..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

^^
seems like a very real possibility. I think we saw the NL central champs and the wild card last night. I will be at the game on Wednesday and i know it willhave an October feel. I cant wait!!!
smile.gif

^
Better turn that to a thumbs up homie, Izzy back in the closer role.
pimp.gif

Let the comebacks begin.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
pimp.gif

Let the comebacks begin.
laugh.gif

e9635b45c15fea6e4d8808591a09763bf19ea06.png

You should be more concerened with your teams artistic method of choking
wink.gif

you guys are sleeping on the real matchup right now
the battle for 4th place.
Houston vs. Reds. real barn burner
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Boston has been looking at miggy i guess. Send us Lester and we got a deal.
laugh.gif

I think making izzy the closer is some kind of sick and twisted reverse psychology type crap to get the offense to try and score more runs so izzy can give up4 runs in an inning without them having to worry about it.

anyway.............

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
pimp.gif

Let the comebacks begin.
laugh.gif

e9635b45c15fea6e4d8808591a09763bf19ea06.png

You should be more concerened with your teams artistic method of choking
wink.gif

All in the past bro. We don't even have to win the division, just get the wild card and we'll do something we haven't done in a billionyears. Back to back playoffs.

Baby steps man, baby steps.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I think making izzy the closer is some kind of sick and twisted reverse psychology type crap to get the offense to try and score more runs so izzy can give up 4 runs in an inning without them having to worry about it.

anyway.............

laugh.gif

CP1708 time will tell my man, time will tell
nerd.gif

^
I hear ya. But that type of stuff is what I'm looking for. I'm not going to sit here and say that we are going to go from 100 years of zip to instanttitle. We need to be playoff regulars, get that experience up, get some hurt, and that will drive the players. Making the playoffs once a decade doesn'tdo squat.

So, if we can make a run this year, maybe make a run next year, then we can say we have legit hopes to win something.

Boston failed for years and years before they broke thru. I'm hoping we can do the same.
glasses.gif

I honestly thing LaRussa doesn't know where else to turn at this point, plus the asking price for any closer in this market is way too steep. I am by nomeans waving the white flag, but they are better off getting a closer during the off season for cheap instead of selling the farm to get a middle of the roadcloser only to see the Cardinals finish 1 GB of the Brewers.

Basically this season will ride on the health of Carp (tomorrow night
pimp.gif
) and Wainwright. Even if one of them can come back to regular strength, it will helpout the bullpen and the rotation at the same time.

FB and Pacmagic - if I told either of you guys that with 54 games left the Cardinals would only be 4 games out of a division lead and 2 back of a playoff spot,you probably would have wet yourself, then again so would I. Clement, Mulder, Carpenter, Wainwright all with problems, plus Izzy and the bullpen struggles itis a miracle to even be in the hunt.

Sheets catchin a beatdown tonight!!

All that talk about Sabathia and Sheets taking the first two games is out the window now. Sit ya'll sorry %%#%$ down. We takin this crown ! Keep talkin andyip-yappin.

Chi- town WHAT !!!!

Great inning for Chicago! To bad Lackey couldn't shut down the Red Sox. SMH at Red Sox fan cheering over a hit when they're down 6 runs.

Originally Posted by aRog27

Sheets catchin a beatdown tonight!!

All that talk about Sabathia and Sheets taking the first two games is out the window now. Sit ya'll sorry %%#%$ down. We takin this crown ! Keep talkin and yip-yappin.

Chi- town WHAT !!!!

Son acting like they won the world series, wow. Calm down.

thats an AL fan for you...they think thats REAL baseball

but we got a great game going

braun is playing defense UGGLA style

3 up
pimp.gif

if we can score like we have done these past two games we can beat anyone.

glad to see fukudome get 2 hits he has been struggling, a-ram with 4 hits after his slump earlier last week
pimp.gif
we are heating up at the right time

Ah the friendly confines of Wrigley Field North. I would like to thank the brew crews outfield for being inept tonight. All we would've needed was 2 runsanyway, Big Z absolutely dealt tonight!!!

^^^^ Cards are only a game back of Milwaukee.........you might be comin for the Booers...

and yes, Big Z was deeeeeealing tonight..nasty stuff.

THe brewers suck, yall supposed to be beating up against each other, but the Brewers are just getting BEAT DOWN. THe hell happened??

Yall need to AT LEAST split the series so we can be 1 game down from the Brewers and 2 games down from the Cubs, but you've already used the Ace and Kingof spades in your hand.

Thats all if we can sweep the Braves of course.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

THe brewers suck, yall supposed to be beating up against each other, but the Brewers are just getting BEAT DOWN. THe hell happened??

Yall need to AT LEAST split the series so we can be 1 game down from the Brewers and 2 games down from the Cubs, but you've already used the Ace and King of spades in your hand.

Thats all if we can sweep the Braves of course.

[Amanda Bynes] Not a problem!! [Amanda Bynes]

Back
Top Bottom