Official 2009 NCAA Tournament Thread. The Very Best Have Gathered Upon One Stage.

Refs actually calling fouls on Duke
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Myron Rhodes

Nolan Richarson won a NC tho, right?

1994 with Arkansas over Duke.

roll.gif
roll.gif
Memphis gets it back close and Cal goes on some BS to give Mizzou two shots andthe ball... Idiot.

frown.gif

I knew there was a reason why i was scared to see this Nova team...they just match up TOO good agaisnt us.
tired.gif

I just don't see how pressuring the basketball defensively for 40 minutes and being a great half-court offense is gimmicky...

Maybe you consider the full-court pressure and swarming the basketball defensively for 40 minutes a gimmick, but I don't agree...

How many top teams are doing it nowadays? Generally speaking it's something you'd do if you had a team you weren't confident could play half courtdefense successfully - or you wanted to tire another team out, or speed up the game... it's gimmicky in the sense that it's unnecessary in the shotclock era. There's no need to cover guys more than 30 feet away from the hoop, because your objective is to keep them from scoring in that very hoop -most man to man principles nowadays don't feature defenses that get out in your face beyond a few steps outside 3 points, and for good reason - thepercentages out there go way down, and you're more likely to pick up a cheap foul out there, not to mention allow penetration where your defense can breakdown.

A few coaches still like the press, and L-Ville could prove me wrong this year if they'd win it all.. but it's an outdated style for a reason, andit's not because it works well for most teams.
laugh.gif

what did Calipari do?

Duke getting manhandled... although they aren't outo of it if they can heat up from three.

im still tryin to figure out how we are a gimmick. is running the no huddle spread in football a gimmick?

were just fast. we wear you out. were naturally a second half team.

and ive been cheering mizzou sports on here since football of LAST year. its been a minute. and i know there are even more mizzou fans on here other then the2-4 of us posting right now. they just dont post in this section as much.

Miguel Paul is trash. This dude tried to tell people he was Chris Paul's cousin
laugh.gif

And why does it have to be that Missouri doesn't trust their half court defense? Is it hard to believe that they could have that much faith in their fullcourt defense? You love kenpom.com, Craftsy, and according to his website, Missouri is the 10th most efficient defensive team in the nation.

Anderson is a former Nolan Richardson assistant, so he obviously has ties to this kind of defense. It's not like he just got to Missouri and said,"Well, I don't really see the pieces we need to be able to run a half court defense, so we're just gonna pressure for 90 feet for 40minutes." A gimmick is basically having a special feature for the purpose of just having a special feature. Missouri has a special feature for the purposeof making the team better.

Leo Lyons has got to finish around the rim...
smh.gif
smh.gif

Mizzou gone soft the last several minutes...

Back
Top Bottom