..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

The bats are alive!!!!
Poor St. Louis, we get a day off to rest up and then we are gonna pound the Cards.

Well, at least we won the series. I'd rather sweep of course, but we keep winning 2 outta 3 vs everyone and we should be good. Big series comin up.
pimp.gif

Carlos Lee still 6 more times though.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

end the cards hopes like we ended the season of the brewers

roll.gif
*@$? You ended our season in July? Last time I checked we'restill in the wild card lead and there is still 2 months of baseball. I can't wait for karma to set in.

SIR ALBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First pitch home run......didnt even give Lowe a chance, i actually called it, dude was 1-8 this year with bases loaded.

EDIT-----------
LUDWICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BACK TO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What has lowe been doing this year??? He doesnt look very good

Perez is the closer of the future for the Cards........He just needs a changeup or a mediocre breaking ball to keep the hitters on their toes.......THatshouldnt be too hard, I like him alot ( No Karamo)

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

roll.gif
*@$? You ended our season in July? Last time I checked we're still in the wild card lead and there is still 2 months of baseball. I can't wait for karma to set in.

a 4 game sweep of the brewers when on the sunday morning before the series they were tied for 1st! just so happens that the prince parra fiasco came afterthey sweep
if it were the brewers who swept the cubs, and the cubs started struggling and having issues after the series im sure you would be saying the samething.

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

I prefer Wainwright as our closer, but if Perez can get the job done
pimp.gif
yea....I can kinda see that, but we need him too much as a 2nd or 3rd starter behind Carp, who i must say looks GREAT and Lohse. I dont likeWellemeyer and pooper too much, so wain is needed in the lineup.......and pineiro SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

roll.gif
*@$? You ended our season in July? Last time I checked we're still in the wild card lead and there is still 2 months of baseball. I can't wait for karma to set in.

a 4 game sweep of the brewers when on the sunday morning before the series they were tied for 1st! just so happens that the prince parra fiasco came after they sweep
if it were the brewers who swept the cubs, and the cubs started struggling and having issues after the series im sure you would be saying the same thing.
Still though, they win the wild card, they can erase a July series by beating us in the playoffs to get to the world series. We aren't rid of themyet.
frown.gif

I know you excited, as am I, but we ain't the '27 Yankees man.
wink.gif

Another big win for the Boys in Blue.

So I am on my way to work yesterday morning.....and I bump into these guys on their way to work....

2lo2fr5.jpg

29p584y.jpg

25jjzw0.jpg

rw6n3k.jpg

A start to a nice day when you stumble into Ryan Dempster and Reed Johnson. The perks of living by Heaven (aka the Friendly Confines).

I'll be at the Wrigley tomorrow watching the Cubbies trounce the Cardinals - PM me if anyone is going.

Another big win for the Boys in Blue.

So I am on my way to work yesterday morning.....and I bump into these guys on their way to work....

2lo2fr5.jpg

29p584y.jpg

25jjzw0.jpg

rw6n3k.jpg

A start to a nice day when you stumble into Ryan Dempster and Reed Johnson. The perks of living by Heaven (aka the Friendly Confines).

I'll be at the Wrigley tomorrow watching the Cubbies trounce the Cardinals - PM me if anyone is going.

^ lol totally...

And I don't know why it posted them twice.....check the post count, it only counted as one! Effin Safari.

That is Sweet Flint. I would love to live near Wrigley (as long as i had a garage), it would be fun to be right in the middle of all the Hub bub, bub.

I don't have a garage but I have a deeded parking spot, which is key in that neighborhood. Trying to find a parking spot is like Carlos Marmol trying tofind his location on a bad day.

Well we couldn't pull off the sweep of those Bums. I am counting on the Cards getting swept by the Cubs. We will be 9 back after the Chicago series
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AM 1 FIEND

Well we couldn't pull off the sweep of those Bums. I am counting on the Cards getting swept by the Cubs. We will be 9 back after the Chicago series
smh.gif

I doubt it will be a sweep. I'll be happy with 2 outta 3. You guys will play "up" against us, you know that.

You, see, that what I love about this thread. While, the girls in the NL Central thread are swooning over pictures of Ryan Dempster and Reed Johnson and printing them out to pin up on their bedroom walls; we're talking about batting line ups and Chicago sports talk radio

Go figure

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't need to tell you who that's from ...... dude's a punk.

SMH... all the hate. I didnt see anyone swooning. This dude would be the first guy to slobber on AJ, too.

If the Cubs can sweep or even take 2 of 3, the NL Central can become a 2 horse race. Sorry to say it but with as few games left as there are, barring injury,the Cubs will be very hard to catch.
Should be interesting to see how the first 3 Cubs pitchers perform. These are the same guys who swept the brew crew. I really like the Cubs chances anytimeLilly, Harden, Z, and Dempster step on the mound. In a 3 game series it is really hard to win the series when you are facing any combination of those 4 guys.Makes me feel good about the playoffs.

laugh.gif
the funny thing about that other thread is that it's really onlyone dude, hyping up himself and talkin' to himself the entire time.

Did I say funny? I meant pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom