Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

14-2 today.

Some idiot at work kept hypin Mississippi state so I picked them @ the last minute... woulda been 15-1... oh well

If my final four is correct I'll def be winning my pool

Even if Pitt wins its all and I only have half my final four... since only one other person has Pitt winning it all

Originally Posted by dreClark

What did Manny Harris, Jrue Holiday, Eric Maynor, Shooty Reynolds and Tyreke Evans do today?

I know I could go look at their stats, but that only tells me a piece.
Manny balled out. The rest
ohwell.gif
. Well i didn't watch Jrue so i'm notsure but Scottie was
sick.gif

Scottie sucked.

The day Jay Wright hands that team over to Fisher will be a day to rejoice. Even for a non Nova fan, it's painfully obvious.

Jrue played pretty damn well. Especially for a little stretch.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by emkay

Maynor with the choke job... what a superstar you've got there Jrain.
How the *#*% did Maynor choke? Him and Sanders were the sole reasons they got back into it.

Yeah, you weren't watching the game if you think he choked. He was largely responsible for bringing them back into the game, and the last shot had more to do with Collison's defense than Maynor's inability to score.
thanks for trying to "school" me guys, but it was sarcasm intended to upset mr. jrain, aka the new hotness scrote rider himself.

however - if you think the golden boy Maynor did a good job that last posession getting the look he wanted, you're also wrong on that part.

this thread makes me really long for the good old winter months of the college bball post where there were about 4 of us ever around.
laugh.gif

What was he supposed to do? Passing is not an option when you're the superstar of the team and have a history of nailing big shots. So it's drive or pull up. Collison cut off his drive, so he had to shoot. Pump-fake didn't work. Still got the shot off. It's always possible to criticize a player, but it's not like he took some crazy off balance fade away like the dude at the end of the Clemson game. What would you have done exactly?
not picked my dribble up 17 feet from the hoop, with a guy right in my grill.

He was having good success getting to the hoop the whole second half - even if he gets there and gets cut off by help, he has the dumpoff and possibly thefoul.

Only way you take the jump shot off your own dribble there is if you get space or you run out of time... he picked it up way early, got stuck, and had to forceup garbage.

It's not a knock on him as a player, just knock on his decision in that individual case.

Originally Posted by emkay

Maynor with the choke job... what a superstar you've got there Jrain.
How the *#*% did Maynor choke? Him and Sanders were the sole reasons they got back into it.

Yeah, you weren't watching the game if you think he choked. He was largely responsible for bringing them back into the game, and the last shot had more to do with Collison's defense than Maynor's inability to score.
thanks for trying to "school" me guys, but it was sarcasm intended to upset mr. jrain, aka the new hotness scrote rider himself.

however - if you think the golden boy Maynor did a good job that last posession getting the look he wanted, you're also wrong on that part.

this thread makes me really long for the good old winter months of the college bball post where there were about 4 of us ever around.
laugh.gif

What was he supposed to do? Passing is not an option when you're the superstar of the team and have a history of nailing big shots. So it's drive or pull up. Collison cut off his drive, so he had to shoot. Pump-fake didn't work. Still got the shot off. It's always possible to criticize a player, but it's not like he took some crazy off balance fade away like the dude at the end of the Clemson game. What would you have done exactly?
not picked my dribble up 17 feet from the hoop, with a guy right in my grill.

He was having good success getting to the hoop the whole second half - even if he gets there and gets cut off by help, he has the dumpoff and possibly the foul.

Only way you take the jump shot off your own dribble there is if you get space or you run out of time... he picked it up way early, got stuck, and had to force up garbage.

It's not a knock on him as a player, just knock on his decision in that individual case.
laugh.gif
i'm not even addressing you. i'm over it (as youcan see)
pimp.gif

*why does it take forever for your avatar to change?!

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

laugh.gif
i'm not even addressing you. i'm over it (as you can see)
pimp.gif

*why does it take forever for your avatar to change?!
I'm seeing your Dukes avy. It has to do with the cookies being saved on your computer or something though. They refresh every so often, soyou'll see your different avy after they refresh.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

long day in the wachovia center
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Jrue Holiday needs to finish his $^%# layups
mad.gif
UCLA shouldve blown VCU out
UCLA is lucky VCU had the jitters in the 1st half (minus Maynor). Sanders and the rest of the Rams settled down in the 2nd half and the result wasVCU outscoring UCLA 39-30 in the 2nd half.

i bet you were TERRIFIED on that last posession, it's a shame Maynor fell short. props to Collison, he put the clamps on Maynor when he needed to. Collisonsure isn't Scheyer, but Maynor worked him for most of the game. oh well, like i said, i salute #3.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

laugh.gif
ok

if UCLA didnt miss majority of their layups VCU wouldve lost by 20...

Maynor
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
%#^* yeah i was scared
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
you know why UCLA missed layups? Larry Sanders and his 7'7" wingspan.

larry sanders dosent look human...his hands and arms are huge (no mo)...i can see dude in the league for defensive purposes, he can alter any shot

So if everyone officially off the VCU bandwagon now?

I can't believe how many people picked the Rams in that game.

I went 13-3.

Today's upsets are Siena, USC and Wisconsin.

YO! ^ I went 13-3, too...

Ever watch a game, rooting for a squad because you just KNOW that you picked them. They win - you look at your bracket - and YOU DIDN'T PICK THEM?!?!

I got 2 paper brackets, A&M winning on BOTH. Go to ESPN... How the hell I pick BYU?
smh.gif

And stupid Clemson.
grin.gif
Then that VCU game... there's my 3.

DF!!!

Maynor and Co. almost pulled it out.

People are saying Collsion shut him down, but 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists later, I don't think so.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Maynor and Co. almost pulled it out.

People are saying Collsion shut him down, but 21 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists later, I don't think so.

He shut his %%* down when it mattered the most

they mean Collison shut him down on the last play, which he did. DC was wearing his jersey.

Jrue Holliday is gonna be a problem next season.... Besides missing layups, he looked real good for most of the game.

Collison with that SHUT DOWN D on the last play.

Jrue had ole boy on SKATES on that play where he pulled up in the 2nd half...I didn't know his handle was that nice.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Jrue had ole boy on SKATES on that play where he pulled up in the 2nd half...I didn't know his handle was that nice.

Exactly what I was saying.... I aint know his +@$+ was like that either... Son had the ball on a string out there last night

Back
Top Bottom