..:Official 2008 NL Central Thread:..Congratulations Chicago Cubs...:

I want one of those 4th of July Cubs hats!!

Big Z looked very good. I didnt ever think he was hurt that bad and he showed last night that he isnt.

Lilly and Lohse today. Should be another good one. that said, GOOOOO CUBBBBBBIES!!!

Yea.....that was a great game.....Great pitching by looper and Z. Hopefully our offense opens up against Lilly and Lohse will keep doing what hes been doingall year.

Why did they even waste time putting Franklin out there, dude looks like izzy pitching out there.........dammit

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANKIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAANKKK YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That was awesome.

Thought we were somehow gonna blow it with the bases loaded and nobody out.

Thank goodness for Rick Ankiel.

I have no comment other than, it feels like the ends of my Q-Tips were replaced with razor blades.

my day always turns so sour when the cubs lose. i don't ever watch anything sports related after it.

Originally Posted by grmanny

my day always turns so sour when the cubs lose. i don't ever watch anything sports related after it.

Word....i don't watch Sportscenter on nights the Cubs lose. Pisses me off too much.

There were almost more cubs fans at Fair Saint Louis that cardinals fans (with jerseys on anyway). Not very good loosers i must say, i got a bunch of nastylooks (had an ankiel jersey on
smile.gif
)

I will be at Busch tomorrow. I am very much looking forward to it, I havent been to the new stadium and i hear it is great.

I will be wearing a 1969 M&N road Ernie Banks jersey, 6'5" white dude, slightly awkward, Bud Light and at least 2 hot dogs smothered in mustardand relish. If you see me say whats up and do the NT tap tap pull gang sign. And i will pretend like i dont know what it means so you feel like an idiot.
wink.gif

I truly can't express how unbelievably pissed off I am. Another close game in which Lilly pitched well. Ramirez finally busts out of his slump with a hugeclutch 2 run homer in that 8th inning, and then Jim Edmonds' dumb !$$ goes for a Saturday afternoon stroll when he should've been hauling down that 3rdbase line. What in the holy hell are you looking at Edmonds? Why are you staring at the right fielder when you should be seeing nothing but home plate ? Youtag up, skip along the line, then decide to do the worst slide in the history of slides ?? Really ? In a GIGANTIC game against your former team, a series inwhich your long time manager basically said he didn't want to know you anymore, you decide to not bust !$$ trying to score ?? And guess whatmoron..........your run would've been huge. Maybe the Cubs actually win the game if you score like you should have. What the hell are you doing?? When youtag up and try to score, you go back to step on 3rd base, you wait for the outfielder to catch the baseball, then you put your head down, stare at home plate,and run as fast as you possibly can. If it's gonna be a close play you maybe try a nie slide in which your body goes one way, while your foot slidesagainst the plate resulting in a run. You are an idiot. I have hated you ever since you became a Cardinal. I hated you when you were traded to my beloved Cubs.I told myself that I would never give you a fair chance. You would have to earn it. In fact, for me to accept you, you would have to put up big numbers. Aftera few weeks of really good play, I began to give you a chance. I no longer hated you. I never saw you as a "Cub", but hell, you were helping my teamso I figured, "Maybe this isn't so bad." But just like the weather.......things change quick. I hate you Jim Edmonds. You are not a Chicago Cub.I will never again see you as a Cub. You are a baseball player whose name is Jim Edmonds. Your uniform is either white with blue pin-stripes, gray, or blue,but you are not......I REPAT, you are not a Chicago Cub. I can endure a lot of stuff. I'm as nice a guy as you could hope to meet, but the one thing I willnot stand for is dis-respect.....You sir, Mr. Edmonds, dis-respected me on that Saturday afternoon in St. Louis. On July 5, 2008, you showed me that you areindeed a moron. You have no excuse for not scoring on that play. God damn it !! What in the bloody heck is going on inside your brain?? I'm done withyou....but alas, the Cubs still went into the 9th inning with a 4-2 lead. Kerry Wood comes out to close it again, and what does he do?? Walk the first batteron 7 pitches. OK OK....the tying run comes up to the plate but c'mon, have a little faith in your closer, Kerry Wood. He re-groups and promptly walks thenext Cardinal on 8 pitches. What the hell are you doing?? Why...why would you allow yourself to walk the first to batters in the 9th inning of a game that yourteam has a chance to distance yourself from , not only your bitter rival, but from the 2nd place team in your division? Why Kerry?? and what do you do for anencore? let me remind you, you throw a freakin beach ball to the next guy, who rips it down the right field line. It was over then...I didn't need to seethe rest. You allowed 3 runs to score, you blew the game, lost the game, blew the save, let the evil team win, you let them gain a game, you lost the chancefor your team to sweep the evil team, and you gave them more hope to win the series on Sunday. The Cubs could've had a chance to extend their div. lead to5.5 games, but no.....and on top of all that Milwaukee is right behind us as well. I know I'm crazy, but this was it....this was the game to get, the gamethat would've lead to good things, and now all that is down the drain. It's only a matter of time before the Cubs fall to second, or even god forbid,3rd place. The div. race will go down to the last second of the season, and with that my heart will continue its roller coaster journey.

7/5/08.....mark it. Wood.....Edmonds....you have much to think about. Win tomorrow, or forget about it.

Originally Posted by aRog27

I truly can't express how unbelievably pissed off I am. Another close game in which Lilly pitched well. Ramirez finally busts out of his slump with a huge clutch 2 run homer in that 8th inning, and then Jim Edmonds' dumb !$$ goes for a Saturday afternoon stroll when he should've been hauling down that 3rd base line. What in the holy hell are you looking at Edmonds? Why are you staring at the right fielder when you should be seeing nothing but home plate ? You tag up, skip along the line, then decide to do the worst slide in the history of slides ?? Really ? In a GIGANTIC game against your former team, a series in which your long time manager basically said he didn't want to know you anymore, you decide to not bust !$$ trying to score ?? And guess what moron..........your run would've been huge. Maybe the Cubs actually win the game if you score like you should have. What the hell are you doing?? When you tag up and try to score, you go back to step on 3rd base, you wait for the outfielder to catch the baseball, then you put your head down, stare at home plate, and run as fast as you possibly can. If it's gonna be a close play you maybe try a nie slide in which your body goes one way, while your foot slides against the plate resulting in a run. You are an idiot. I have hated you ever since you became a Cardinal. I hated you when you were traded to my beloved Cubs. I told myself that I would never give you a fair chance. You would have to earn it. In fact, for me to accept you, you would have to put up big numbers. After a few weeks of really good play, I began to give you a chance. I no longer hated you. I never saw you as a "Cub", but hell, you were helping my team so I figured, "Maybe this isn't so bad." But just like the weather.......things change quick. I hate you Jim Edmonds. You are not a Chicago Cub. I will never again see you as a Cub. You are a baseball player whose name is Jim Edmonds. Your uniform is either white with blue pin-stripes, gray, or blue, but you are not......I REPAT, you are not a Chicago Cub. I can endure a lot of stuff. I'm as nice a guy as you could hope to meet, but the one thing I will not stand for is dis-respect.....You sir, Mr. Edmonds, dis-respected me on that Saturday afternoon in St. Louis. On July 5, 2008, you showed me that you are indeed a moron. You have no excuse for not scoring on that play. God damn it !! What in the bloody heck is going on inside your brain?? I'm done with you....but alas, the Cubs still went into the 9th inning with a 4-2 lead. Kerry Wood comes out to close it again, and what does he do?? Walk the first batter on 7 pitches. OK OK....the tying run comes up to the plate but c'mon, have a little faith in your closer, Kerry Wood. He re-groups and promptly walks the next Cardinal on 8 pitches. What the hell are you doing?? Why...why would you allow yourself to walk the first to batters in the 9th inning of a game that your team has a chance to distance yourself from , not only your bitter rival, but from the 2nd place team in your division? Why Kerry?? and what do you do for an encore? let me remind you, you throw a freakin beach ball to the next guy, who rips it down the right field line. It was over then...I didn't need to see the rest. You allowed 3 runs to score, you blew the game, lost the game, blew the save, let the evil team win, you let them gain a game, you lost the chance for your team to sweep the evil team, and you gave them more hope to win the series on Sunday. The Cubs could've had a chance to extend their div. lead to 5.5 games, but no.....and on top of all that Milwaukee is right behind us as well. I know I'm crazy, but this was it....this was the game to get, the game that would've lead to good things, and now all that is down the drain. It's only a matter of time before the Cubs fall to second, or even god forbid, 3rd place. The div. race will go down to the last second of the season, and with that my heart will continue its roller coaster journey.

7/5/08.....mark it. Wood.....Edmonds....you have much to think about. Win tomorrow, or forget about it.

My dude......I know you are pissed off and all, but separate that $@*+ into paragraphs or somethin. I will be at Busch tomorrow. I am very much lookingforward to it, I havent been to the new stadium and i hear it is great.
I will be wearing a 1969 M&N road Ernie Banks jersey, 6'5" white dude, slightly awkward, Bud Light and at least 2 hot dogs smothered in mustard and relish. If you see me say whats up and do the NT tap tap pull gang sign. And i will pretend like i dont know what it means so you feel like an idiot.
wink.gif

HAHAHAH...........I dont even remeber the stupid NT sign deal, would be caught dead doing it either. I actually sold my tickets for the game tomorrow so icould go down to dallas for a few days, gonna leave out in the morning. Where are your seats???? I always get bleacher seats(even though im using my boysseason tickets), they are cheap and the people out there are more laid back and fun than the people that pay a couple hundred for the tickets, all stuck up anduppidy (I met Bobby Knight a few weeks ago, cool *%* dude forreal, was right behind home plate where they have servers and vibrating chairs, pretty plush imust say)

HAHAHAH...........I dont even remeber the stupid NT sign deal, would be caught dead doing it either. I actually sold my tickets for the game tomorrow so i could go down to dallas for a few days, gonna leave out in the morning. Where are your seats???? I always get bleacher seats(even though im using my boys season tickets), they are cheap and the people out there are more laid back and fun than the people that pay a couple hundred for the tickets, all stuck up and uppidy (I met Bobby Knight a few weeks ago, cool *%* dude forreal, was right behind home plate where they have servers and vibrating chairs, pretty plush i must say)

We are sitting in sec 268. We got our seats online from the Cards before the season began so they were pretty cheap. We might trade them in with some cash andget closer or bleacher seats.

Brewers sweep the Pirates.
CC is on the way.
Braun an all-star starter.
We have the most home games in the MLB the rest of way.

Everyone around the city is getting crazy. This is going to be one hell of a run.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

Brewers sweep the Pirates.
CC is on the way.
Braun an all-star starter.
We have the most home games in the MLB the rest of way.

Everyone around the city is getting crazy. This is going to be one hell of a run.

Grats on CC. He is a heck of an addition. you guys are getting scary. For the cards.

Busch stadium is a great place to watch baseball, very fun. I drank a bunch of beers and got rowdy by the 7th inning when all the cards fans were leaving.
tongue.gif

Sabathia isn't a Brewer yet. Let's not put the horse before the carriage.

Edit**** crap crap crap.......

40729648.jpg

Offense Gets In Gear, Cubs Take 2 From StL.
Cubs Win 7-1

ST. LOUIS -- What a day for Cubs rookie Geovany Soto. On Sunday, he was told that 3,096,135 people thought he should be the starting catcher for the NationalLeague All-Star team, and then he was able to focus on Sean Marshall, getting him to pitch his best game of the year.
By the way, Soto also did his job at the plate, hitting a solo homer, his 15th, to lead the Cubs to a 7-1 victory over the St. Louis Cardinals, and open a 31/2-game lead in the National League Central.

All-Star Aramis Ramirez drove in three runs for the Cubs, who rebounded from a tough loss Saturday.

"It's going to happen," manager Lou Piniella said of the day before, when the Cubs blew a two-run lead in the ninth to lose, 5-4. "Theyhappen a few times a year. The problem is you don't like them when they happen, but you have to accept it. To the credit of this team, we came back todayand played aggressive and played a real good ballgame. We got some timely hitting and really good pitching, and we bounced back. We can enjoy our day offtomorrow a little more."

Soto, one of a franchise-record seven Cubs selected to the National League All-Star team along with Ramirez, led off the eighth with his blast off RussSpringer. His 15 homers are the most by a Cubs rookie since Mel Hall hit 17 in 1983.

"I don't really know how to feel," Soto said of his All-Star selection. "Do I feel excited, nervous, happy? It's kind of surrealright now. Right now, I don't know what to expect."

Ramirez had doubled in the second and scored on Mark DeRosa's single against former Cub Todd Wellemeyer (7-4). Ramirez also hit an RBI single in thethird and hit sacrifice flies in the fifth and the ninth. He leads the team with 60 RBIs.

Derrek Lee added a two-out, RBI double in the Chicago seventh, scoring Kosuke Fukudome. It was nice to have timely hitting.

"I think hitting is contagious, and we've seen that all year," Soto said. "We had to pick it up on the road, and we did it alittle."

Marshall (1-2) picked up the win, giving up one run on six hits over six innings while striking out four. One of those hits was a solo homer by Ryan Ludwickwith one out in the sixth. He'll stay in the rotation, getting his next start Saturday against the San Francisco Giants. Sean Gallagher also stays in therotation, and Jason Marquis will start Friday.

Marshall was the star Sunday.

"Over the two years I've been here, that's as good as I've seen him throw the ball," Piniella said.

"It was good -- it was hot," Marshall said. "I made some pitches when I needed to and got out of a couple jams.

"Hopefully we can use the momentum from this game and I can carry it into my next start, and the team can carry it into Tuesday."

This trip signaled the last of the tough road junkets for the Cubs. With the win, the Cubs took the series, their first away from home since taking two outof three at Toronto on June 13-15. Chicago's 53 wins are the most before the All-Star break since the 1977 team won 54 in the first half.

"This series isn't going to decide the winner in the National League Central," Piniella said of the showdown with the Cardinals."There's too much baseball to be played.

"What we need now is to stay hot at home. We played really good baseball in the first half at home, and we need to continue that."

Mighty fine day for me when the Cubs win. Not to worried about the Brewers. CC might be "good" but he hasn't proven to me his consistency thisseason. Besides, after this season, I don't expect him to be around. NO way Brewers can afford a Santana like deal to bring him back.

Originally Posted by aRog27

I love how Stringer appears solely to antagonize us........ ... .. .

I just found that guys comment about CC very funny.
He got off to a very rough April, but he's lowered his ERA each of his last ten starts and hasgone atleast 7 innings pitched

CC is a workhorse. He's going to strength that starting rotation and give that Brewers pen some rest because he'll go deep into games

5/14 - ERA 5.47

7/2 - ERA 3.83

In that span he's give up 19 ER

glasses.gif

10.5 outta first....7 games behind the wild card leader (Brewers, who just got CC).
ohwell.gif

next 3 at Wrigley, then 3 at Milwaukee....two big series (in my eyes at least.)

Back
Top Bottom