OFFICIAL 2009 DODGERS OFFSEASON THREAD: (95-57) NL West Champs --- NLCS Chumps

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Oh, Jeff!

I threw that out in a convo with a couple of friends/co-workers, with a
grin.gif
. Everytime I saw dude in his free time he had a dime piece in his arms. Why would he downgrade? Money? Nah, we all knew he was loaded.

He was the McCourts's Driver/Bodyguard.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Why don't I like John Lackey?

He opened the season on the disabled list, he hit the disabled list in 2008. His ERA has gone up considerably since he posted a 3.01 ERA in 2007. Plus, heis going to command a huge contract.

As far as Derek Lowe, no thanks
glasses.gif

Dodgers outfielder Andrew Lambo, a lefty bat, continues to impress, showing plus power and the ability to hit the ball to center field, if not left-center. I said the first day I got here that Lambo reminds me of Andre Ethier, who I saw in the Texas League four years ago, and without being led down that road, one club's special assistant tossed this at me:

"He's Andre Ethier, isn't he? Similar athletically, both throw well enough to play right, both see the ball well and the ball jumps off their bat."

Keith opines, however, and I tend to agree, that Lambo has more raw power than Ethier, but Ethier's on-base skills are superior, and were when he was the Texas League MVP, too.

Keith and one NL scout both see disinterest in Lambo's approach to defense, though, which sucks, but Lambo did have the three quotes of the entire week.

(Paraphrasing) To Dustin Ackley during BP: "You see that Heyward dude? He's like you plus me without all the things we don't do well."

Direct quote talking to Churchill: "Dip check, yay or nay?"

Direct quote talking to Jordan Danks (CWS) and others (no idea who they were talking about): "He's built
like a billy goat, isn't he? You ever seen those things? They're funny, man."
Video hereof Lambo taking BP.

His swing reminds me of Jim Edmonds. Lambo is from Newbury Park. First round talent who slipped to the 4th round basically because he got caught smoking weedin high school. He had a rough year this year in AA but he was young for his league. He's mashing in the AFL right now, I expect big things from him thiscoming year because he'll most likely start out in AA again.

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

bump for angels losing. thank god.

laugh.gif
damn, i wasn't gonna hear the end of it.

now their comeback is at least we won 2 games smh

Lambo is a #$%#!@* clown,
laugh.gif
. The @%#@ that comes out of his mouth iscompletely random. It might turn some off since they will call him immature. He is a happy go lucky kid, homegrown from Ventura County. Grew up a Dodger fanand now is in the Dodger System. He could be something special.

who was that one prospect who thought kim ng was a waitress, i think he retired already
laugh.gif

Why would an heir to the Pillsbury fortune, be working as a "driver/bodyguard"??

Out of all the tight, hot piece of +!% out there, why would he chose old +!% Jamie McCourt?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Why would an heir to the Pillsbury fortune, be working as a "driver/bodyguard"??

Out of all the tight, hot piece of +!% out there, why would he chose old +!% Jamie McCourt?
laugh.gif
Same thing I was thinking
roll.gif

I feel like he took on Cougar McCourt because he knew that marriage was about to go south, so he became the shoulder to lean on and since he has $ he knowsthey'd battle it out for ownership of the dodgers.

Maybe he wants a piece of the share while getting some of those old guts.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

seriously, i dont buy that.

Ok, he was Director of Security Protocol....
laugh.gif

is he a moron or something? why would he be doing that job with all that money

Watching CC dominate in these playoffs is kind of driving me nuts. I mean, it was basically CC or Manny and we went with Manny. Anyone else feel this way? Imean, I was 100% for Manny and letting CC go to NY at the time, but looking back on it now...

It said his late mom was an heir to the Pillsbury fortune.

That doesnt necessarily make him rich.

As to why he would !+#+ Jamie? $

[h1]http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/27/mccourt-911-drama/[/h1]
[h1]McCourt 911 Drama[/h1]
Posted Oct 27th 2009 1:15AM by TMZ Staff

UPDATE: A lawyer for Jamie tells TMZ, "Contrary to the statement by Mr. McCourt's attorney, no one other than Mrs. McCourt and the housekeeper were at the home when Mr. McCourt appeared and police were called.

The police report and the facts of the situation speak for themselves.
"

Frank McCourt
-- owner of the L.A. Dodgers -- scared his estranged wife Jamie so badly she called 911, this according to law enforcement sources.

1026_mccourt_ex_getty.jpg

It happened Sept. 5 2009, at 10:10 in the morning. We're told Jamie was swimming in the pool of her Holmby Hills home when Frank suddenly and unexpectadly appeared. Jamie called 911, explaining that she was frightened because of previous incidents in which Frank had allegedly lost his temper and scared her.

Jamie then called the couple's private security for assistance.

By the time the LAPD responded, private security had already arrived to make sure Jamie was OK.

When cops arrived, the officers interviewed both Jamie and the couple's housekeeper -- who told police she had heard Jamie scream.

Soon after she spoke with cops, we're told Jamie left the house.

But Frank sees things a different way, his lawyer just released the following statement on his behalf:

"The events described by TMZ occurred when the McCourts had already separated.

Mr. McCourt was living alone at the residence in West Los Angeles and his wife was residing in Malibu. That morning, Mr. McCourt left the house and went jogging. When he returned home to the West Los Angeles residence, he found his wife swimming in the pool and her personal "security assistant" Jeff Fuller, was also at the residence.

The news of a 911 call came as a surprise to Mr. McCourt. He had no knowledge of any 911 call at the time; or of any visit by any police officers and law enforcement has had no contact with him. As previously reported by TMZ, Mrs. McCourt and Mr. Fuller have been linked romantically.

Any 911 call makes no sense at all unless there was an ulterior motive which you can be assured will be fully explored.
"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0VA4ce10J

and then a little later ...

[h1]http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/27/frank-mccourt-911-call-phoney-jamie-mccourt/[/h1]
[h1]Frank McCourt -- 911 Call Phoney Baloney[/h1]
Posted Oct 27th 2009 12:13PM by TMZ Staff

Frank McCourt's lawyer says the 911 call his estranged wife made against him was as phoney as Eric Gagne's arm.

1027_mccourts_ex_getty_02.jpg

Marshall Grossman, lawyer for the L.A. Dodgers owner, tells TMZ. "If that is her story then 'security chief' Jeff Fuller has a body double.This 911 call was phoney as any fair observer would realize. Clearly the police recognized its foolishness as no action was taken and Mr. McCourt was never even contacted."

Increasingly, Jeff Fuller seems to be the man in the middle here.

Fuller -- an heir to the Pillsbury fortune who was fired as Director of Protocol for the Dodgers earlier this month -- is romantically involved with Jamie ... though sources say the relationship began after her break-up with Frank.

UPDATE: Jamie McCourt's attorney tells TMZ, "I reiterate, the facts speak for themselves."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0VA4sNM4N

This is getting uglier and uglier and much quicker than I thought it would.

Eli Broad, Mark Cuban ... stand by your phones. Bud Selig ... get out the way this time please.

Fuller -- an heir to the Pillsbury fortune who was fired as Director of Protocol for the Dodgers earlier this month -- is romantically involved with Jamie ... though sources say the relationship began after her break-up with Frank.

Sure it did.

What a load of crap for that story to be true.

Even if it did.

They were separated, not divorced. And as Jamie's lawyer insists, they're co-owners of the Dodgers.

For her to go start *+@@+%! their security guard (that is, if they weren't already *+@@+%!) is pretty low.

Back
Top Bottom