OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

These two would pick the perfect time to let all this stuff come out in the open ... on the brink of going to the World Series.

I'm sure most of the players knew this was going on since news would travel down fast over there.

More sourness is bout to come out in the open though
smh.gif
If this does get worse expect them to continue tossin salt on each other's wounds and think aboutthe team second.

IYN you going to the game tonight? Where you sittin?

Originally Posted by bright nikes

These two would pick the perfect time to let all this stuff come out in the open ... on the brink of going to the World Series.

I'm sure most of the players knew this was going on since news would travel down fast over there.

More sourness is bout to come out in the open though
smh.gif
If this does get worse expect them to continue tossin salt on each other's wounds and think about the team second.

IYN you going to the game tonight? Where you sittin?

yeah 117

Jamie filed for divorce today, and in the filing demanded her job as CEO back.

Problem is she admits to signing papers that list Frank as the sole owner.

Either way though, in CA it's 50/50 and he didn't buy the team with just his money.

Would you guys like Mark Cuban as an Owner?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Jamie filed for divorce today, and in the filing demanded her job as CEO back.

Problem is she admits to signing papers that list Frank as the sole owner.

Either way though, in CA it's 50/50 and he didn't buy the team with just his money.

Would you guys like Mark Cuban as an Owner?
laugh.gif

I can imagine dude jumping over the netting behind homeplate, and get in the Ump's face
laugh.gif

Hell, he'll probably chill out in the dugout.

Mark Cuban spends a lot of money to have the best team that his money can buy.

Mark Cuban as the owner would be pretty nice, you know he's going to spend money to make sure he has a winning team. McCourt is not a bad owner at all andhas been spending money also, but hopefully this divorce won't be a distraction to the team and I don't think it will be.

i dont like cuban

but would take him as the owner, but the good ol boys of baseball will never let dude in

and McCourt needs to just hush up

cause u cant drag a female through the mud, cause they cant take it and will get personal with it

[h1]http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/27/jamie-mccourt-pulls-divorce-trigger/[/h1]
[h1]Jamie McCourt Pulls Divorce Trigger[/h1]
Posted Oct 27th 2009 5:46PM by TMZ Staff

1027_mccourt_ex_getty.jpg
Frank McCourt -- owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers -- is heading to divorce court courtesy of his wife Jamie.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE DOCUMENTS

TMZ has obtained legal docs in which Jamie McCourt has officially petitioned to end her marriage of 30 years, citing "irreconcilable differences."

In the documents, which exceeds 100 pages, Jamie mentions one hefty community asset -- the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"There are substantial community and quasi-community assets and obligations of the parties, including but not limited to the Dodgers' baseball team, the Dodger organization, and the property surrounding Dodger Stadium and Chavez Ravine."

In the documents, Jamie demands her job back as CEO and Vice-Chairman of the Dodgers ... as well as the huge set of perks and benefits that go with owning the squad.

Here are the benefits Jamie is requesting:
- travel by private jet
- 5 star hotel accommodations
- travel expenses - Unlimited
- business dinners 5 nights per week
- business lunches 5 days per week
- parking spots at Dodger Stadium
- flowers in the office
- making Dodger Legends available for events without charge
- provision of Dodger autographed items as requested for use in business and charitable activities
- hair and makeup for Dodger events
- access to team doctors for McCourt family members
- access to the owner's suite for Dodger home games and non-baseball events at the stadium
- Tickets to All-Star games and playoff games -- even if the Dodgers aren't playing
- a pass to all National League games

Then there's this: Jamie lists her monthly living expenses at $488,928 -- THAT'S PER MONTH!!!!!!!!
Of those expenses, $333,000 goes towards her residence and vacation homes.

In the documents, Jamie claims the McCourt estate is valued in excess of $1 BILLION.

eek.gif
smh.gif

[h1]Jamie McCourt -- I'm Not Giving Up the Dodgers[/h1]
Posted Oct 27th 2009 6:16PM by TMZ Staff

In Jamie McCourt's divorce documents filed against her husband Frank, she is challenging Frank's statement that he is the sole owner of the Dodgers -- claiming she's been bamboozled.

1027_mccourts_ex.jpg

In the docs, Jamie says they faced a "myriad of creditors" and for that reason certain assets were held solely by Frank -- notably the Dodgers.
Jamie says when she signed the agreements giving away her rights to the Dodgers, she was not represented by legal counsel. Jamie demands that the court declare "that any purported capital Marital Property Agreements are null, void, and unenforceable."

Furthermore, Jamie says the homes she and Frank had were held by her solely -- not as community property.

In the docs, Jamie also adds, "Frank and I always considered the real estate to be our property -- just like the Dodgers."

[h1]Jamie McCourt -- 'Real' Frank Will Be Exposed[/h1]
Posted Oct 27th 2009 6:56PM by TMZ Staff

One of Jamie McCourt's lawyers has issued a stern warning to her estranged husband Frank -- if the L.A. Dodgers owner doesn't play ball, "a lot will come out about the kind of person Frank McCourt is."

1027_mccourts_ex_2.jpg

The lawyer, legendary Bert Fields, tells TMZ Frank and Jamie were in the middle of a "happy marriage" in 2004, when Jamie agreed to sign the Marital Property Agreements that Frank presented to her. Those agreements directly addressed ownership of the Dodgers, among other valuable assets.

Fields also tells us that while Frank now claims those Marital Property Agreements gave Frank sole ownership of the Dodgers, Jamie has an "unimpeachable witness" who will attest to the fact that Frank has repeatedly acknowledged Jamie's community property ownership of the team.

FYI -- Fields joins a legal team consisting of family law attorney Dennis Wasser, who has repped stars like Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg.

This is only day one of the official divorce battle ... it's gonna be one hell of a fight.

No bueno
laugh.gif

This is bad press, it's like Lidsay Lohan trying to get back in the limelight by showing her hooohaaa.

This is my first post since our loss, I'm still distraught.
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

We need an ace and closer!

[h1]Frank McCourt fires back after Jamie files for divorce[/h1] [h2]Jamie McCourt asks court to reinstate her as chief executive and asks for at least $320,000 a month in spousal support. Frank McCourt argues she signed away ownership rights.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
50112425.gif

Dodgers owner Frank McCourt, left, and his wife Jamie McCourt take their seats during Game 1 of the NLCS against the Philadelphia Phillies on Oct. 15. (Kevork Djansezian / Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

By Bill Shaikin
October 28, 2009

Jamie McCourt's concerns about the Dodgers' shaky financial status earlier this decade led her to sign an agreement that now prevents her from claiming any share of ownership of the team, argued attorneys for Frank McCourt in court papers filed today.

Jamie McCourt filed for divorce this afternoon in Los Angeles Superior Court, asking that the agreement cited by Frank McCourt be ruled invalid and unforceable, arguing the document was never intended to bar her from ownership.

Frank McCourt responded late Tuesday afternoon by asking the court to declare him the sole owner of the team at once and handle the remaining issues in the divorce at a later time.

The McCourts announced their separation two weeks ago. Frank McCourt claimed he was the sole owner of the Dodgers and Jamie McCourt said she had an ownership stake, setting up the legal battles that started to play out today. Frank McCourt fired his wife as the Dodgers' chief executive last week, and as part of her divorce filing she asked the court to order her reinstatement.

In the filing, Jamie McCourt says she is unemployed, with no means of financial support other than savings and investments. As a result, she asks the court to order Frank McCourt to pay her $320,967 a month in spousal support if she is reinstated as the Dodgers' CEO or $487,634 a month if she is not.

The couple bought the team for $431 million from Fox, the entertainment giant that had tired of sustaining huge financial losses to operate a team no longer integral to its business. The deal closed on Jan. 29, 2004.

The Dodgers reported losses of $57 million in 2000, $85 million in 2001, $83 million in 2002 and $78 million in 2003, according to the court papers filed by Frank McCourt.

The possibility of significant and ongoing losses compelled Jamie McCourt to ask that the couple's residential assets be put solely in her name, so that they could be protected from any claims that creditors might place against Frank McCourt or against the Dodgers, according to the filing.

On March 31, 2004, the McCourts each signed an agreement that provided Frank with sole ownership of the team and other business interests and provided Jamie with sole ownership of eight residential properties as well as artwork, cars and boats, according to the filing.

This marital property agreement, Frank McCourt argues, was drafted to supercede California's community property law, under which assets accumulated during a marriage are split 50-50 in a divorce.

The couple purchased two Holmby Hills homes later that year and signed documents conveying the residences to Jamie McCourt, according to Los Angeles County property records.

Frank McCourt further argues that Jamie McCourt never was approved by Major League Baseball as an owner and never sought any such approval. On April 13 of this year, in her capacity as the Dodgers' chief executive, she signed and submitted a routine statement of club ownership to MLB, in which she verified that Frank McCourt owned 100% of the team, according to the filing.

The filing does not say how much money the Dodgers made, or lost, under the McCourt ownership. However, Forbes magazine has estimated the Dodgers turned a profit of $16.5 million in 2008.

In June of last year, the McCourts consulted a lawyer about modifying the marital property agreement so that the couple's assets, including the team, could be governed by community property law, according to court papers.

The modified agreement was drafted but never signed, and in May of this year Frank McCourt decided not to proceed, according to the filing. Jamie McCourt had consulted a divorce lawyer by then, according to the filing.

Frank did lose.

Lost Jamie.
Lost to the Phillies.
Lost to Jeff Fuller.
Bout to lose $500K / month
laugh.gif

The divorce filing says the team is worth around 800 mil, and that they as a couple had 400 mil in other stuff.

Now if those marital papers that say he is the only Owner then he would technically be entitled to the Dodgers, plus half of the 200 mil which is homes, cars,etc.

If the judge determines that the stuff was actually community property put in McCourts name for purposes of the loans and that they had a confidential"handshake" agreement then the entire 1.2 billion of what they have would be split, and a sale of the team would be forced.

The only problem with McCourt keeping sole ownership is that Jamie is likely to take him for almost everything else. Hopefully he has a rich friend or two whocan buy a few shares off of so he doesn't do something stupid like slash payroll to recover from the divorce.

It all hinges on the marital property agreement basically.

It seems more likely that one thing or another is going to cause this team to get sold. I can't say that makes me sad.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I like Frank McC as owner.

I'm up for a TEAM FRANK , who's down?
laugh.gif

why? dude couldnt even afford the team when he bought it. he plasters ads on every blank spot of the stadium. jacked the +!+! out of prices in all areas and isstill cheap with the payroll. why wouldnt you want someone else taking over, someone who actually has some sort of passion for the team or at least someone whoisnt going to cheapen the experience of going to dodger games. he cant even keep this crap under wraps. +++#, just look at the other team 30 miles away if youwant to see how a team should be run.

no matter how much mark cuban is hated, i like the guy. you cant argue he doesnt love his team/players and will almost do anything for them
but baseball execs wont let em buy a team

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif

why? dude couldnt even afford the team when he bought it. he plasters ads on every blank spot of the stadium. jacked the +!+! out of prices in all areas and is still cheap with the payroll. why wouldnt you want someone else taking over, someone who actually has some sort of passion for the team or at least someone who isnt going to cheapen the experience of going to dodger games. he cant even keep this crap under wraps. +++#, just look at the other team 30 miles away if you want to see how a team should be run.

The fact of the matter is, he is our owner. He's put out a consistent winner out there. He has the right people in key places making this work.

Although DS isn't the same, neither is the game as a whole. You're talking about the team in Orange County yet they have just as many signs out there,if not more than we do. It brings in the money. You can't have your cake and eat it too - it's how the business is nowadays. Take a look at YankeeStadium and tell me it doesn't look the same. Hell, they have ONE owner who has loads of cash, yet they still do it.

You talk about the raising prices, yet you don't acknowledge the vast improvements made throughout the park whether it be on the field or where we plopdown for three hours.

Do I miss $6 pavilion seats? Sure
Do I miss $10 parking? Hell yeah
Do I miss Dodger Legends on the OF Wall? Very much

Do I miss the bags of piss being thrown at people with no recourse? No
Do I miss a single usher being the sole "guardian" of each aisle? Not at all
Do I miss Mediocre - borderline non existing moves by GM and ownership? No
Do I miss Jeromy Burnitz? Tyler Houston? Jeff Reboulet? Devon White?
laugh.gif
do I need to answer?

Let's be real here about the whole divorce deal. It's LA, it would've happened to even the most tightlipped bastard ever.

You dudes talk about wanting a big dollar owner so we can buy up the FAs, I don't want to have a farm system like the Yankees had and still have in orderto be that way.

At the end of the day whether he "bought with his own" or not, he's taken care of business. It's easy to be an armchair owner and call himout for not pursuing A or B more than he did, but he's improved our situation vastly.

I have faith in Frank.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

laugh.gif

why? dude couldnt even afford the team when he bought it. he plasters ads on every blank spot of the stadium. jacked the +!+! out of prices in all areas and is still cheap with the payroll. why wouldnt you want someone else taking over, someone who actually has some sort of passion for the team or at least someone who isnt going to cheapen the experience of going to dodger games. he cant even keep this crap under wraps. +++#, just look at the other team 30 miles away if you want to see how a team should be run.

The fact of the matter is, he is our owner. He's put out a consistent winner out there. He has the right people in key places making this work.

Although DS isn't the same, neither is the game as a whole. You're talking about the team in Orange County yet they have just as many signs out there, if not more than we do. It brings in the money. You can't have your cake and eat it too - it's how the business is nowadays. Take a look at Yankee Stadium and tell me it doesn't look the same. Hell, they have ONE owner who has loads of cash, yet they still do it.

You talk about the raising prices, yet you don't acknowledge the vast improvements made throughout the park whether it be on the field or where we plop down for three hours.

Do I miss $6 pavilion seats? Sure
Do I miss $10 parking? Hell yeah
Do I miss Dodger Legends on the OF Wall? Very much

Do I miss the bags of piss being thrown at people with no recourse? No
Do I miss a single usher being the sole "guardian" of each aisle? Not at all
Do I miss Mediocre - borderline non existing moves by GM and ownership? No
Do I miss Jeromy Burnitz? Tyler Houston? Jeff Reboulet? Devon White?
laugh.gif
do I need to answer?
moreno can put as many ads up as mccourt and it doesnt compare because hes using the money from ads to line his pockets instead of raping peopleat the concessions and parking lots like frank. thats the difference. you realize we pay twice what they do for parking? thats absurd bro, ridiculously so.beer/food prices are just as skewed.

the thing about the ushers is funny because i thought it was a lot better the way it was before. you think its safer there now than it used to be? no way andthat wont change unless they start putting cops in every aisle. that is irrelevant here though. its not mccourts fault that those sorts of people come togames.

there has been no improvements to the stadium that affect me. other than making the field level concourse look pretty and it taking longer to get in and out ofthe stadium because of the efficient parking system. i still get the privilege of pissing in a trough at almost every game i go to.

he gets a pass because a lot of people havent seen this team win a playoff series ever until the past 2 years. i get that but to me that doesnt mean hes not acheap piece of #*$#. when it comes time to start paying some of these players when they hit free agency we will see what happens. im betting hes not going tobe breaking the bank. he will continue to stay away from high profile players in trades for this same reason. ill never like an owner who is more concernedabout making money off of stadium property than spending money on trying to win. at least with this divorce it lessens the chance that ill have to go to adodger game one day and walk through a mall and a bunch of condos to get into the stadium.

what do you think is going to happen if he somehow holds onto this team and simultaneously has to pay this woman off?

The only accurate way to assess him as an owner is when these guys are FAs. It's still the honeymoon phase with him until that time.

What do I think if what you said happens? That's a different story in itself. Sell the team.

Back
Top Bottom