Official 2008 NBA Finals Game 2 Thread: Lakers @ Boston 6/8 6PM PST Game On ABC HD

peirce got fouled on his final drive.
vlad traveled.
but the refs obviously called this game heavily in the celtics favor.
if you don't see that you must be blind.
powe shot more freethrows in one minute than kobe during the whole wcf
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

terrible
smh.gif

Vlad on the break
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

First half was clearly decided by the refs, 3rd quarter we played terribly (Space Cadet had me wanting to punch my tv
mad.gif
) but at least we made it close inthe 4th and I hope we can carry the momentum into game 3 and come out and get a big lead early on.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Did you guys reallllly not see Pierce get his arm slapped while going to the hoop? Or is this more of your fandom blinding you?
Seriously...

No question, the referees were biased the first half. However, that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost, yet, a lot of you guys are saying the refs are the sole reason for it.
laugh.gif
Prior to that run in the 4th, the Celtics outplayed the Lakers, period, and the Lakers gave up too soon and ultimately their run was made too late.

you know what would be better then, let the C's start out with a 20 point lead... then hopefully the game will be called evenly and it'll save somegame time..
laugh.gif

Hell of an effort by the Lakers in the end.

Can't believe Kobe didn't get the ball when they were down 4.

Heading back to LA...

SHUGES:
I don't see how dudes were saying that was a phantom foul. Son attacked the rim and got hit by 3 different Lakers. Foul. Easy call.
No way, no how, not even.

He jumped INTO those 3 Lakers.

You're right; that's a foul, easy call... ON PIERCE. The center laker (whoever it was) already established, planted, and the two on the sides collapsedwhen Pierce committed to the rim, and he just decided 'Hell with that; I'm a bowling ball, and y'all three are some pins."

That's an offensive foul, 50% of the time, every time. For the most part.

I only saw the fourth quarter, but the refs must have made 15+ bad calls if the Lakers were down 24 with 6+ min. left in the game.

Oh well, we'll see what happens in L.A....

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Did you guys reallllly not see Pierce get his arm slapped while going to the hoop? Or is this more of your fandom blinding you?
Seriously...

No question, the referees were biased the first half. However, that wasn't the reason the Lakers lost, yet, a lot of you guys are saying the refs are the sole reason for it.
laugh.gif
Prior to that run in the 4th, the Celtics outplayed the Lakers, period, and the Lakers gave up too soon and ultimately their run was made too late.

Who said the refs were the sole reason?

No one.
No one said that, but all I saw from reading through this thread was constant complaining over the officiating, as if that was the sole reason you guyslost. Enh, my point was that there were many other reasons why the Lakers lost. They weren't getting blown out by 20+ points because of the referees.

Sure making it seem like it. I mean, seriously read some of these replies by Laker fans.
laugh.gif

exactly
laugh.gif

Seriously...

laugh.gif

Who said the refs were the sole reason?

No one.

Sure making it seem like it. I mean, seriously read some of these replies by Laker fans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

at least we never gave up...now if only we could play like we did this 4th quarter in EACH game! jesus...our D FTL!

you guys did give up, after you let powe slam the ball like that, it means you gave up..... only reason why you had something to play for was celtics handed it back to you. you can be sure celtics won;t fall asleep like this when they have the lead....

celtics did fall asleep when they had the lead... were you watchin the game?

i forgot to type again, i mean to say they won;t do this again. they got scared. usually it happens once. lakers should have stole it, but they missed thechance. celtics won;t fall asleep anymore this series.

ok boston's mission is to take 1 outta 3 from L.A.

you guys better hope its not game 5 (assuming u win 2)

momentum going back to boston.....pffft watch out...

Props to the Lakers for the almost comeback. I admit this was mainly a ref victory, but I assure you, us Bostonians will be on the other end for at least twoof the LA games.

Pierce did get hit on that play. It probably shouldnt have been called due to the timing of the game, but it was a foul.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

By the way, Vlad took like 8 steps going in for that dunk (yes I'm a Lakers fan)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

He took less than that Duncan dunk though.
true that!!! How about Paul travle for the 4point play late game!!!!

Xtapolapacetl:
The only way Lakers are winning this is if they take all 3 at home. If they lose one, they're not winning both game 6 & 7 in Boston.
Fact.

Originally Posted by My Name is Grafh

I'M STILL DYING OFF THAT POWE COAST 2 COAST DUNK, HE TOLD THE ENTIRE CITY OF LA TO SIT DOWN!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
play of the game......player wise.....how u let a bech player go from coast tocoast and then just yam it like he was a starter....
pimp.gif

I am seriously pissed because I know that this game should have been won by the Lakers, I mean we are good enough to beat the Spurs 8 vs 5 but not the Celtics.

I THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT 20 BAD CALL/NO CALLS GO THE WAY OF THE CELTICS AND ONE OR TWO BAD CALLS GO THE OTHER WAY AND THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE EVEN????? GETTHE !^$% OUTTA HERE MAN!!! IF THE REFS KEEP THIS UP THE NBA WILL BE A JOKE, IT ALREADY ALMOST IS.

I DON'T CARE HOW BLIND YOU ARE YOU CAN'T MISS THAT MANY CALLS AS REFS, YOU JUST CAN'T! IF THAT WAS MY JOB AND I PERFORMED LIKE THAT I WOULD BEFIRED!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SHUGES:
I don't see how dudes were saying that was a phantom foul. Son attacked the rim and got hit by 3 different Lakers. Foul. Easy call.
No way, no how, not even.

He jumped INTO those 3 Lakers.

You're right; that's a foul, easy call... ON PIERCE. The center laker (whoever it was) already established, planted, and the two on the sides collapsed when Pierce committed to the rim, and he just decided 'Hell with that; I'm a bowling ball, and y'all three are some pins."

That's an offensive foul, 50% of the time, every time. For the most part.

laugh.gif
, Stay classy San Diego.
pimp.gif

Someone make a youtube vid where all the fouls shoulda been called on the Celtics -.- that would shutup every Celtic fan

Back
Top Bottom