Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

laugh.gif
put that lil %@@@@ in the basket hahahahhahaa

laugh.gif
raftery
"Just get outta the way... "

noooo i had mizzou in the final four, but then i knew the chances were slim against uconn. +$!* that dude for missing the layup at the end tho
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Sam young's offensive game is on a whole different level then anyone else's in college.

NBA

I'm not sure how many guys realize that FACT you just stated my dude. Average college bball fans (andmost NT'ers) only pick up on the "marquee" players. S.Young will be a force in the league.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I'm not sure how many guys realize that FACT you just stated my dude. Average college bball fans (and most NT'ers) only pick up on the "marquee" players. S.Young will be a force in the league.

laugh.gif

Who doesn't know that?

Young is certainly an impressive player, who i've praised a lot this year.. but so far in the tourney he has not played up to snuff in hisdecision-making.. he's settled quickly for tough shots time and time again... i blame him a lot for putting Pitt behind the 8-ball in these tourney gamesso far. He's gotta understand the game situation a bit more, especially since he's 35 years old.

by marquee I mean on a recognition level like a Blake Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough. HTH

I know what you meant - and i agree with you. I think he could end up being one of the best players in his draft class in the league, but he doesn'treceive any sort of hype the way other guys around the country do. Part of it is, i believe, Pitt is not a marketable team like UNC or Duke.

Originally Posted by Myron Rhodes

I'm not sure how many guys realize that FACT you just stated my dude. Average college bball fans (and most NT'ers) only pick up on the "marquee" players. S.Young will be a force in the league.

laugh.gif

Who doesn't know that?
by marquee I mean on a recognition level like a Blake Griffin or Tyler Hansbrough.HTH

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Young is certainly an impressive player, who i've praised a lot this year.. but so far in the tourney he has not played up to snuff in his decision-making.. he's settled quickly for tough shots time and time again... i blame him a lot for putting Pitt behind the 8-ball in these tourney games so far. He's gotta understand the game situation a bit more, especially since he's 35 years old.
pbwahahah
roll.gif
roll.gif

Speaking of people who casually watch basketball - i'm not sure many people would realize the chess match that is going on out there right now in thisgame. This is a real battle we've got - a lot of tweaks and adjustments coming out of each and every timeout. Really fun to watch.

Pitt is gritty as @!*%. They have the win ugly game down to a science.

They do - but they aren't as ugly as you might think. They run some of the best half-court stuff in the entire country - just really smart, headyoffense.. they get all the isolations they want, they get the post ups they like.. And Nova is playing really good defense right now too, so it's even moreimpressive to me.

Earlier in this game i was thinking to myself, "this isn't the same Pitt team i saw a month ago that convinced me they would win it all thisyear"... But as the 2nd half wore on there, I started seeing glimpses of them again.

This is going to be a really interesting 2nd half. Jay Wright is a helluva coach himself, but Pitt is forcing some bad shots out of Nova right now. Pitt is a1 point favorite in the 2nd half - and I tend to agree with that. Should be a very close chess match again in the 2nd half - I think Blair gets more involedin the offense for Pitt, while Nova tries to get inside more on penetration.

I'd like to see Pitt go back to that zone a bit to mix things up.

I don't like anything about Pitt's game..I just don't like them

BUT I feel the 2nd half will be a back and forth type game with Nova coming up big and Blair fouling out

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Pitt is gritty as @!*%. They have the win ugly game down to a science.

They do - but they aren't as ugly as you might think. They run some of the best half-court stuff in the entire country - just really smart, heady offense.. they get all the isolations they want, they get the post ups they like.. And Nova is playing really good defense right now too, so it's even more impressive to me.

Earlier in this game i was thinking to myself, "this isn't the same Pitt team i saw a month ago that convinced me they would win it all this year"... But as the 2nd half wore on there, I started seeing glimpses of them again.

This is going to be a really interesting 2nd half. Jay Wright is a helluva coach himself, but Pitt is forcing some bad shots out of Nova right now. Pitt is a 1 point favorite in the 2nd half - and I tend to agree with that. Should be a very close chess match again in the 2nd half - I think Blair gets more involed in the offense for Pitt, while Nova tries to get inside more on penetration.

I'd like to see Pitt go back to that zone a bit to mix things up.
Point taken. The type of game that a discerning bball fan would appreciate forsure.

Oh and I just found out last week that Fields is from Brownsville. If he made it out of there, dude is afraid of nothing.Used to hate having to do anything in that neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom