Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

6 for 8. Memphis and Gonzaga
tired.gif

Those Zaga uni's are tough tho. Anybody wanna point me in the right direction.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How was it embaressing? Arizona BEEN garbage.
Who aint know that?
Who thought they even had a chance?
Half of NT had Cuse winning this game

N don't act like Syracuse was ever in that game. They got that #%* spanked every second of every minute of every half of that game. Only difference between both Ls was one by a team who been sorry and the other was a "mighty" big east team who got unwarranted hype due to some sorry 6 OT game that got people thinkin they was good

Originally Posted by Al3xis

got unwarranted hype due to some sorry 6 OT game that got people thinkin they was good
so true.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

How was it embaressing? Arizona BEEN garbage.
Who aint know that?
Who thought they even had a chance?
Half of NT had Cuse winning this game

N don't act like Syracuse was ever in that game. They got that #%* spanked every second of every minute of every half of that game. Only difference between both Ls was one by a team who been sorry and the other was a "mighty" big east team who got unwarranted hype due to some sorry 6 OT game that got people thinkin they was good
[/soap box]

laugh.gif

But yeah, that gets the stamp of approval... People been riding real high on Syracuse since the BET...

Originally Posted by JaysForDays

Syracuse getting EXPOSED appreciation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love how dudes is bashing Syracuse now.
grin.gif

Beating UConn (the former #1 team in the country and a current #1 seed in the tournament) in SIX overtimes isn't reason to "ride high"?

And honestly speaking, I don't know ANY Cuse fans (whether it's the diehards like myself or Rell or SCuse or the supporters like t3b or CAKE) that wererunning around acting like we were a force all of a sudden.

Y'all dudes are acting like we were a sorry @#* team that got a lucky win against Conn and then barely eeked our way into the tourney. We won 29 games andfinished ranked 13th in the entire country! A Sweet 16 finish to the season is definitely worthy of any accolades this team got. We've been a GOOD squadall season long. Running over, dismantling, and eliminating the Pac-10 POY in Harden and losing to the projected Naismith winner in Blake Griffin. So Idon't know why y'all dudes are trying to downplay our run talking about "unwarranted hype".
tired.gif

Where are y'all teams?
nerd.gif

yes. KU is done. cant wait to rub this one in every KU fans face. they never seem to care when they win and rub it in ours.

payback is ohh soo sweet

i'm 6 of 8. missed out on Memphis and Oklahoma.
laugh.gif
@ me for going chalk and taking all four #1's this year.

Originally Posted by Gameover2

laugh.gif
Could happen two years in a row though...crazy

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
Na, UNC is losing next round. Bet

I can't wait to see Pitt vs. Nova
pimp.gif

But,

What'd we have on here, 7 pages devoted to Devo, seriously?

And I saw more than a fair share of outside cuse love...which came about in the BET....the same BET Cuse was slotted 6th in...but suddenly they became the'hot' team and a trendy pick...even all the way to the Final 4.

Cuse was what they were all year long. And the people who didn't finally tune into college hoops in March understood it. ...which I'd put as Cuse fansyou, Cuse and Rell in.

Talented, offensively explosive, little depth, dumb mistakes.

I don't care where they ranked in the country or if they beat UConn once... Pitt? L. Louisville? L. Nova? 2 Ls. They beat UConn in 6 OTs and WestVirginia... Other than that, no impressive wins during BE play... Marquette sans James don't count...

Syracuse was not a top flight basketball team this year like people were pegging them the last month... Good? Sure. Talented? Sure... Final Four run?
grin.gif
Hell nah...

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

I know. Really crazy. The top-seeded teams are lording it over.

On another note, what was i thinking on picking Clemson to reach the Elite 8. They didn't even get out of the 1st round.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Who here has the best ESPN bracket?
I just checked the final update after UNC won and I'm up to 18,132.
grin.gif
happy.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone doin better? Top 1000?

My facebook bracket took a beating today. Not as bad as Zona, but pretty bad.

But,

And I saw more than a fair share of outside cuse love...which came about in the BET....the same BET Cuse was slotted 6th in...but suddenly they became the 'hot' team and a trendy pick...even all the way to the Final 4.

Cuse was what they were all year long. And the people who didn't finally tune into college hoops in March understood it. ...which I'd put as Cuse fans you, Cuse and Rell in.

Talented, offensively explosive, little depth, dumb mistakes.

Prett much. I thought we would play better, but it is what it is. Hopefully guys stick aroud.

Blake will have to go for about 30 and 20.

Otherwise, don't see how they can keep it within 10.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I don't care where they ranked in the country or if they beat UConn once... Pitt? L. Louisville? L. Nova? 2 Ls. They beat UConn in 6 OTs and West Virginia... Other than that, no impressive wins during BE play... Marquette sans James don't count...

Syracuse was not a top flight basketball team this year like people were pegging them the last month... Good? Sure. Talented? Sure... Final Four run?
grin.gif
Hell nah...
You do realize that 4 of the L's you listed above came against 3 teams who are currently in the Elite 8 right? I don't see why you arepenalizing Cuse for losing to powerhouse programs.

And again, how many people on NT were pegging Cuse as a "top flight basketball team"?

You guys are letting a 10 page (or how many ever pages it was) thread about Devendorf cloud your vision.
laugh.gif

Nobody in that thread was hollering about Syracuse being a juggernaut. Matter of fact, nobody really was even saying that Dorf was a force in college b-ball.Only that he had swag.
laugh.gif

But,

And I saw more than a fair share of outside cuse love...which came about in the BET....the same BET Cuse was slotted 6th in...but suddenly they became the 'hot' team and a trendy pick...even all the way to the Final 4.

My dude, you're acting like a notable "instant classic" (regardless of who the opponents are) that goes 6 overtimes won't be the breedingground for new fans.
laugh.gif

Either way, what you said about the team is accurate.

Oh, and what Dickie V said is absolutely correct: It can be argued that OK should have been a number 1 seed. So I see no shame in losing to a team like that.Good season in my eyes.

won't be the breeding ground for new fans.
laugh.gif

and it was..and that's what I'm talkin about. People were lovin Cuse, not just NT.

But I don't think people know really, if they just start watching this last couple weeks. Same thing happened with the Pitt hype train last year.

Since Purdue's already out,
OU is my new team to root against and Blake Griffin is my new most hated player next to the whole Duke and UNC team.

I think MSU matches up really well with L-Ville's press... people who don't get to see MSU play a lot will think they play a very slow style by justlooking at box scores, but there may not be a team in the country who gets the ball up the court more quickly after a make or a miss than MSU - they run a verycontrolled, but very quick sideline break similar to Roy Williams... and they either get a layup out of it, or they pull it out and make you defend for 30seconds with some serious motion offense.

L-Ville is hot right now - but I think MSU is the last team they want to see in terms of the matchups - both teams will try to force their tempo, might comedown to where the game gets to in point total... or in other words, whoever sets the tempo.

Back
Top Bottom