OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS SEASON THREAD : Season Over. Congratulations Phillies.

lets go for the sweeeep
pimp.gif

trying to do errands right now to catch the game at 12.

i hope raffys back doesnt #%## with him during the season
ohwell.gif

I guess Colin Cowherd was going on and on about Kemp this morning. Saying they should market him because he's "good-looking, young and talented"

Then he said that his staff hadn't known about him.

Wait, the "Worldwide Leader of Sports" has a staff of guys on it's leading morning radio show who don't know who the CF is on the best teamin baseball

What a surprise
smh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I guess Colin Cowherd was going on and on about Kemp this morning. Saying they should market him because he's "good-looking, young and talented"

Then he said that his staff hadn't known about him.

Wait, the "Worldwide Leader of Sports" has a staff of guys on it's leading morning radio show who don't know who the CF is on the best team in baseball

What a surprise
smh.gif

laugh.gif
... but put Kemp in Boston or New York and they'd know for sure.

But anyway.. let's hope Kershaw keeps this up.

whats the average attendance on a weds game at Dodger Stadium?

I think the Dodgers should cut the price on tix(like half off) for Weds afternoon games. I know they're in Co now, but when they have games here in LA.Imagine. . . the stadium will be filled up, on a wed.
laugh.gif
nevermind,I'm delusional.

You'll have people skipping work, school, and just head out there to relax with a beer in your hand.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Beermann2

whats the average attendance on a weds game at Dodger Stadium?

I think the Dodgers should cut the price on tix(like half off) for Weds afternoon games. I know they're in Co now, but when they have games here in LA. Imagine. . . the stadium will be filled up, on a wed.
laugh.gif
nevermind, I'm delusional.

You'll have people skipping work, school, and just head out there to relax with a beer in your hand.
smokin.gif
That $2 Tuesday promotion didn't last long.

I'm not sure how long ago it was.

They did it in the right field pavilion. Crowd went nuts, stuff got thrown all over the field I believe.

Some nice articles as I watch the dodgers

Fan starts 'Vote for Manny' Web site

By RONALD BLUM - 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Jason Rosenberg was heading home and listening to satellite radio when he heard that Manny Ramirez was fourth among National League outfielders in initial All-Star voting. By the end of the night, a new Web site was born: Vote for Manny.

"I said it would be funny if Manny got elected, because he's coming off a suspension on July 3 and the All-Star game is a week later, so they don't even have that sort of built-in protection," the 39-year-old from suburban Ardsley said Wednesday. "So I got home, and just quickly threw a Web site together."

Rosenberg got http://www.voteformanny.blogspot.com up and running Tuesday night, designed to point out that MLB has no rule preventing players coming off drug suspensions from becoming All-Stars. It links to an online All-Star ballot and implores fans: "Remember, vote early and often!"

Ramirez was suspended for 50 games on May 7 after his drug test showed artificial testosterone and baseball investigators obtained documentation that he received HCG, a banned female fertility drug taken by some after steroid cycles to restart natural testosterone production.

He's eligible to return to the Los Angeles Dodgers on July 3, 11 days before the All-Star game in St. Louis.

In the initial All-Star vote released Tuesday, Ramirez was on 442,763 ballots, trailing Milwaukee's Ryan Braun (663,164), the Chicago Cubs' Alfonso Soriano (545,354) and the New York Mets' Carlos Beltran (476,843).

Voting began April 22, so it's unclear how many were cast for Ramirez before the suspension. Baseball's drug agreement states "a player shall be deemed to have been eligible to play in the All-Star game if he was elected or selected to play; the commissioner's office shall not exclude a player from eligibility for election or selection because he is suspended under the program."

In AL voting released Wednesday, the Yankees' Alex Rodriguez was third among third basemen with 245,414, trailing Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria (664,060) and Texas' Michael Young (296,025).

After Sports Illustrated reported Rodriguez tested positive in baseball's anonymous 2003 survey, he admitted in February to using steroids from 2001-03 while with Texas.

"It would be too interesting, too funny, too pick-your-adjective to see Manny get elected," Rosenberg said. "It's got to be MLB's nightmare that the two biggest stars who have implicated themselves or gotten implicated by this are now potentially starting in their signature midsummer moment."

Baseball spokesman Rich Levin declined comment, saying: "People can do what they want."

Rosenberg is a Yankees fan who works in finance and has a regular blog devoted to baseball at http://www.itsaboutthemoney.blogspot.com, which he started more than a year ago. He disapproves of the 2003 rule change pushed through by commissioner Bud Selig that gives the All-Star winner homefield advantage in the World Series.

"I'm not a Bud basher," he said. "I don't go out of my way to criticize everything he does. I think he's done some amazing things, the wild card and all sorts of other things."

He intends to keep the Manny Web site up and running through the All-Star game.

"Most fans have had enough PED discussion, the steroids discussion, are sick of hearing it," Rosenberg said. "Voting proves it, and yet the media still wants to cast everyone as an outcast and a pariah if they ever used or been accused or, in Manny's case, been caught."

Ramirez's return to Dodgers to start in minors

1 hour ago

DENVER (AP) - Suspended outfielder Manny Ramirez will be sent to the minor leagues for a week to 10 days as part of a rehabilitation assignment prior to rejoining the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Ramirez is serving a 50-game ban for violating baseball's drug policy. He's eligible to rejoin the Dodgers on July 3.

Manager Joe Torre said before the Dodgers' game against the Colorado Rockies on Wednesday that Ramirez has been doing conditioning work on his own in California but may soon go to the team's spring training facility in Glendale, Ariz., to work out.

While the Dodgers are still developing a plan for his return, Torre said Ramirez would need some time in the minors to get ready to return to Los Angeles.

"We've still got a ways to go with him," Torre said. "The most important thing was getting all the cobwebs cleaned out with all the things he's going through and that he'll continue to go through until he gets back and starts playing and the questions sort of taper off."

Torre said he hasn't spoken with Ramirez in recent days but the team knows he has been working hard on his own to stay in shape. The manager also said he's looking forward to Ramirez going to the Dodgers' spring facility to get more baseball-specific work.

"I think he's not ready for that right now" because of the media attention that would generate, Torre said. "Eventually, obviously, he's going to have to, but it hasn't been spelled out yet exactly what he's going to do anyway. More important now for him is to be in a routine and to get himself starting to think ahead as opposed to thinking about what's been going on."

[h3]Dodgers may not see Manny at home[/h3]Slugger could leave LA to continue workouts in Arizona

By Owen Perkins / Special to MLB.com

05/27/09 3:54 PM ET

DENVER -- Though he began working out at Dodger Stadium this week when the team began a seven-game road trip in Colorado, Manny Ramirez's L.A. reunion with the Dodgers may have to wait.

"I don't know for sure if we're going to see him when we get home," Dodgers manager Joe Torre said before Wednesday's series finale with the Rockies. "I know he's been talking about going to Glendale [Arizona] and working out at our Spring Training facility."

Torre had no worries about Ramirez's ability to handle a training regimen that would enable him to be back up to game speed when he is eligible to return from his 50-game suspension on July 3. He had no doubt that Ramirez would use at least a week of the 10 days he's eligible to play in the Minor Leagues in preparation for his return but is more concerned about Ramirez's mental makeup.

"The most important thing is getting all the cobwebs cleaned out with everything he's going through and continues to go through and he'll continue to go through until he gets back and starts playing and the questions sort of taper off," Torre said. "I think it's just media right now. I think he's just not ready for that right now. Eventually, obviously, he's going to have to be."

At some point, Torre expects Ramirez to spend some time working out with the Dodgers, possibly before beginning a Minor League tuneup.

"My concern was to have him meet with the players, which he did when we were in Florida," Torre said. "Once that was over with, now it's more important for him to get in a routine and get himself starting to think ahead instead of thinking about what's been going on."

A Minor League tour with one or more of the Dodgers' affiliates could help dilute the anticipated media frenzy upon Ramirez's return. But Torre noted that after potentially returning while the club is in San Diego in early July, the next step would be New York.

"That'll be another zoo," Torre said. "Carnival time."

Back
Top Bottom