Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

whats up with the press conference about the talk of being inspirational for the city of detriot and the fans in the arena.. regarding the state of the economyin det.???

99% of the people at the final four arent suffering from nothin.. 1500 dollar seats.. cmon now

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

whats up with the press conference about the talk of being inspirational for the city of detriot and the fans in the arena.. regarding the state of the economy in det.???

99% of the people at the final four arent suffering from nothin.. 1500 dollar seats.. cmon now

I take it you have never been to Detroit, Wally. By no means is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but it has been a struggling city for a looong timenow. Add to that the recent happenings with the auto industry, which by the way has been affecting The D well before this past year or so, and #!#+ just seemsbleak out there. Sure, you have plenty of rich folks around Detroit in the suburbs. And they're the ones who are buying up those $1500 seats youmentioned. But I think having the Final Four in Detroit at this point in our history AND having a squad from the state in the championship game is a big dealfor those in the area who are struggling. It won't fix their situation, but it is something to have pride in. I think it's a boost to the psyche ofpeople in the area, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by AI3xis

Hansbrough shouldn't get much talk at this point anyway

But... he doesn't. The entire tournament has been a Lawson slurp fest. But since NO ONE in this thread can seem to see this; let me put my NikeTalk staff position on the line:

+!#$ UNC?

+!#$ Y'all!!!

To Hades with all of you, for hating on the Heels.

t071ns.jpg

And that ain't just the Pearl Vodka typing.
nerd.gif

ONE MORE TO GO!

DF!!!
*reported*

Damn, I was hoping to see 40-12 again this year, but UNC seemed a little more composed than they were last year. Here's to hoping MSU pounds them onMonday. I don't want to see that +#+%#%% traitor Dean Smith experience happiness ever again when it comes to basketball.

I am surprised to see Michigan State beat UCONN. But with that said i knew UNC would beat down Nova. I got UNC by 5 in the Chip, but i would not be surprisedis MI State takes it.
nerd.gif

I just hope state give UNC a decent run: Ive yet to see UNC tested they have had a fairly weak road to the final 4 compaired to most of the other top seededteams.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

^^^ Thanks, most people spew their vitriol at UNC when IMO it should be aimed at Duke Vitale and ESPN's coverage of UNC. So Allen based on your reasoning, is it safe to assume your "hatred" for UNC will be nonexistent next season as Hansbrough will be gone?
mine will.

i've always liked UNCs program and players, and hoped they would continue to do well for the ACC.

the last 4 years were new for me in terms of hating Carolina.
basically.

L
Originally Posted by irishbaz

I just hope state give UNC a decent run: Ive yet to see UNC tested they have had a fairly weak road to the final 4 compaired to most of the other top seeded teams.

LSU, Gonzaga, and Villanova aren't exactly pushover teams.

they milking the hell out of this Detroit story. The 'current economic state' of the city has been brought up more times in this Final Four coveragethan congress has touched the city's problems this entire decade...which says more about the latter actually.

UNC is my favorite team but I've always liked Tom Izzo. If UNC plays defense and hits shots they win but if it comes down to an Xs and Os matchup I giveState the edge.

^^^^ no ways carolina is a better team. they didn't even play well last night and still won by double digits.

We have a chance to win the national championship.
pimp.gif

The student seating was horrible though. I couldn't see the court at all and had to watch the first game and first half of the Heels game on the jumbotron.
indifferent.gif

I moved into actual seats for the second half of our game at that was a lot better.

As for Monday, these two teams are a lot different than from when we first played. Michigan St. runs when they have the opportunity and if not takes the ballout and eats up the clock with their halfcourt sets. They will be tough to beat if we don't shoot the ball well. I am really nervous for this game. If wefall down early on and get the crowd into it, I'm not sure how we can comeback. Michigan State fans outnumber all other fanbases like 8 to 1. I only saw ahandfull of UConn and Villanova fans.

Anyways, I'm pumped that we've made it this far. Now we have 40 minutes left to reach our ultimate goal, the national championship.

LET'S GET IT HEELS!!

I'm cheering for Michigan State....
84d367a318ed881d5682eede4be2b6d8c45e6304.gif

I want that !@!%# Hansbrough to lose on the biggest stage possible
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

pimp.gif

The student seating was horrible though. I couldn't see the court at all and had to watch the first game and first half of the Heels game on the jumbotron.
indifferent.gif

I moved into actual seats for the second half of our game at that was a lot better.

As for Monday, these two teams are a lot different than from when we first played. Michigan St. runs when they have the opportunity and if not takes the ball out and eats up the clock with their halfcourt sets. They will be tough to beat if we don't shoot the ball well. I am really nervous for this game. If we fall down early on and get the crowd into it, I'm not sure how we can comeback. Michigan State fans outnumber all other fanbases like 8 to 1. I only saw a handfull of UConn and Villanova fans.

Anyways, I'm pumped that we've made it this far. Now we have 40 minutes left to reach our ultimate goal, the national championship.

LET'S GET IT HEELS!!

Have any pics from the game??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

As for Monday, these two teams are a lot different than from when we first played. Michigan St. runs when they have the opportunity and if not takes the ball out and eats up the clock with their halfcourt sets. They will be tough to beat if we don't shoot the ball well. I am really nervous for this game. If we fall down early on and get the crowd into it, I'm not sure how we can comeback. Michigan State fans outnumber all other fanbases like 8 to 1. I only saw a handfull of UConn and Villanova fans.

LET'S GET IT HEELS!!

Have any pics from the game??
nerd.gif

he was probably one of the ones that was 60 feet back from the action lower than the actual court... that is NOT worth $20 bucks let alone 5 but thats justme..
3415824040_82563ebb94_b.jpg

some other notably high pirced seats lol:
3415224413_7be312c519.jpg

I think id rather be in the park watching:
3414487405_06470081ab.jpg

sightlines in general suck so bad.. why isnt anyone else appalled by what the future will be like for final fours and regionals.. basketball arenas were madefor a reason.

ignore the kid.. its a such a low slope, you can barely make out whats happening
3415919082_13dc1a8885_b.jpg

It really is terrible... that is not a venue for watching basketball - and to sit in those seats is pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom