Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

^
Naw, I think that one was for Washington, those two dudes hate each other.
laugh.gif

It isn't looking good fellas'.
frown.gif

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=155725

According to Jets beat writer Rod Boone, some in the team's locker room are "talking" like NT Kris Jenkins' (knee) season could be over.
Meanwhile, the NY Daily News is reporting that Jenkins has ligament damage. The injury looked serious on the field and coach Rex Ryan admitted afterwards that it is "probably severe." Losing Jenkins would be extremely damaging to New York's run defense. Sione Pouha, who's been starting at defensive end, is next on the depth chart at nose tackle. The entire rotation would be shaken up. Oct. 18 - 9:19 pm et

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

just got home from a cold boring game from both teams.

Sanchez played bad and the defense lost a huge part in Jenkins (No pun intended)

Tough tough loss.

it's official..

[h2]http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/19/jets-jenkins-out-for-season-with-knee-injury/[/h2]
[h2]Jets' Jenkins out for season with knee injury [/h2]
Posted: October 19th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Kris Jenkins, Michael Lombardi, New York Jets

NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reports New York Jets NT Kris Jenkins will miss the rest of the season with a left knee injury.

Jenkins was injured during the second quarter of Sunay's overtime loss to the Bills after several players landed on his legs during a running play. His left leg was heavily wrapped after the game, and he left the stadium on crutches, according to The Associated Press.

Jets coach Rex Ryan declined to comment on the injury following the game, other than to say it was "probably severe."

Jenkins, the centerpiece in the middle of the Jets defense, earned his fourth Pro Bowl appearance in his first season with the team in 2008.

HUGE blow to our defense.
Rex gotta restructure now... maybe moving to a 4-3 defense. There are talks that Tannenbaum is looking for a NT now before the trade deadline is done...
but this is a big loss.
The run-D will take a huge hit, as Kris plugged up that middle single-handedly, and also freed up LB's Bart Scott and David Harris to do what they do withthe constant double-teaming on Kris.
I wonder how this affect our secondary as well though...
having Kris up the middle terrorizing QB's let Revis be a playmaker.
Now without Kris' play making abilities, the QB will be more relaxed in the pocket...
mad.gif

Hope Jenks can recover from this injury at his age and size.

He was a beast these 6 games this season.

Knew it when he was down during the game.

My whole section all just said nothing about it too since we just knew.

get well big cat

Originally Posted by onewearz

any word on who's replacing jenkins ?

We re-signed Howard Green back to the roster. It looks like it would be Pouha, DeVito and Howard in the middle. I see a lot more 4-3 comin in.

yo mez that jeter pic was one of the worse days of my life
laugh.gif

u killing me son

pouha ain't bad as a fill in, sucks to lose jenkins, dude was a man amongst boys out there ........

Leon is done for the season
ohwell.gif

"Bad news, Jets fans: Leon Washington has a fractured fibula -- done for the year."
- Per Adam_Schefter's Twitter

Really sucks to lose Leon, really really sucks. If there is ANYTHING to look forward to, it's ShonnGreene getting his playing time aside T.Jones.

Oh, can someone get a .gif of Sanchez sneaking the hotdog?
laugh.gif

maybe it's not as bad as we thought... Jets' Washington out indefinitely with broken fibula Posted: October 25th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: LeonWashington, New York Jets, Rex Ryan, Week 7 injuries The injury to New York Jets RB Leon Washington is indeed as bad as originally feared. Jets coach Rex Ryanannounced in his postgame news conference after Sunday's 38-0 win over the Raiders that Washington suffered a broken fibula. NFL Network insider Jason LaCanfora reports Washington underwent surgery Sunday night and will remain in Oakland for at least a day, according to the Jets. According to the team,Washington is not necessarily headed directly to injured reserve. The Jets consider Washington as out indefinitely, but he could perhaps return this season.They do not have an exact timetable on his return at this point, reports La Canfora. Washington was injured during a running play in the first quarter when adefender rolled up on his right leg. He had to be helped off the field by two trainers, and was then carted off the sidelines. His lower right leg was wrappedand being held in place as the cart left the field.

Justin Miller was re-signed today.

justin.jpg

The New York Jets have re-signed free agent cornerback and kick returner Justin Miller and placed RB/KR Leon Washington on injured reserve. The announcements were made by general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Miller, a 5'10", 195-pounder who attended Clemson, was originally drafted by the Jets in the second round (No. 57 overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft. He was most recently released by Oakland on Oct. 7 after re-signing with the Raiders on Sept. 30.

After he was waived by the Jets, Miller was claimed off waivers by Oakland on Nov. 11, 2008. In 98 career games, Miller has returned 147 kickoffs for 3,851 yards (26.2 avg.), including five kickoff returns for touchdowns, and has 98 total tackles.

In 2006, Miller earned a Pro Bowl appearance as the AFC's kick returner after averaging 30.1 yards a kickoff return for the Jets with two touchdowns. On Oct. 1, 2006, in a game against the Indianapolis Colts, Miller scored the longest touchdown in Jets history on a 103-yard kickoff return.

A 2006 fourth-round draft pick out of Florida State, Washington was in his fourth NFL season. He suffered a broken right leg in the Jets' 38-0 shutout of the Raiders on Sunday.

Washington was the Jets' second-leading rusher with 331 yards on 72 carries. He also accumulated 15 receptions for 131 yards and averaged 24.1 yards on 16 kickoff returns this season. Washington was named to his first Pro Bowl as a kickoff returner in 2008, setting a new Jets single-season record with 2,332 combined yards.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3364-miller-returns-washington-heads-to-ir

Welcome back. He was Leon before Leon, only difference is his game was only running kickbacks (where Leon is dynamic on the offensive side of the ball aswell). He wasn't the CB we were hoping he would be, but maybe Revis can help him out a bit. I don't see him playing CB much, but he will be there tobackup Sheppard/Strickland/Lowery.

i feel bad for leon, dude was looking for that payday and this happens. hope his career ain't really threatened because of this ........

2nd half of the season starts today, anxious to see what we're made of.
We've slacked on our Jets because of the Yankees World Series run. I'm full Jets from here on out though.

Rex believes we have a playoff team. It's really hard to say if we are or not, have to take it one game at a time. It starts with the Jaguars.

I really hope the crowd is as loud as the New England game earlier this season.

i dont see jacksonville scoring more than ten points, contain Jones Drew and its a wrap, Greene should have a big game today

Originally Posted by bkmac

2nd half of the season starts today, anxious to see what we're made of.
We've slacked on our Jets because of the Yankees World Series run. I'm full Jets from here on out though.

Rex believes we have a playoff team. It's really hard to say if we are or not, have to take it one game at a time. It starts with the Jaguars.

I really hope the crowd is as loud as the New England game earlier this season.

here here, i pledge jets from here on out .........

Back
Top Bottom