OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

U.S. NT players dropping like flies. Charlie Davies' career is in jeopardy and now Clint Dempsey looks like he's out for the World Cup due to ligamenttears in his knee.

Arsenal have closed the gap but I still maintain that they will not come close to winning the Premiership. Two years ago they were at the top of the table witha better squad than this but they completely collapsed when February rolled around.

A top 4 spot looks guaranteed, maybe they finish 2nd for the first time in 5-years or something.

I hope we finish 3rd or 4th though so that Wenger can feel the pressure to make some moves in the summer. I cant take much more of this pedophilic nonsensethat results in no trophies.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Arsenal have closed the gap but I still maintain that they will not come close to winning the Premiership.
yeah agreed.

sucks about dempsey too...love that dude even tho people aren't a big fan of him lately

Even if we finish second then Wenger will have to buy players. Injury predicaments come up every year and we can't rely on the youth players to come in andperform to a premiership standard..YET.

Getting tickets to the United and Liverpool matches at The Emirates
pimp.gif
I'm confident that Liverpool will be beaten but we tend to have problems againstUnited. If we can beat both those teams and Chelsea slip up then I believe this is Arsenal's year.

Arsenal have closed the gap but I still maintain that they will not come close to winning the Premiership. Two years ago they were at the top of the table with a better squad than this but they completely collapsed when February rolled around.

I totally disagree with the assertion that the squad was better 2 years ago. Vermaelen and Arshavin have been 2 of our best players this year, they werentaround then. Song has finally shown his ability in taking over for Flamini.

If only van Persie wouldn't have gotten injured, I would really give us a shot at the title. I don't think we will win, but its not out of thequestion. I think we are very unlucky not to be neck and neck with Chelsea.

This next series of games after Bolton will determine Arsenal's title chances.

Bad news for Chelsea fans.

Essien apparently tore a minor ligament in his knee against the Ivory Coast and is expected to be out 1 month.

He had come on as a 2nd half sub in his first match back since recovering from a hamstring injury and he played the full 45 minutes of the half in a 3-1 lossto the Ivory Coast.

I was under the impression that the injury was sustained in the training session. Either way, getting Hamsik or Dzagoev is now imperative.

It looks like Clint wont miss the World Cup.

During the Blackburn Rovers fixture on Sunday 17 January, Clint Dempsey sustained moderate damage to a ligament in his right knee. Following the results of a scan, early indications are positive in that no operation is required. At this stage it is thought that the injury will not prevent him from featuring for Fulham, prior to the end of the season.

Carlos Tevez is an Original Gansgta...

He celebrated in front of Man Utd.'s bench after both of his goals today
pimp.gif

I expect him to get the snot beat out of him by Man Utd. players the next time these two teams meet
frown.gif

Tevez haunting United... saw this coming a mile away...
ohwell.gif

The last 15-20 mins was pretty intense though... exciting football.

And as usual, the Neviller had something to say... from the sidelines.
eyes.gif

Arsenal are in 1st place even with a bunch of 13-year-olds running around and no strikers on the team
pimp.gif

Now the descent to 3rd place begins
frown.gif

Essien apparently tore a minor ligament in his knee against the Ivory Coast and is expected to be out 1 month.

He had come on as a 2nd half sub in his first match back since recovering from a hamstring injury and he played the full 45 minutes of the half in a 3-1 loss to the Ivory Coast.
I wouldn't be too concerned if I were a Chelsea fan, they have the depth all over the pitch to be able to not miss any one player too much. Whereas Arsenal is done if Cesc goes down for a long period, same goes for United and Rooney.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

He had come on as a 2nd half sub in his first match back since recovering from a hamstring injury and he played the full 45 minutes of the half in a 3-1 loss to the Ivory Coast.
I wouldn't be too concerned if I were a Chelsea fan, they have the depth all over the pitch to be able to not miss any one player too much. Whereas Arsenal is done if Cesc goes down for a long period, same goes for United and Rooney.
I agree with you that Chelsea can handle injuries better than Arsenal and Man Utd. but Michael Essien is the best central midfielder on the teamand one of the best in the world...not a guy you can easily replace.

Yeah, I was wondering why there was only 1 Premiership fixture this weekend (Hull @ Utd.)... then I realized... it's an FA Cup weekend.
ohwell.gif

EDIT ~ Rooneh, Rooneh, Rooneh!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

c08e919a6208771621a2be0a029a42ba-getty-fbl-eng-pr-manutd-hull.jpg

Incidentally, Rooney scored 3 of his 4 after Owen was subbed out for Berba... the 2 just can't play together.

Rooney is finally proving that he can be an everyday goal scorer.

I for one was tired of hearing about how great of a striker he was even though he was bagging only 12-15 goals a season. When criticized for this pedestrian ratio, his supporters would argue that 'Rooney is one of the best strikers at tracking back in the world'
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now that Ronaldo is gone, Rooney has picked up his game and is fulfilling the number one obligation of a striker, which is to score goals.

He has 19 goals in 22 matches and is on pace to score over 30
eek.gif
. To put into perspective how great a season he's having...he only scored 24 goals in the past 2 seasons. He should easily beat that tally in one season as Man Utd. have 15 EPL matches to go.

Rooney wont be playing defences as crappy as Hull City's (whats with Hull leaving Rooney unmarked for 3 of his goals?
laugh.gif
) but I can see Rooney competing for the Golden Boot in the WC.

Oh yeah, Robinho said that he has played list last match for Man City and that he wants to go back to Santos in Brazil on loan. He said that he cant afford to be a substitute on Man City in a World Cup year.

This dude has the worst attitude ever. Left Real Madrid on bad terms, now leaving Man City on bad terms...he better be careful or he may follow Adriano's career path.

Back
Top Bottom