif

Here is the list of Meadowlands-era Jets scheduled to attend Sunday night's game and to be recognized at halftime:
1984 - LB Greg Buttle, RB/KR Bruce Harper, CB Bobby Jackson, DE Joe Klecko, S Ken Schroy

1985 - DE Mark Gastineau

1986 - WR Wesley Walker

1987 - DT Marty Lyons

1988 - TE Mickey Shuler

1989 - QB Ken O'Brien

1990 - WR Al Toon

1991 - LB Kyle Clifton

1992 - S Erik McMillan

1993 - WR Rob Moore

1994 - G Dwayne White

1995 - WR Wayne Chrebet

1996 - LB Marvin Jones

1997 - RB Adrian Murrell

1998 - QB Vinny Testaverde

1999 - T Jumbo Elliott

2000 - S Victor Green

2001 - CB Aaron Glenn

2002 - G Dave Szott

2003 - FB Jerald Sowell

2004 - CB Ray Mickens

2005 - T Jason Fabini

2007 - RB/KR Leon Washington

2008 - NT Kris Jenkins

2009 - Current Jets team
http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/1424-stars-return-to-mark-end-of-a-stadium-era

2006 is missing. That was Curtis Martin's last season. Look for the surprise
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom