Official: 2008-2009 Fantasy Basketball Thread *Sticky*

Am I the only one that LOVES to trade? I mean, I can't stand looking at the same names on my team every night.

With that being said, here's another possible trade:

I get:
Pau
Paul Pierve

I give:
Millsap
Devin Harris
Rip

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Anyone have any info on Jameer Nelson? I've been looking every where and haven't found anything. I dropped him when he got hurt but picked him back up over the All-Star break. It would be nice if I knew he was coming back or not. I can probably slip into the playoffs without him.
I think I read somewhere that the owner said he is probably done for the season.

***What's up with Kaman? I thought he would be back by now.

Originally Posted by georgehimself

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Anyone have any info on Jameer Nelson? I've been looking every where and haven't found anything. I dropped him when he got hurt but picked him back up over the All-Star break. It would be nice if I knew he was coming back or not. I can probably slip into the playoffs without him.
I think I read somewhere that the owner said he is probably done for the season.

Nelson, who needs surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder, hopes to put off surgery and return to play this season, Florida Today reports.

Spin: Surgery will require a four-to-six month rehabilitation period and certainly put an end to his season. He's hoping with continued rehabilitation on the shoulder, he can play this season and put off surgery until the summer. "I think I can still play, I think so," Nelson said as he raised his arm up simulating a jump shot. "I'm just keeping hope, keeping the faith and rehabbing it as much as I can and see what I can do after a couple of more weeks in."

Also, I've been gotten rid of Stuckey. He was killing me and since RIP is gettnig back into the swing of things, he won't get as many shots. Remember that he started going off once RIP went down. Dude is probably burned out as well.

Don't sleep on McDyess! I just grabbed him off FA and dropped Mike Miller. MM has been inconsistent most of the year. At least McDyess will get his rebounds and his FG percentage will be high around the basket. He just got back into the starting line up.

Last night against Milwaukee...24 points (on 11-15), 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

Update:
Jose Calderon will start Wednesday's game against the Cavaliers after missing the Raptors previous game to rest his ailing hamstring.

Should I start DJ Aug (who comes off the bench), or a wounded Jose Calderon (with his new squad w/ marion)?

Last time the Raptors played the Cavs, dude shot like 10%
smh.gif

*edit*

Jose's last stat line vs Cavs
[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]33:27[/td] [td] [/td] [td]1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]11.1[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td] [/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
sick.gif

I need felton to be traded soon. augustin is too productive to be relegated to 15-20 min a game.

Ok, so I'm getting tired of D.J. Augustin. I made the mistake of picking him up and now I want to drop him but for who...

My choices are:

- Tyson Chandler
- Jason Thompson
- Ryan Gomes
- Delonte West
- Grant Hill
- Chris Wilcox
- J.R. Smith

Thanks.

^what do you need? i would look into chandler, thompson, hill and west. im leaning towards west, depending what you. im watching how dude is playing before ipick him up though.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^what do you need? i would look into chandler, thompson, hill and west. im leaning towards west, depending what you. im watching how dude is playing before i pick him up though.
Best player available.

is right now a good time to trade away richard jefferson? god knows he'll start sucking it up if and when he goes to portland..

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

whats the update with Kaman?
[table][tr][td]Chris Kaman[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Sidelined[/td] [td]Nov 26[/td] [td]foot[/td] [td]Targeting late-February return[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Latest News:
Clippers center Chris Kaman is scheduled to return to practice, and possibly game action, next week. He's been out since late November with a strained left arch and the reports about his injury have been dismal, but coach Mike Dunleavy finally thinks he might be close to a return. "We should get him back for 25-plus games," Dunleavy said after Wednesday's game. While we're still not completely convinced he'll return to form this season, this news is a good reason to pick him up if you need a center and he's been dropped in your league.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Ok, so I'm getting tired of D.J. Augustin. I made the mistake of picking him up and now I want to drop him but for who...

My choices are:

- Tyson Chandler
- Jason Thompson
- Ryan Gomes
- Delonte West
- Grant Hill
- Chris Wilcox
- J.R. Smith

Thanks.
Anybody?

I guess I don't need help with assists... does that help? Another 3pt shooter or a rebounder or a scorer or a shot blocker would be good. So basically, thebest player available
laugh.gif

And I guess take Wilcox off that list because the Tyson Chandler trade didn't go through.

^i would take a chance on Jason Thompson. he puts up good %s and rebound okay, scores somewhat consistently. Gomes isnt a bad gamble either with Jefferson out.
With Garcia, i still wouldn't bother picking him up. He has little fantasy value, he's just an inconsistent scorer who doesn't do much else.

Sidenote: I just picked up Von Wafer
nerd.gif

^ Thanks for the advice. I opted to get Gomes over Jason Thompson.

While you're here, how's Spencer Hawes look with his new cast of characters like Gooden and Nocioni? Are you expecting much out of him?

Wafer was able to produce when T-Mac went down with an injury earlier in the season. I think he'll be a solid pick up.

Ya with Miller out I'm hoping Hawes will become a 14 and 7ish guy. He brings it on D with a few blocks, but the thing that concerns me is his FG% being 43%as a post player.
His stats as a starter and sub are nearly identical though, with the exception being 32 mpg rather than the 22 mpg off the bench; and his FG% is higher off thebench
laugh.gif
so i'm really not sure what to think. With Miller out it will force Kenny Natt to play Hawes in post more rather than roam around on theperimeter and launch lazy jumpers; and hopefully that will make him a more efficient offensive player.

Edit: I just realized Hawes and Thompson are putting up exactly identical numbers with 10 and 6
laugh.gif
all this time I thought Hawes has been outplaying Thompsontoo
laugh.gif

damn paul, DJ aug would be such a sick fantasy player if he was a starter.

have you seen his #s as a starter compared to coming off the bench? its like 20-25ppg 7ast, and coming off the bench is like less than 10 ... larry brown iseffin it all up
smh.gif

im thinking of droppin' him for ryan gomes too, so we'll see how it goes

gomes actually been decent. 17ppg over last 5 games and he's getting the start at PF, which mean more opportunity for rebound. and he'll help you outwith 3-pt.

Back
Top Bottom