..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

To be honest I have no clue, I've been trying to figure it out but I can't. All I know is the Cubs are only paying him $284k, which is a bargain imo. I'm not completely sold on the guy, but if anything he's played extremely solid defense and given us some offensive punch here and there.

Yeah, no joke. I didn't know that either.

I just was getting real sick of hearing, "Can you believe the Cardinals didn't resign this guy? OMG LULZ he is really tearing it up!"

Ludwick for MVP!

With Mark Reynolds and Chris Young, the D-Backs now have three of the top five players who lead the league in strikeouts.

^
laugh.gif

That is a lot of K's. I think it was a good move by the Reds. Don't doubt Jocketty just yet, now.

And off topic, but truthmain - how are you a Cubs/Vikings fan?

Originally Posted by JCH3

^
laugh.gif

That is a lot of K's. I think it was a good move by the Reds. Don't doubt Jocketty just yet, now.

Born in Des Moines, so since Iowa had no sports team, you pretty much latch on to the neighboring states. My big brothers just happened to love the Cubsand Vikings, and I promptly followed suit.

Originally Posted by truthmain

^
laugh.gif

Born in Des Moines, so since Iowa had no sports team, you pretty much latch on to the neighboring states. My big brothers just happened to love the Cubs and Vikings, and I promptly followed suit.
People that like teams from different areas are weird.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
laugh.gif

Born in Des Moines, so since Iowa had no sports team, you pretty much latch on to the neighboring states. My big brothers just happened to love the Cubs and Vikings, and I promptly followed suit.
laugh.gif

It's weird, but most people have logical explanations as to why their allegiances span the country. FB is still the king of that. He's all over themap. Still strange to see him love the Bulls and the Cards.

anyway...

9RPAfRH2.jpg

Adam is Done in Cincy
CINCINNATI --- First Ken Griffey Jr. was traded to a contender. On Monday, the Reds did likewise with left fielder Adam Dunn.
Cincinnati sent Dunn to the Diamondbacks after Arizona put in a waiver claim on the left-handed slugger. The Reds received Minor League pitcher Dallas Buckand two players to be named later in return.

Dunn, 28, is in the option year of a contract that is paying him $13 million this season and can be a free agent this winter. The Reds have decided to movehim now with the hopes of getting some sort of return instead of letting him get away on the open market for nothing.

Despite batting .233 in 114 games during a streaky 2008 season, Dunn is tied for the Major League lead with 32 home runs and also has 74 RBIs, 58 runsscored and a .373 on-base percentage. He's walked 80 times with 120 strikeouts.

Drafted in the second round in 1998, Dunn has spent his entire professional career in the Reds organization. In the Majors since 2001, he wasCincinnati's most tenured player for the team's 10 games since his good friend Griffey was traded to the White Sox on July 31.

Dunn hit .247 with 270 homers and 646 RBIs in parts of eight seasons with the Reds.

The trade could give him his first crack at playing in the playoffs. The Reds are 52-67 and entered the day 19 1/2 games out of first place in the NationalLeague Central Division standings. Arizona is the NL West leader at 60-58 and hold a 1 1/2-game lead over the Dodgers.

Buck was selected in the third round of the 2006 First-Year Player Draft and underwent Tommy John surgery last year. He returned to action a couple ofmonths ago and went 1-4 with a 3.94 ERA in nine games (eight starts) for Class A South Bend. The right-hander was promoted to Arizona's high-A ball team inVisalia earlier this month and in his lone start allowed three unearned runs in five innings.

Since Griffey's trade to Chicago, the Reds have started moving veterans to make room for younger players. On Sunday, catcher David Ross was designatedfor assignment so rookie catcher Ryan Hanigan could be promoted from Triple-A Louisville.

^
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

**Looks at sig**
laugh.gif

^
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

**Looks at sig**
laugh.gif
wink.gif

roll.gif

I saw a person today who had a packers flag and a St. Louis Cards flag flying on the same pole. I think he was trying to piss me off.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I saw a person today who had a packers flag and a St. Louis Cards flag flying on the same pole. I think he was trying to piss me off.
I was wondering where Stringer been.
laugh.gif

I wish he would just bury the hatchet and get back in here. We keep losing everyone that was posting in here on the regular. No Zo, WildKY is bailing, FB canonly stand us so much, now String is gone. Yet, I fully expect to see them all posting in here in October.

Weird.
roll.gif

They prolly working on all their new material right now to just unleash on us if things don't go our way.

Originally Posted by tylerdub

I was wondering where Stringer been.
laugh.gif

I wish he would just bury the hatchet and get back in here. We keep losing everyone that was posting in here on the regular. No Zo, WildKY is bailing, FB can only stand us so much, now String is gone. Yet, I fully expect to see them all posting in here in October.

Weird.
roll.gif

They prolly working on all their new material right now to just unleash on us if things don't go our way.

I am still here
laugh.gif
and I am not sick of anyone in here, it's allNL Central family in my book. I can't lie, I am not upset about the Cubs success as much as I am dissapointed in my teams play. If the Cubs make a run atit; I will sit back and "maybe" witness history. It's funny how over the years we have all managed to talk mad %%#$ to one another, but also haverespect for eachother as well. I know I have had words with truthmain at a time and maybe some other members one season or another, but it's all love in mybook.
laugh.gif
@ the comment about me being all over the map, it's true
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

whats good page 3?

cubs game canceled due to rain

double header tomorrow

Boooooo,

I just got squakin with a guy here at work, I realized if things stay the way they are right now (I know, big if) but we would be facing the D-Backs in thefirst round again, right? The team that swept us last year. And they go Webb..........Haren..........Randy owns us Johnson..........

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight.
frown.gif

It's always tough to sweep double-headers. So advantage AtL in that respect.

And CP, I know what you mean, but Stringer is a disrespectful person. That's enough for me not to want him in here.

Yup.........NOW the bullpen is holding teams, but we cant score. I swear, if it aint one thing, its another. THEN.........carpenter is out again with anotherinjury and wainwright is sucking big time in the minors.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

The Cards are 7 back now and quitely slipping out of the race
smh.gif

Sssshhhhh, let them slip.
wink.gif

Yeah, I hate double headers. Very tough to win both games, had we played yesterday and again today, we could have won both games, now odds are ATL gets atleast one. Of course, cuz we are the Cubs and our hopes are high, ATL could win both games just to prove it's not that tough.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom