OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

Kemp with 5rbis
pimp.gif

BN get Fabolous Loso's Way album

and make sure you DL the Nuke bomb eminem drop on Mariah and her wife i mean husband nick

I was bout to dl fabs album.

smh.gif
I heard "the warning" on the radio and oh myyy, I dare mrs. nick cannon to come back with something.

This dude eminem bout to release some nudies he got of her if she does.

Got em, bills finally with his 11th win
eek.gif

Supposedly he had cramps and had to leave the game.

Way to end the road trip on a high note since it was a fail once they left stl

3-4

i'll take it

We need another pitcher.

Too bad we're 2 days removed from being able to do so.

I want to see Lindblom next month.

Blake sits

A sprained joint in his hand kept third baseman Casey Blake out of the Dodgers' lineup. He underwent an X-ray exam shortly before the start of the game. The results were negative.

"He still wanted to take batting practice," Torre said, downplaying the severity of the injury.

Blake felt discomfort when he lifted weights after Saturday's game. He woke up the next morning with swelling.

Mark Loretta took Blake's place in the lineup.

Mota's move

Right-hander Guillermo Mota had an earned-run average of 9.00 through May 21.

That number has dropped to 2.98, as he has given up only two earned runs over 36 1/3 innings spanning his last 31 appearances.

Mota, who credited the improvement with a change in his mechanics, said he never lost the belief that he could get hitters out.

"I'm pitching the way I knew I could," Mota said.

Short hops

Ronald Belisario, who has been sidelined since July 8 because of a strained elbow, will start a minor league rehabilitation assignment with Class-A San Bernardino on Tuesday. Torre said he expects Belisario to be ready to be activated after two minor-league games. . . . Cory Wade was activated from the 15-day disabled list and immediately optioned to triple-A Albuquerque. Wade pitched in Albuquerque on Friday as part of a rehabilitation assignment. "We had no room," Torre said of the decision to keep Wade in the minor leagues. "It's a nice problem to have, a little depth."

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by bright nikes

We still got the waiver wire 562.
But who would make a difference from who we currently have and would make it all the way down the wire to us?

I'm sure they'll be some quality arms to be had, didn't we get Maddux before on waivers?
nerd.gif

Btw, albums to DL?
happy.gif

laugh.gif
i'm so far out of the music loop I don't even know

Last current thing I got was Heartbreak Drake 2. part 1 was better, so far gone >>>>>>>* though

I've never listened to the roc la familia albums so i'm going to get those tonight.

Back to the beyybol, what teams look like they might unload anyone of any significance? What teams in "Contention" look like they'll be out oftheir respective races before the end of this month who we could scoop up?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

capt.e0aa033cb37c44188fe7877d2f71a3fa.dodgers_braves_baseball_gaja109.jpg
roll.gif
laugh.gif
I swear he does these things on purpose.

[h1]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/08/dodgers-billingsley-leaves-early-with-cramp.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers' Billingsley leaves early with cramp[/h1]
7:51 PM, August 2, 2009

Chad Billingsley pitched a strong five innings, only for his evening to be cut short by a cramp in his right hamstring.

Billingsley appeared to land awkwardly making a 2-1 pitch to Matt Diaz in the fifth inning that was called a ball. After a conference on the mound that included trainer Stan Conte, Billingsley remained in the game to face Diaz and two other batters. He got himself out of the inning by striking out pinch-hitter Greg Norton for his ninth strikeout of the night.

Jason Schmidt pinch-hit for Billingsley in the top of the sixth and singled to center. Schmidt later scored on a double by James Loney to increase the Dodgers' lead to 5-0.

Billingsley had thrown 83 pitches when he was taken out. He struck out nine, walked only one and limited the Braves to two hits.

-- Dylan Hernandez

Photo: Chad Billingsley pitches against the Atlanta Braves on Sunday. Credit: Kevin C. Cox / Getty Images

[table][tr][td]2009 Power Rankings: August 3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]RK (LW)[/td] [td]TEAM[/td] [td]REC[/td] [td]COMMENT[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]1 (1)[/td] [td]Dodgers[/td] [td]65-40[/td] [td]Chad Billingsley (11-6) has won only two of his last nine outings since June 15.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]2 (4)[/td] [td]Angels[/td] [td]63-40[/td] [td]Kendry Morales leads the majors in homers (
glasses.gif
, RBI (20) and OPS (1.257) since the All-Star break.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]3 (2)[/td] [td]Yankees[/td] [td]63-42[/td] [td]Mariano Rivera leads the majors with 30 saves in 31 opportunities.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]4 (3)[/td] [td]Red Sox[/td] [td]62-42[/td] [td]Josh Beckett has a 2.28 ERA (29 runs in 114.1 IP) since April 30.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]5 (5)[/td] [td]Phillies[/td] [td]59-44[/td] [td]The Phillies have lost four of their past five, after starting the second half with a 10-2 mark.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]6 (7)[/td] [td]Rangers[/td] [td]59-44[/td] [td]The Rangers are hot, winning 11 of 14, but Josh Hamilton isn't; he's 4-for-36 in past 10 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]7 (6)[/td] [td]Rays[/td] [td]57-48[/td] [td]Jeff Niemann (10-5) has only one loss in his past 11 outings.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]8 (10)[/td] [td]Cardinals[/td] [td]58-50[/td] [td]Check out Matt Holliday's numbers since joining the Cardinals: 20-for-37 (.541), three homers, 10 RBI, 1.546 OPS.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]9 (11)[/td] [td]Rockies[/td] [td]58-47[/td] [td]Troy Tulowitzki is hitting .351 with a 1.167 OPS in second half, as the Rockies have won 11 of 17.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]10 (12)[/td] [td]Giants[/td] [td]58-47[/td] [td]Switch-hiting Pablo Sandoval is batting .359 against lefties, .313 against righties.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]11 (9)[/td] [td]Cubs[/td] [td]55-48[/td] [td]Aramis Ramirez hit .500 (19-for-38) during a nine-game hitting streak.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]12 (
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]Tigers[/td] [td]54-49[/td] [td]The Tigers are 23-33 on the road, the worst record for a division leader.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]13 (15)[/td] [td]Marlins[/td] [td]55-50[/td] [td]The Marlins have won nine of their past 12 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]14 (14)[/td] [td]White Sox[/td] [td]54-52[/td] [td]Jim Thome (558) is only five home runs away from Reggie Jackson for the 12th place in MLB history.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]15 (13)[/td] [td]Braves[/td] [td]53-52[/td] [td]Derek Lowe (11-7) has won four straight outings, allowing nine runs in 24.0 IP.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]16 (16)[/td] [td]Mariners[/td] [td]54-51[/td] [td]Ichiro Suzuki is hitting .409 (18-for-44) in his past 10 games, but the Mariners have gone 3-7.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]17 (19)[/td] [td]Twins[/td] [td]52-53[/td] [td]Justin Morneau has never won an AL home run or RBI title, but he leads the league in both: 28 HR, 86 RBI.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]18 (18)[/td] [td]Brewers[/td] [td]52-53[/td] [td]The Brewers have lost nine of their past 14 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]19 (17)[/td] [td]Astros[/td] [td]52-53[/td] [td]Over his past six starts, Wandy Rodriguez is 4-0 with a 0.90 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 40.0 IP.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]20 (20)[/td] [td]Blue Jays[/td] [td]51-54[/td] [td]Aaron Hill, with 26 home runs, had only 28 career homers before 2009.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]21 (21)[/td] [td]Mets[/td] [td]50-54[/td] [td]Jeff Francoeur has 19 RBI in 19 games with the Mets.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]22 (23)[/td] [td]Orioles[/td] [td]44-60[/td] [td]Nolan Reimold is hitting .370 with a 1.035 OPS in the second half, but the Orioles have gone 4-12.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]23 (22)[/td] [td]Reds[/td] [td]45-59[/td] [td]The Reds have lost six straight games and 12 of their past 13.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]24 (24)[/td] [td]Pirates[/td] [td]45-59[/td] [td]Andrew McCutchen, who hit three homers Saturday, was 7-for-12 over the weekend.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]25 (25)[/td] [td]Diamondbacks[/td] [td]46-59[/td] [td]Mark Reynolds has hit home runs in five of his past six games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]26 (27)[/td] [td]Athletics[/td] [td]44-60[/td] [td]Rookie Vin Mazzaro has allowed 23 runs in 13.1 IP over his past four outings.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]27 (26)[/td] [td]Indians[/td] [td]44-61[/td] [td]The Indians have won seven of their past 10 games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]29 (28)[/td] [td]Royals[/td] [td]41-63[/td] [td]Bruce Chen and Sidney Ponson have combined to go 1-13 with a 6.73 ERA.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]29 (28)[/td] [td]Padres[/td] [td]43-63[/td] [td]The Padres have won five of six games, their best streak since winning 10 in a row from May 15-25.[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]30 (30)[/td] [td]Nationals[/td] [td]33-72[/td] [td]Josh Willingham has 16 home runs and 40 RBI in his past 66 games.[/td] [/tr][/table]

September looks like a easy month, the only good team we play is the giants. We play dbacks, padres, pirates, nats, and giants.

My Manny bobblehead finally arrived
laugh.gif

I had to get rid of a couple of my doubles through ebay to be able to get one.

Next up, Matt Kemp bobblehead.

Anyone know the lineup tonight?

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I just wanted to come in here and say I told ya'll Kuo would beast.

laugh.gif
stop PMAC, no one never said he wouldn't beast - its just he's often injured for us to see it consistently. Hope he stays healthy, we're gonna need him.

Btw, Sherrill has been a great pickup ... thought he wasn't good?
ohwell.gif

har har har
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom