Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Stanley D'd UP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

...and how does Bilas keep talking about "He's NYC tough"?

I had to go look it up...but Bilas is from CA. I doubt he's spent much time in NYC parks.
But... He went to Duke... So, you know... He knows a thing or two about toughness...
laugh.gif

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

I had to go look it up...but Bilas is from CA. I doubt he's spent much time in NYC parks.

exactly what im thinking, i guess it's that stereotype that all NYC ballers are tough
ohwell.gif

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

i never played ball in NYC, but I understand what he's referring to... kids who grew up playing city ball are generally a different breed thankids playing at private suburban schools all their lives. I don't know Kemba's story, but he's shown that grit that you get from playing in toughgames your whole life - he's scrappy and comes right at you.

Not sure why you'd have to play in NYC to understand that reference. The same thing is said about Chicago kids all the time.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Kemba absolutely was the difference.
+ Stanley Robinson (1b)

laugh.gif
i was thinking the same thing about Bilas just now... how many times do you think Bilas has EVER hooped in an NYC park in his life? like, seriously
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBen32

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

exactly what im thinking, i guess it's that stereotype that all NYC ballers are tough
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

Because we (NY) are known everywhere.

UCONN = Detroit bound!

I don't know Kemba's story, but he's shown that grit that you get from playing in tough games your whole life

Recruited by Cinci out of high school. He wasn't on anyone's radar until he went hard in Vegas during the AAU circuit.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

i never played ball in NYC, but I understand what he's referring to... kids who grew up playing city ball are generally a different breed than kids playing at private suburban schools all their lives. I don't know Kemba's story, but he's shown that grit that you get from playing in tough games your whole life - he's scrappy and comes right at you.

Not sure why you'd have to play in NYC to understand that reference. The same thing is said about Chicago kids all the time.
i mean... Tywon Lawson played in private suburban schools, and he is "scrappy and comes right at you" as well. it's just astereotype.

i understand what Bilas is trying to say and all, but he just sounds dumb.
laugh.gif

y'all knew that wasnt about to happen.

UConn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mizzou.

still, a 2nd favourite program winning the chip is a poor, poor, consolation prize .

oh well, go UConn.

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

i never played ball in NYC, but I understand what he's referring to... kids who grew up playing city ball are generally a different breed than kids playing at private suburban schools all their lives. I don't know Kemba's story, but he's shown that grit that you get from playing in tough games your whole life - he's scrappy and comes right at you.

I thought this was pretty obvious. Don't know why y'all are even acting like it hasn't been said hundreds of times before.

Well... We fought well...
ohwell.gif

We'll be back next year with a lot of the same squad.

Spectacular year by the Tigers, regardless. Never would've thought they made it this far.

Great move by Coach to let his kid play one last time.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Kemba...good grief.
laugh.gif

i mean... Tywon Lawson played in private suburban schools, and he is "scrappy and comes right at you" as well. it's just a stereotype.

i understand what Bilas is trying to say and all, but he just sounds dumb.
laugh.gif
i think you guys are nitpicking, personally. you got the reference, you just think it's funny that Jay Bilas is saying it... okay, fairenough. But don't act like dude doesn't understand what a tough player looks like because he played at Duke. The battles some of you guys choose isridiculous to me.

coaches son the last one to come off the bench? damn..
laugh.gif

i think you guys are nitpicking, personally. you got the reference, you just think it's funny that Jay Bilas is saying it... okay, fair enough. But don't act like dude doesn't understand what a tough player looks like because he played at Duke. The battles some of you guys choose is ridiculous to me.

exactly.

nobody ever said that all that other stuff.

This is UConn's year...

Louisville doesn't want it with us..we already beat them and we will do it again

Pitt (who I hate) beat us twice BUT if we meet up again it won't happen AND those 2 wins won't even matter anymore

-A UConn Fan

Mizzou shut me up - i'll give them that. They did a great job of forcing their will on UConn, making the huskies play ugly, sloppy ball.. it was just a bitout of their reach today. Good effort though, and a nice season for them.

Man, ya'll took this Bilas stuff too seriously...
laugh.gif

...and I still don't see what Nowitness sees in this redheaded chick in the PC commercial.
tired.gif

...and I still don't see what Nowitness sees in this redheaded chick in the PC commercial.
tired.gif
He just has a thing for redheads.

Sorta like you have a thing for men.

No one understands it but we realize you are who you are and we don't judge you for it.

Back
Top Bottom