..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

CC is the only reason the Brewers are even close right now.

The Cubbies need to get things together tomorrow night.
mad.gif

We've got the toughest stretch of the schedule to finish up. Three weeks of TOUGH baseball ahead of us.

Whew.

two things will happen:

A. We got out of this slump and hit away. Or we win in a very closely contested, low scoring game.

B. The slump continues, and Lou starts to yell, kick, fuss, etc and, the players in the club lose their continuity(sp?) and chemistry that worked for themearlier. Fights in the dugout, finger-pointing, isolation, will happen as well.

Which one Cubbies? Pick one. But I refuse to panic anymore for this month. I refuse to believe that we will screw this one up. I refuse to see that. Idon't want to believe it. I believe that we will get out of our slump. Maybe sooner, maybe later. But I just refuse to believe in all things that come withthe Cubs, negative-wise.

I too refuse to believe stuff.
I am sad though, and in my heart i am seriously freaking out. I will however put on a good face for my friends and pretend like i think the world is filledwith sunshine and puppies, but in reality i know that my soul is crumbling like an emo kid listening to dashboard confessional.

lol

if lou throws a fit i think it will be good for us...he needs to put them on blast publicly and maybe they will get their act together

but i think we are not getting that worried for the simple fact we lost 5 straight and the brew crew has lost 4 straight, before of course us loosing againtonight and them finally getting a win

i really thought we had a chance at 100 wins this season but now ill just be happy if we are connecting and everyone is healthy

"LETS PLAY BALL"

Originally Posted by CP1708

I work with a Reds fan. Ya'll have any idea what that means?
laugh.gif
it means you can go into work and tell him to shut the %%+% up...we're like 50 games out.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

The Cards have pretty much ...

surrender_flag.jpg

This is what happens when overachievers stop overachieving.
You see this unfortunately magnifies how little you truly know about the sport. The Cardinals didn't overachieve at all this season, theirbullpen simply underachieved. I know you are just trying to start +$%#, but you are the only one who looks like an !+! in this thread. Your team that you ridefor has absolutely no history whatsoever. How does it feel to know that in a sport of tradition, your team has none? At least the Cubs, Reds and Pirates have arich tradition and not to mention can put something in their trophy case. The Astros may not have won a world series, but at least they have been in one thiscentury. What argument do you really hold in this thread, you pull for the most useless team in our division. Not to mention you represent Wisconsin
roll.gif

Not really. No one expected the Cardinals to be in the playoff race this season. They overachieved big time all the way up until a few weeks ago when theyfinally fell back to earth. Don't tell me you expected guys like Lohse, Ludwick, Ankeil, Wainright, and Wellenmeyer to have seasons like they did. NowI'm not saying these players are bad but they did overachieve.

I kinda agree with Wisco, the Cardinals were chosen , by most people, to finish 3rd in the division, maybe 2nd. I think they over-achieved, that doesn'tmean they aren't a good team, but they over-achieved.

Finally

lets win the damn series tomorrow. A win today is fine, but its all for not if we lose tomorrow. And damn it, I lost 3 straight in Maddenearlier, but a Cubs win makes up for it. And you know what else I wanna see....how about the Bears shocking the world ....and maybe a win for me in Madden
laugh.gif

indeed. Not only if we don't take the rubber game, but if we don't hit with Harang on the mound, then we should be embarrassed.

Today is one of those games that scares me. I know Harang has been bad all year (I beleive he's hurt, I don't care what anyone says) but over the pasttwo or three years, he has owned us pretty good. Bad as he's been, it would not shock me if he pitched really well today.

I hope that I'm wrong though and we can win another series and have a good off day tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Thank you Sori for ending the suffereing last night. Nice nice work by Marquis too.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom