Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Originally Posted by BangDak

eh...you always give up too much in your trades. horrible trade on your end.

ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Rip and Kenyon Martin were too much for Odom?

Rip doesn't do anything for me and Kenyon Martin is just a bum.

well, looking back at it, i guess its a somewhat fair trade. LO is avging around 20-10 right?
on the other hand, KG out 3weeks
embarassed.gif

I wonder how many minutes, and how much John Salmons will produce in Chicago... the blogs are saying it's not good.
I wonder if I should just drop him
eyes.gif

well, looking back at it, i guess its a somewhat fair trade. LO is avging around 20-10 right?
on the other hand, KG out 3weeks
embarassed.gif

I traded KG and Ridnour for Dirk and D-Will a week ago. I guess I did good.

And since the Bynum injury, LO is averaging around 17 and 14.

wow, you're in a league full of stupid people.
well in that LO trade, you'll lose a bit in points, ft%, assists, but i guess its a fair trade. who are you looking to pickup?

wow, you're in a league full of stupid people.
well in that LO trade, you'll lose a bit in points, ft%, assists, but i guess its a fair trade. who are you looking to pickup?
I picked up Barbosa.

I can afford to lose points. My team is stacked, I just don't like looking at the same names over and over. I feel like making trades for noreason.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

jordan201, good deal then. sometimes i dont mind giving up a bit too much in trades if i can pick up someone good in the FA wire. nice.
animal fries: try to sub dwade for something. cambys production is going to decline with kaman coming back, but it'll be hard to replace wade.

jordan201, good deal then. sometimes i dont mind giving up a bit too much in trades if i can pick up someone good in the FA wire. nice.
Yea, that's what I said.

I still need to move Millsap and/or Brewer. Just looking for the right deal.

for those who have played h2h and roto which one do you guys prefer better? it's my first year playing and i'm loving h2h .. what's the deal withroto?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

for those who have played h2h and roto which one do you guys prefer better? it's my first year playing and i'm loving h2h .. what's the deal with roto?
Head to head is fun but in my league this year, not everyone has been checking their teams every week so it's not fair and pretty cheap. Forexample, the week before I play them, they don't even set their lineups up so the opponent that played them smashed them. Then the week that I play them,they decide to set their lineup so I end up getting a lesser win or possibly even a loss. It's definitely affected me this year because i'm only 1.5games ahead of the second place guy. I know for a FACT that i would be up more if these guys would've played their guys against my opponents OR not settheir lineups when they played me.

I play Roto. At first I didn't know how the hell the scoring was (I had 18 pts out of a max of 100, since there are 10 categories) and someone hereexplained it and now I have 89 out of a possible 100 points.

It's actually better cause you don't get screwed over like in H2H. Also, maybe your team is really good, but they have a bad week, and in H2H you get aL, and in Roto, you could actually make it up.

Alright, so i posted a trade option a page or so back that got rejected. I'm thinking about making another proposition of :

Jamal Crawford
Drew Gooden
Jeff Green

For

Gerald Wallace or AK47....leaning towards AK 47
McDyess
Mike Miller

What do you guys think of this deal?

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I play Roto. At first I didn't know how the hell the scoring was (I had 18 pts out of a max of 100, since there are 10 categories) and someone here explained it and now I have 89 out of a possible 100 points.

It's actually better cause you don't get screwed over like in H2H. Also, maybe your team is really good, but they have a bad week, and in H2H you get a L, and in Roto, you could actually make it up.
wait wait, so 10 player league, and you've got 89 points? am i missing something?
i play roto too. h2h seems fun though, might try it next year.
one trust: are you receiving ak47 and crash or are you giving? if you're receiving, i say no.

wait wait, so 10 player league, and you've got 89 points? am i missing something?
10 player league. 10 categories. 100 is the max points a team can have (meaning he leads in every category) , I have 89. 2nd place has 77.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I play Roto. At first I didn't know how the hell the scoring was (I had 18 pts out of a max of 100, since there are 10 categories) and someone here explained it and now I have 89 out of a possible 100 points.

It's actually better cause you don't get screwed over like in H2H. Also, maybe your team is really good, but they have a bad week, and in H2H you get a L, and in Roto, you could actually make it up.
one trust: are you receiving ak47 and crash or are you giving? if you're receiving, i say no.
Sup BangDak, i'd be receiving. I actually switched my trade up. Basically, Drew Gooden is untradeable in my L right now but I dont want todrop him just yet.

So i made a proposal of :

Jamal Crawford
Jeff Green
Boris Diaw
Drew Gooden

for

AK 47
McDyess
Mike Miller
Dalembert

This is how i see it, I would be giving away points, ft%, 3's and assists but gaining FG%, rebounds, steals, blocks and turnovers. What do you think?

I think you might be giving up just a tad too much OneTrust.

Green is a stud. Inconsistent, sure. But he's better than any of the three you're getting back (if you end up going with AK over G).

Gerald is awesome in multiple categories. But him being injury-prone scares me.
laugh.gif

Drew = Dyess (Even though Gooden hasn't played in a minute right? So I can see why you'd offer him).

And what's there not to like about Crawford? Him >>>>> Miller.

Still, overall it's not a bad trade for either side. I'd be happier with the Jeff/Jamal/Drew combo though.

---------------------

Any of you guys looking for big man help, keep an eye on Big Baby. When KG missed some games a while back, Baby did a good job filling in.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I think you might be giving up just a tad too much OneTrust.

Green is a stud. Inconsistent, sure. But he's better than any of the three you're getting back (if you end up going with AK over G).

Gerald is awesome in multiple categories. But him being injury-prone scares me.
laugh.gif

Drew = Dyess (Even though Gooden hasn't played in a minute right? So I can see why you'd offer him).

And what's there not to like about Crawford? Him >>>>> Miller.

---------------------

Any of you guys looking for big man help, keep an eye on Big Baby. When KG missed some games a while back, Baby did a good job filling in.
What's crackin SHUGES? Green is definitely a stud but I know i have to let someone good go in order to get back those players. I like AKover G because of the steals, blocks and lower turnovers. Plus i trust him more over G cause G is injury prone, although AK can be too
grin.gif

Drew, when healthy, would be a definite keeper for me but he hasn't played in almost two months now and everything i'm reading on him doesn't soundgood. There's no timetable for him and when he comes back, i dont even know what his role will be in Sac. For Dyess, dude is starting and has been aabsolute MONSTER on the boards. He can pretty much avg a double double from here on out if he continues to start.

And yes, Crawford is doing good but he's pretty inconsistent as well and now that my boy AL Jeff is out, Mike Miller has been pretty solid.

I dont know, i'm just mad that i'm losing my # 1 spot and i need to make some moves quick.

OneTrust, I don't really like that trade either. Green >AK47, Crawford > mike miller, diaw >>> dalembert. Gooden is the only one you wouldgive up for a more LATELY consistent Mcdyess only because gooden has been injured. so you lose 3 better players, and gain one better, who when healthy, Goodenis better imo.

Right on for the responses guys. Okay, you three have convinced me. I canceled the deal.

I'm thinking of another one now with another opponent. What do you guys think of this deal?

Salmons
Jeff Green
Rudy Gay

for

Troy Murphy
Rondo
Ty Thomas

Salmons was great for me in Sac but i'm not sure what his time will be like in Chitown. Gay has been disappointing this year although still decent andyeah, Jeff Green is a stud but Troy Mr. Double Double this year.

Let me know what you guys think of this deal. Thanks.

what cat. do you need help in?
i still feel like you're giving too much...you're def right about salmons though. he needs to be gone. he wont be gettin as much burn as he was in sac.

what cat. do you need help in?
i still feel like you're giving too much...you're def right about salmons though. he needs to be gone. he wont be gettin as much burn as he was in sac.

The category i want to improve in is rebounding and steals.

can we see your whole lineup? rondo, tyrus and troy are def your man for those cat though. i just dont think giving green and gay would be a good deal for you.

I read this thread nearly everyday and in my opinion you really can't tell if a trade is going to help someone else without looking at their entire team,especially in H2H. If you playing roto then I guess its a little easier to decide but not much easier. I've personally never been a big fan of roto.

Back
Top Bottom