Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

[h2]MLB: Rivera didn't doctor ball[/h2]
Some Los Angeles Angels fans are arguing that video evidence shows Mariano Rivera doctoring a baseball, but Major League Baseball says it doesn't add up to, well, spit.

A video made the rounds of YouTube on Tuesday showing the Yankees closer looking around and then spitting toward the baseball in his hands during the 10th inning of Monday's game. The next pitch he threw broke like a slider, prompting many to say that Rivera was throwing a spit ball.

Major League Baseball did their due diligence in the matter and, according to the New York Times, found photographic evidence that the spit passed his hand and the ball.

"From the available video and still photography we have, there is no evidence that Rivera spit on the ball," MLB vice president for public relations Patrick Courtney said, according to the newspaper.

Angels manager Mike Sciosia wasn't buying it either.

"This is the first I'm hearing about this," he said before Tuesday's game. "I didn't even know that there was any indication that it's been looked at. Never. There are certainly some guys that might be suspect. But never Mariano, with anything that I've heard or been part of. And I'd be shocked if there was anything to that.''

Besides the fact that 45,000 people were in the stands, two umpires were within view and a Phillies runner was on second base, petroleum jelly, not spit, is the main ingredient in a spit ball. Spit generally does not have enough weight to radically affect the spin of the ball.

huh??

The hell are y'all complaining about? Y'all are talking %%%% just to talk %%%%...no one is actin' up so what's the problem? Only thing I'mlooking forward to about the Yankees offseason, whenever that may start, is a few of you will crawl back to whatever hole y'all came from...

Making the rest of us look bad.
smh.gif

Let's go Yankees.

Pressure's on CC to swing momentum back in our direction. After seeing his numbers when pitching on 3 days rest I'm confident we can win this one.

Why don't Joe bench Jeet? His numbers vs Kazmir suck. You gotta go by the book right? (Sarcasm )

And Jeter thrown out. Great.

I'm here tonight... I might be absent here and there, I just started my fantasy basketball draft at 8.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Is anybody else watching the game on mute?

Right here.
pimp.gif

I don't need to hear Tim McCarver rambling nor do I want to hear Joe Buck's bland commentary.

Back
Top Bottom