OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

sick.gif

Kershaw with the W. Wish he could've gone more than 5 innings and let the bullpen rest. Belli gave two solid innings but that 9th was not nice.

Anyway, 2 for 2 today so far. Hope the other LA team can beat the other team from Colorado.

Way to get the sweep Dodgers
pimp.gif

A couple things:

-Kershaw has 3 BALKS this season
eek.gif
, Honeycutt / Torre really need to fix that. Although, I really can't tell if a pitcher is doing a balk or not -obviously he's been caught numerous of times.
-Damn we needed Clayton to go DEEP into this game
frown.gif

-Loney is a god damn BEAST in Colorado.
-Pierre is doing work.
-The bullpen pitched like @%%+ AGAIN, thats why we need our starters to go deeper, these guys are so damn tired.
-Brox overthrowing like a mother *+@%@*, ohman didn't make it easier for him.
-It took Broxton almost 40 pitches to get 3 outs
eek.gif
eek.gif
, that is no good.

Can't wait for the Cubbies - these guys are struggling so lets help them struggle even more.

[h1]Eric Gagne would welcome a return to the Dodgers[/h1]

Morry Gash / Associated Press

Eric Gagne was released by the Milwaukee Brewers this spring after a rough 2008 and another injury.

Former closer, who will pitch for an independent team this summer, wants to return to the majors this season.

By Bill Shaikin
5:59 PM PDT, May 27, 2009
Eric Gagne, who will pitch for an independent team in Quebec this summer in the hope of resurrecting a career that has faded since he left the Dodgers three years ago, said he would welcome an opportunity to rejoin the Dodgers this season.

"I'd love to," Gagne said. "I always loved L.A."

Gagne, speaking Wednesday on a conference call to announce his signing with the Quebec Capitales of the Can-Am League, said he hopes to return to the big leagues this season.

"I'm not putting pressure on myself to come back in two weeks or one month or whatever," he said. "Hopefully, I can come back to the major leagues sooner rather than later.

"Right now, I'm not looking at that. I'm looking to get healthy."
In March, the Milwaukee Brewers released Gagne from a minor league contract after doctors discovered a slight tear in his rotator cuff. He said the shoulder "feels good" after rehabilitation and that he is throwing all his pitches during bullpen sessions.

The Capitales open their season today, although Gagne will be activated at a date to be determined.

"I'm about 80-85%," he said.

Gagne grew up in Montreal. The Capitales play in Quebec City, about three hours away.

"It's basically going back to my roots," he said.

His baseball roots are with the Dodgers, and he said he follows the team closely.

"It's the first score I look at," he said. "It's unbelievable how they're playing. I didn't expect that while Manny [Ramirez] is gone."

The Dodgers have maintained the best record in the major leagues, even with Ramirez suspended since May 7 for violating baseball's drug policy.

"Manny's just one guy," Gagne said. "He makes them better, but they're fine without Manny."

Gagne, 33, set a record by converting 84 consecutive save opportunities for the Dodgers from 2002 to 2004, winning the Cy Young Award in 2003 and electrifying Dodger Stadium with his goggles, goatee and "Game Over" motto.

The Dodgers signed him to a two-year, $20-million contract, but injuries limited him to 15 innings over those two years. In 2007, after the Dodgers offered him a one-year contract for $4 million, he signed with the Texas Rangers for a deal that eventually paid $8.5 million in base salary and incentives.

The Brewers signed him for $10 million for the 2008 season, three days before the Mitchell Report revealed that shipments of human growth hormone had been sent to him.

When he reported to spring training, Gagne apologized to his family and to Brewers fans and teammates for "a distraction that shouldn't be taking place." He did not address the specifics of the Mitchell Report.

pimp.gif

Although it may never happen, and we've seen how the Mota experience has gone (they have worked on his mechanics - higher leg kick) the whole aura of gagneback with the dodgers would be so sick.

Btw, Mkz and Manny are set to return in July, that's like adding free agents right there
pimp.gif

With Kershaw's outing today, the Dodgers now have 20 quality starts.

Quality Starts (20)
17-3 team record
135.2 IP (6.78 per GS)
1.99 ERA

Non-Quality Starts (28)
16-12 team record
135 IP (4.82 per GS)
5.40 ERA

*and if anything, i'd be all for giving him a minor league deal seeing how he does - low risk, high reward. if he stinks it up let him have fun in AAA.

a little sidenote: adrian gonzales has 18 HRS
eek.gif
, beast.

if anyones up for some discussion and i hate to bring this up ....... what happens to the outfield once manny comes back? lets say pierre continues to begod-like and it would be foolish to take him out of that leadoff spo, but with ethier in the wings and we all know how well he hits when manny is in the lineup- who gets benched or traded?

i guess we can worry about it when it comes back, sooooo.... discuss

Uh oh, you know Ned Colletti is on the phone just to inquire about Gagne. (I hope)

As for Pierre, I say they should not even think about what to do, until they have to when Manny returns.

My belief is a simple one. Play Pierre throughout the end of the season if he remains hot, trade him in the offseason while he's at the peak during histime in LA

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My belief is a simple one. Play Pierre throughout the end of the season if he remains hot, trade him in the offseason while he's at the peak during his time in LA

but who are they gonna sit?
eyes.gif

not matt kemp, cuz every team will take that extra double, triple, and scoring run since pierre throws like i did when i played little league
ethier...i expect him to get hot again when manny comes back. i think it got to his head, so when manny comes back hes gonna feel
pimp.gif

& what if pierre is still playing god-like.

Such a tough decision, I wouldn't be surprised that if his current play keeps going til manny comes back - it would make him such a valuable trade chip(yeah I know his contract sucks).

Do I want to see him traded? Eh, with Raffy struggling in every facet of the game and with lingering back problems, Pierre is the truth batting leadoff, andgreat example for other players on this squad because he preaches hard work everyday.

I can see, pierre + prospects being had at the deadline for a starting pitcher though.

Who knows, the decision is so damn tough and awkward.

I remember thinking about the 4 outfielder situation when Pierre started off well after Manny was out.

A few things have to happen. We have to see how the team has done at that point, if Pierre is still "hot", if Andre is still lost, and if any teamis willing to trade for Pierre period and what we'd be getting back. Ideally, if we can get another solid pitcher by giving up Pierre then I'm for it. But, if we're going to receive some over the hill bullpen guy and cash - I'd say keep him. Like BN said, he's the only true leadoff hitterbesides Raffy. If Andre keeps stinking it up then I could see Joe rotating Kemp, Ethier, and Pierre in/out of the lineup. Or taking Manny out early if wehave a big enough lead.

Let's see where we're at July 3rd first. It's a good problem to have though.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My belief is a simple one. Play Pierre throughout the end of the season if he remains hot, trade him in the offseason while he's at the peak during his time in LA

but who are they gonna sit?
eyes.gif

not matt kemp, cuz every team will take that extra double, triple, and scoring run since pierre throws like i did when i played little league
ethier...i expect him to get hot again when manny comes back. i think it got to his head, so when manny comes back hes gonna feel
pimp.gif

Sit Ethier. We can't keep babysitting his %%* until July. If we don't trade Pierre, then send Andre packin'.

Sit Ethier. We can't keep babysitting his %%* until July. If we don't trade Pierre, then send Andre packin'.
- naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. andre is serving his 50 game suspension right now too, leave him alone!
wink.gif

you'll be thanking me later when he becomes superman again when manny comes back. manny is going to get walked a !+$@ load, so we need somebody behind himthat'll be able to drive him/others in.
-i like the way pierre is playing, but he can only do it for so long. theres no way he can continue playing this way for the remainder of the year.
-i like the way castro is playing though. he can be a big help down the stretch cuz he can play SS,2nd and 3rd
-i think furcal will turn it around. he has to get over his #%$ soreness
laugh.gif
. if anything juan pierre shoulda had that soreness too with all the pine he was riding before manny got suspended

Back
Top Bottom