Official 2009 NY Jets ( 9-7 ) Season Thread. Jets vs Colts 1/24 . AFC Championship !!!!

Jets D looks like it will carry the day and have to if Thomas and the running game can't get goin...they harassed Kerry all game long....titans tho 0-3
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Copp 2 Of Em

3-0 BABYYYYYY!!!!

I need to find tickets to the game next sunday, hopefully New Orleans wins this weekend cause seeing both teams 3-0 going into that game will be too great.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

3-0 BABYYYYYY!!!!

I need to find tickets to the game next sunday, hopefully New Orleans wins this weekend cause seeing both teams 3-0 going into that game will be too great.
THAT will be a good game...
the whole team starts with Brees, and if we keep him uncomfortable in the pocket, hopefully we can come out with the dub.

Damn...Collins is terrible so far.
mad.gif
Luckily the 2nd half of the schedulefeatures a lot of home games against weaker teams. Tenn. WILL make the playoffs.

Originally Posted by mjd77

mad.gif
Luckily the 2nd half of the schedule features a lot of home games against weaker teams. Tenn. WILL make the playoffs.

this is the 3rd straight close game we lost
smh.gif

we need some kind of adjustment for next week

Originally Posted by mjd77

mad.gif
Luckily the 2nd half of the schedule features a lot of home games against weaker teams. Tenn. WILL make the playoffs.
isn't there a streak....
that no team that started the season with a 0 -3 ever made the playoffs?
not tryin to chirp or anything, but man that's a stat that stands out.

its been said many times but that jets D is just stellar.let's see if there would be a let down next game or all this momentum will carry them to a W

5y9u6v.jpg

Air Sanchez
pimp.gif

I was at the game today, and had a great time. The 3-0 Jets, sounds good for the time being
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love the Rey Mysterio masks on the fans behind the end zone
laugh.gif
A friend of mine called me and asked if that was me and my friend
laugh.gif

Mr Fizzy Womack, glad to see you back man! Hope all is well.

So, the Jets didn't play sound football for the most part against the Titans and still won against a good desperate team. This has to make any Jet fancontent.

I thought the jets played pretty "sound" football. Sanchez had a couple of ball slips and an INT, which the Titans took advantage of, but the Jetsplayed fairly well overall.

Anybody know where they have this shirt for sale?
I checked nfl.com and reebok.com and didnt see it.

Originally Posted by iChampion

So, the Jets didn't play sound football for the most part against the Titans and still won against a good desperate team. This has to make any Jet fan content.
Its good that they won, but I saw a lot of negatives in that 2nd half (they barely held on).

Sanchez needs to do a better job of taking care of the football, very vulnerable to fumbles once he faces some real pressure. Dude holds the football verylackadaisical.
laugh.gif

There will be games where the Jets get nothing going on the ground and teams will force Sanchez to win them games...so I'm interested in seeing how he doesthen.

roll.gif
@ airmaxpenny

it wasn't the bunnies, it was my own body fighting itself
smh.gif

But i'm all good now
glasses.gif

bkmac - Thanks for the well wishes... glad u had a good time at the game and we got the W
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

I thought the jets played pretty "sound" football. Sanchez had a couple of ball slips and an INT, which the Titans took advantage of, but the Jets played fairly well overall.

The imperative words were "for the most part" they didn't have a sound game.

If it wasn't for the two fumble recovery on special team by the Jets, then they probably wouldn't have won. The offensive line was atrocious(I'm being kind) as the Titans were getting pressure with only their front 4 and our RBs couldn't find any running lanes. The Jets didn't doanything in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] quarter and did an okay job in the 3[sup]rd[/sup] quarter. The WRs couldn't get open the 2[sup]nd[/sup] quarter. Theoffense was abysmal on 3rd downs. All I was alluding to was that it was a good win considering they didn't play at their best.

We need a "Ryan Mouton appreciation thread"
.. hate to be that guy on the plane ride home....
Brad Smith was NOT letting him get that ball back once he dropped it
laugh.gif

[h1]Jets' Ryan benched WR Clowney after tweets[/h1]
By DENNIS WASZAK Jr., AP Sports Writer 28 minutes ago

• Buzz up! 0
  • [h5]Print[/h5]

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)-David Clowney(notes) might think twice before tweeting from now on.

The New York Jets' speedy wide receiver was benched by an angry coach Rex Ryan for the team's game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday after Clowney complained on Twitter about a lack of playing time.

"I was upset with him, yep," Ryan said Monday. "For a couple of reasons. One of them is you'll hear things if a guy's unhappy or whatever. I'm not a big Twitter guy, but you hear different things. To me, this is about our team and understanding this is about our team. No individual is bigger than the team."

A few hours after the Jets beat New England 16-9 last Sunday, Clowney tweeted: "1 play in the 1st Half, 4 plays in the 2nd half … A bit disappointed about my playing time but very happy and satisfied about the win."

Clowney added in a subsequent tweet that, "My team always comes first so I'ma just keep grinding."

Ryan got wind of Clowney's gripe and called him into his office early last week and told him he would be inactive against the Titans.

"If I feel a guy is not putting the team first," Ryan said, "I'll make that decision to put the guy down."

He said he wanted to see how Clowney responded, and was satisfied with the receiver's effort. So much so, in fact, Ryan said he would probably give Clowney the team's practice player of the week award.

"It could be a misunderstanding between David and I, but nobody's a bigger fan of David Clowney than I am, yet, if I sense that with anybody, then that will be the case," Ryan said. "It's not head games or anything else. It's just the way I feel. I could be wrong on that, but he responded the way I wanted him to respond.

Clowney, coming off a second straight impressive preseason, has no catches during the regular season. He wasn't in the locker room Monday during media availability, but tweeted: "In the bed … Doc sent me home as soon as I walked thru the facility doors … Bout to take a mean nap."

C'mon Clowney.... We could've used that speed Sunday. Luckily we pulled out the win anyway.

It's ok to feel that way, just don't make it PUBLIC!!!!!!!

Twitter gonna be is a problem for pro sports.

sanchez with some growing pains, gotta expect it ...

on to the phins .................

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Sanchez scares me with the way he (carelessly) holds the ball when scrambling

It is an easily corrected problem. The thing is all of his mistakes he has made are really things he will learn to do better in time. He stays in the pockettoo long, he stars down his throws too long and he holds the ball carelessly. If those are his major problems, I'm happy because those are easily correctedin time.

If I take anything from the loss yesterday it was that the defense allowed 10 points. the two other

other than that, the offense made mistakes that allowed the other two touchdowns and Sanchez looked like a rookie after the first three games

time to bounce back against the dolphins.

We weren't going to win them.

Back
Top Bottom