Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

I think MSU matches up really well with L-Ville's press... people who don't get to see MSU play a lot will think they play a very slow style by just looking at box scores, but there may not be a team in the country who gets the ball up the court more quickly after a make or a miss than MSU - they run a very controlled, but very quick sideline break similar to Roy Williams... and they either get a layup out of it, or they pull it out and make you defend for 30 seconds with some serious motion offense.

L-Ville is hot right now - but I think MSU is the last team they want to see in terms of the matchups - both teams will try to force their tempo, might come down to where the game gets to in point total... or in other words, whoever sets the tempo.
QFT on MSU's style of play. I watch them almost as much as UNC and one thing Izzo's team has is depth and they love to get up and down thecourt

Jville why are you so sure that OU will beat us?
nerd.gif

This was probably our best game since we played Michigan State earlier in the year. It was a big boost to see Bobby and Danny make some big 3s for us. Also forthose that were wondering Ed played 20 minutes and Deon played 18.

As for Oklahoma, I feel like we match up much better against them than we did with Gonzaga. From watching OU tonight and then checking the box score, it seemsas if they have no bench. There is no doubt in my mind that Blake Griffin will get his #s, but what I think it comes down to is that we have way too manyweapons. Regardless, this is the match up the whole country has been waiting for. After the game Tyler was asked about him vs. BG and he responded saying," I'm not looking at it as a matchup between me and Griffin or something like that. I'm looking at it as North Carolina is playing Oklahoma."To me this is exactly what the game will be about and hopefully were fortunate enough to advance to the Final Four.

I said before the tournament began that we would either face an epic let down or this team will prove that they have learned from the previous let downs andcome out focused ready to play.

Through our first three games I think they have proven to me that they are on a mission.

Someone needs to do a set of good pics of all these kids tats .. some of them like
laugh.gif
terrible and some look good.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Someone needs to do a set of good pics of all these kids tats .. some of them like
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When I was at the G-Town - UL game back in (I think) Feb, I was sitting with some older UL alums....When Earl Clark was at the line, one of them asked"he's in college...how does he get the money to pay for all those tattoos?" I said, "probably from you." He gave me the
indifferent.gif

Cant even lie, UNC looked good last night. Ellington plays like that like every 7games, hopefully he doesnt go off again
devil.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When I was at the G-Town - UL game back in (I think) Feb, I was sitting with some older UL alums....When Earl Clark was at the line, one of them asked "he's in college...how does he get the money to pay for all those tattoos?" I said, "probably from you." He gave me the
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When I was at the G-Town - UL game back in (I think) Feb, I was sitting with some older UL alums....When Earl Clark was at the line, one of them asked "he's in college...how does he get the money to pay for all those tattoos?" I said, "probably from you." He gave me the
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

But seriously, L'Ville has like 3-4 people who both arms completely covered. Putting that per diem to work .. I would too. I just wouldn't spend my $$$on tats like that.

I'd just like to see someone do close up pics of some of them.
Like NT's favorite Devo .. some of his look so bad/out of place.

The only way I was going to be pissed about Gonzaga losing was if they got smacked. Sure enough...

Matty reverted back to playing scared in a big game.
grin.gif

North Carolina isn't better like that. What a terrible way to go out.

I'll be rooting for the Pitt boys now.

Well , if a player is from a middle class household and ur on scholarship, u prolly got some $$ at ur disposal for just about anything u want

I definitely think we are. Gonzaga has been overrated for some time imo. Even when we lost to them 2 years ago in NY, I felt it was because we screwed up.

But man I think our biggest problem will be maintaining a lead; we can create one, but can we keep it? And Thompson needs to be taken out of the game.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

The only way I was going to be pissed about Gonzaga losing was if they got smacked. Sure enough...

Matty reverted back to playing scared in a big game.
grin.gif

I'll be rooting for the Pitt boys now.
How many layups/dunks did UNC get last night?
tired.gif
At leastthey could've forced the heels to play a halfcourt game and beat them... offensively Zags didn't play that badly (if you take away the last 5 minuteswhere they were chucking)... they just did not play an ounce of defense. Really pathetic outing.
ohwell.gif
no butler.. no zags... ok state is gone... looks like NIT is all i have left.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theconditioner

I definitely think we are. Gonzaga has been overrated for some time imo. Even when we lost to them 2 years ago in NY, I felt it was because we screwed up.

But man I think our biggest problem will be maintaining a lead; we can create one, but can we keep it? And Thompson needs to be taken out of the game.

kenpom had UNC winning by 1 point in his numbers projection. Line was about 7 points. Game should've been a lot closer - as i said, UNC wasgetting layups and dunks all game.. zags didn't show up. Credit UNC for being ready to capitalize, but it wasn't all UNC out there... it was UNCplaying pretty good with Zags playing pretty badly.

kenpom had UNC winning by 1 point in his numbers projection. Line was about 7 points. Game should've been a lot closer - as i said, UNC was getting layups and dunks all game.. zags didn't show up. Credit UNC for being ready to capitalize, but it wasn't all UNC out there... it was UNC playing pretty good with Zags playing pretty badly.
Eh, don't care too much about other peoples' projections. 7 out of 10 games I'd take us by over 10 points vs. Gonzaga easily. Justbasing it off of my opinion. Just didn't feel like Gonzaga could match up with our guys - which they couldn't (except Pargo).

kenpom had UNC winning by 1 point in his numbers projection. Line was about 7 points. Game should've been a lot closer - as i said, UNC was getting layups and dunks all game.. zags didn't show up. Credit UNC for being ready to capitalize, but it wasn't all UNC out there... it was UNC playing pretty good with Zags playing pretty badly.
Eh, don't care too much about other peoples' projections. 7 out of 10 games I'd take us by over 10 points vs. Gonzaga easily. Just basing it off of my opinion. Just didn't feel like Gonzaga could match up with our guys - which they couldn't (except Pargo).

well your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as Vegas', so pardon me for not taking those projections all that seriously. I think that's aterrible homer assessment to say Zags didn't matchup well with UNC - i'd go so far as to say it's just the opposite - Pargo and Bouldin are almostinterchangeable with Lawson and Ellington - might be the best backcourt matchup UNC has faced all year. Then the zags forwards are long and athletic enough togive most teams problem, including UNC - though i'd give a slight edge to UNC there.

I just think if you believe that's the best the Zags could do against you last night, you're really not that knowledgeable about that team.

well your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as Vegas', so pardon me for not taking those projections all that seriously. I think that's a terrible homer assessment to say Zags didn't matchup well with UNC - i'd go so far as to say it's just the opposite - Pargo and Bouldin are almost interchangeable with Lawson and Ellington - might be the best backcourt matchup UNC has faced all year. Then the zags forwards are long and athletic enough to give most teams problem, including UNC - though i'd give a slight edge to UNC there.

Sounds good, but I disagree.
I just think if you believe that's the best the Zags could do against you last night, you're really not that knowledgeable about that team.
def. not true either. That's why I said 7 out of 10 games I'd take us by over 10 points vs. Gonzaga easily.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

C'mon Rell or SCuse or Lazy... I know y'all know one of these dudes.
laugh.gif

d2ed5f2b9d34d24254bdaef9de60ac28-getty-85329031mw003_oklahoma_soon.jpg

4c61b62ded034f8f1d030828a3c3019d-getty-85329031mw041_oklahoma_soon.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Rell/Lazy is the same person.

I like this last picture because they have finally been humbled. Hopefully, next season they come out hungry.

SHUGES, no more cheerleader pics? You slacking.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Eh, don't care too much about other peoples' projections. 7 out of 10 games I'd take us by over 10 points vs. Gonzaga easily. Just basing it off of my opinion. Just didn't feel like Gonzaga could match up with our guys - which they couldn't (except Pargo).

well your opinion doesn't mean as much to me as Vegas', so pardon me for not taking those projections all that seriously. I think that's a terrible homer assessment to say Zags didn't matchup well with UNC - i'd go so far as to say it's just the opposite - Pargo and Bouldin are almost interchangeable with Lawson and Ellington - might be the best backcourt matchup UNC has faced all year. Then the zags forwards are long and athletic enough to give most teams problem, including UNC - though i'd give a slight edge to UNC there.

Price and Dyson >>

Bouldin played like a ({}) last night.
Zero assists last night; 3-10 shooting.

Zero assists against Memphis; 2-9 shooting.

Zero assists against Utah; 3-9 shooting.

One assist against Arizona; 5-10 shooting.

Three assists against Connecticut; 1-6 shooting.

All losses.

I like Nova tonight... Playing too damn well...

Missouri/UConn is gonna be interesting... If Missouri plays like they did the other night, they're gonna be tough to beat... With Carroll and Lyons,they'll be able to pull Hasheem away from the rim as effectively as anyone in the country could... Gonna take another balls to the wall performancethough...

Touching on the Oklahoma/UNC matchup... The Sooners are gonna have to get better production from Johnson, Warren, Taylor Griffin, and Cade Davis than they didlast night... Juan Patillo and Ryan Wright can't come off the bench and wet their pants like they did last night either... It can't be Blake and one ofthat bunch like it was with Crocker last night... That whole supporting cast is gonna have to step up if they wanna beat the Heels...

has gonzaga ever not had a moppy headed white guy running the point?

dickau, stepp, and now the latest in a line of charminass points for the zags.

Back
Top Bottom